Gaming Update #1: The Beginning

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

Edited By natetodamax

So just a few minutes ago, I've decided to start a blog about things I've been doing involving video games during the weekend. I've decided to do this every Monday, and it will be a recap of games I've been playing over the week and weekend and things I may have achieved. Now, you probably noticed that this is Tuesday, but the next one will continue on Monday as planned.

As far as things that I've been playing goes, I really haven't been up to much lately. I've been playing a disgusting amount of Fallout 3 using my 5th or 6th character. I've basically just been running around doing side quests and other things that any Vault Dweller would do. Today I did the Reilly's Rangers quest, which only ignited my hate for that quest once more. It literally took me about an hour and a half to complete, because I kept getting lost in the Hotel and had no clue where I was going. You'd think after completing the quest a number of times I'd be able to finish it faster, but that wasn't the case.

Anyway, I'm expecting a lot more information next week because I'll hopefully be picking up The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for the Xbox 360 during the coming week. I'm extremely excited, because I've been wanting that game even before I had a next gen console. I love Fallout 3 (if you haven't realized that already) so I figured Oblivion would be just right for me. We'll see how it goes.

Until next time, children.

*Note For Mod*
I wasn't sure whether this belonged in Off Topic or General Discussion, so I apologize beforehand if this blog belongs someplace else

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By natetodamax

So just a few minutes ago, I've decided to start a blog about things I've been doing involving video games during the weekend. I've decided to do this every Monday, and it will be a recap of games I've been playing over the week and weekend and things I may have achieved. Now, you probably noticed that this is Tuesday, but the next one will continue on Monday as planned.

As far as things that I've been playing goes, I really haven't been up to much lately. I've been playing a disgusting amount of Fallout 3 using my 5th or 6th character. I've basically just been running around doing side quests and other things that any Vault Dweller would do. Today I did the Reilly's Rangers quest, which only ignited my hate for that quest once more. It literally took me about an hour and a half to complete, because I kept getting lost in the Hotel and had no clue where I was going. You'd think after completing the quest a number of times I'd be able to finish it faster, but that wasn't the case.

Anyway, I'm expecting a lot more information next week because I'll hopefully be picking up The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for the Xbox 360 during the coming week. I'm extremely excited, because I've been wanting that game even before I had a next gen console. I love Fallout 3 (if you haven't realized that already) so I figured Oblivion would be just right for me. We'll see how it goes.

Until next time, children.

*Note For Mod*
I wasn't sure whether this belonged in Off Topic or General Discussion, so I apologize beforehand if this blog belongs someplace else

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Xandurson

I still need to get back to Fallout 3. I plan on going to that after I'm done with Mass Effect. Also Oblivion was great! I would get the GotY edition if I were you. I didn't and I didn't feel like buying all the DLC so I don't have those achievements.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By natetodamax
@GamerGeek360 said:
" I still need to get back to Fallout 3. I plan on going to that after I'm done with Mass Effect. Also Oblivion was great! I would get the GotY edition if I were you. I didn't and I didn't feel like buying all the DLC so I don't have those achievements. "
Getting the GOTY version is exactly what I was going to do. How far did you manage to get in Fallout 3 (just curious)?
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By RHCPfan24

I am going to be playing a lot of Fallout 3 over the next few weeks...finishing up all the side quests and DLC. Wish me luck.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By natetodamax
@RHCPfan24 said:
" I am going to be playing a lot of Fallout 3 over the next few weeks...finishing up all the side quests and DLC. Wish me luck. "
Good luck. Will you be doing Point Lookout or the other ones?
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24
@natetodamax said:
" @RHCPfan24 said:
" I am going to be playing a lot of Fallout 3 over the next few weeks...finishing up all the side quests and DLC. Wish me luck. "
Good luck. Will you be doing Point Lookout or the other ones? "
Everything up to that pretty much. I have bought everything but haven't dove into anything yet. I spend very wisely, I know ;)
teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By teptom
@RHCPfan24: Same here. I still need to buy all rest of the DLC and I have to finish one side quest. I really hate the Nuca Cola Challenge...

Oblivion was a great game. Even if I couldn't truly get into it.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By natetodamax
@RHCPfan24: Cool. I was just asking because I have yet to get Point Lookout (although it did just come out today)
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By Tireyo

Not a bad Idea about the gaming blogs every Monday!  Just a matter of keeping up I guess.

Hope you get The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion ASAP!

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RHCPfan24
@natetodamax: Yeah, don't wanna miss the boat!
Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Xandurson

@natetodamax: Not very far. Other games got in the way and I'm trying to catch up.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Claude

I miss Oblivion. I thought about getting the 360 version, because I don't have enough hard drive space on my PC anymore, and I don't want to delete any of my other games and reinstall it. Oh well... maybe, but not never.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By suneku
@natetodamax: Anything gaming related goes in general discussions if it doesn't fit in a specific forum.
MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By MKHavoc

I rented Fallout 3 at first but I really want to get back to it.  I think I'll be getting the GOTY edition later this year though so I can play all the DLC.  Looking forward to your next update.

ponyslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By ponyslayer

cool, bought Point Lookout today, explored the area and completed the first quest there, surprising how large this dlc is compared to pitt and anchorage.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I got stuck in Broken Steel for a while but managed to beat it last week. Then I played through the Pit and now I can't wait to try Point Lookout.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17  Edited By danielkempster

Fallout 3 is a seriously great game. I've been thinking about picking it up again, but I've decided to hold off and wait for the GotY edition to hit shelves before I do so. Also, I hope you have fun with Oblivion. Fallout 3 acted as a stepping stone into Oblivion for me - it's a much larger, much deeper, and consequently much more daunting game, but I think with that much FO3 experience under your belt you should be just fine with Oblivion.

I look forward to your future gaming updates. Be good, duder.