• 78 results
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I was just a friends place and he disclosed some information to me: he can only play video games while he is high.  

This got me thinking about this topic: have you ever played a game while drunk/high before? I have played No More Heroes drunk, and let me tell you, that game is awesome drunk. 

I always play games while I'm sober though - I find I'm really bad at games when I'm high I have only played NMH while drunk so I don't know about other games. 

What do you guys think?  

If you're against getting drunk/high/intoxicated, please don't post comments like "I am against drugs/alcohol" because this topic is about if you've ever actually played games while intoxicated, not your opinions about getting intoxicated. If that makes any sense. I just don't want a bunch of Debbie-Downers and preachers in this thread. 

EDIT: Oh yeah, RPGs are really fun while high.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

not that i know of.  i've actually always wanted to try gaming drunk, but i never got around to doing that. 

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By CoolDrMoney

I hear Braid is a good game if you drink beer and get drunk or smoke weed and get high

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

No, but I came close when I played FF12 after overdosing on cough drops. My mind blended it with Camp Lazlo, somehow.

Avatar image for 21stcenturyjesus
21stCenturyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By 21stCenturyJesus

burnout paradise is awesome if your drunk/stoned....actually burnout is pretty awsome regarldless of your state of mind. also, ive often wondered what rez hd on lsd/shrooms would be like
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By sjschmidt93

He must get high a lot. 

Drugs are bad kids.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xyzygy
@SJSchmidt93 said:
" He must get high a lot.  Drugs are bad kids. "
Yeah, I actually find it kinda of weird. Like, he can't even pick up a controller without smoking a joint first. It doesn't really make any sense to me...
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Claude

Cool... it's... cool, YEAH!. Fuckin' A.

College Hoops 2K8, gotta play sober. Wii Sports Resort... whatever.

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By eclipsesis

driving is better

tranquilchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By tranquilchaos

I play games drunk all the damn time... Seriously.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kmdrkul

I find myself much better at online gaming after doing some meth.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By jonnyboy

I mostly play Burnout Paradise drunk. I have yet to place in the top three.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Gunner

Ive tried (lol tried) to play CoD:4, Empire: Total War, Halo 3, mario kart 64, golden eye, and saints row.

I fucking suck when im drunk.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RsistncE

Playing while even only buzzed usually nets lots of WTFs from me. I don't do it.

Sektion9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Sektion9

I get tipsy when I play games in the evening / late at night. That is when I don't have exams or other obligations. Every game is better with 3 or 4 beers or glasses of wine or shots of Jägermeister. Red Faction Guerilla multiplayer and Fallout 3 are games that become a hell of a lot of fun when under the influence.

p.s. I use to smoke the buddha. When I did my favourite game was Mass Effect. Use to play it with Coast to Coast AM on the radio in the background. What a trip.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Black_Raven

The last game I played while drunk was Just Cause on Xbox, I was way too drunk that night though and was barely able to see the TV let alone play the game. I've never played games high, only been high once and all it did was make me paranoid and think of really bad things about myself.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By hatking

Never have I played games while drunk...which is weird because I drink a lot and I play games a lot.  Only two times come to mind that were close, the night Fallout 3 came out(midnight release for me) I decided I wanted to drink a bunch of vodka(I probably started drinking around 6), I eventually passed out and woke up from my alarm just before midnight.  I was sober when I got the game but not feeling very well(for good reason), I started playing the game got to the first town opened a cabinet found a bottle of vodka and almost puked in real life.  The other time was actually just like three nights ago when my roommates and myself got good and drunk, one of my roommates who doesn't really ever play video games had the urge to play so I set up NHL 2K7 for him(he is a big hockey fan) and watched him play a couple games.  I have never actually played drunk as far as I can remember though.

Bald3rdash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bald3rdash

Guitar Hero drunk is a helluva good time on expert :P

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By calidan777

I play CoD4 multiplayer drunk pretty often, I usually suck pretty bad when too

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By ThomasP

There are some good drinking games like Rock Band / Guitar Hero, the Wii Sports series, Sing Star, You Don't Know Jack. As far as playing games high on marijuana... whatever floats your boat. Millions of gamers do it all the time.

eyehook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By eyehook

UNO + drunk == win! :)
Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Playing arcade games and shmups drunk is fun. Also anything with local multiplayer is obviously good, Street Fighter, Guitar Hero, racing games.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Druminator

Games are way better stoned (like most things) but they're harder when I'm drunk, especially when I'm seeing double.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FunExplosions

Can't really pinpoint too many exact games, but if I get home drunk at night and I'm not tired, I'll play whatever game I'm currently into. I can pretty confidently say that playing Street Fighter IV drunk is not really beneficial. And like ThomasP said, Guitar Hero and Rock Band are awesome party games.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Stang

10 beers is the only way to truly appreciate Persona.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Linkyshinks

Often, but not any old game. Off the top of my head games like Rez and Cosmic Smash are great games to play. NMH drunk is pretty fun, the fun you get from the basic combat is second to none when drunk, you just cannot help but get into the mood of things by shouting whatever Travis is shouting. 

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Metroid545
@xyzygy said:
" @SJSchmidt93 said:
Yeah, I actually find it kinda of weird. Like, he can't even pick up a controller without smoking a joint first. It doesn't really make any sense to me... "
its an excuse he could if he wanted to but the addiction makes him think he needs it too do the things he does while high.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By iam3green

yes, it is fun. i remember playing mass effect when my friend first gave it to me. i didn't get to far, i got to the citadel. i found it to be confusing then when my friend came over and got high i found what i was looking for. i found it to be really funny that, that happened. sadly, my hard drive broke a while ago. i never touched that game. i play buzzed a lot of times. i only get buzzed i don't like getting drunk. so far jack daniels with pepsi and jagerbomb.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Th3_James

i have played games drunk, high, on psilocybin, and  lsd On separate ocassions....but they do not impair my skills that severally...for most games I dont really do drugs anymore, but when i did it was just recreational... still though LSD by far the best, i didn't expect to trip for a whole day

fear 2 was a blast while on hallucinogenics, me and my friends were all so immersed in the game, we didn't plan on playing for several hours. but it just happened, we got through more than half of the game.. rock band was impossible for us to play though, the colors take over

drunk i usually get pretty sleepy, and end up not wanting to play for a long period of time, but my skills aren't affected

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I pretty much only play games high. Playing racing sims I get really focused and analyse the way I'm driving a lot more, resulting in faster lap times. 

I also really enjoy playing JRPGs this way. Eases the pain of grinding, makes the story more intense and there are plenty of opportunities to smoke another bong or roll up a cigarette.

Playing games while "intoxicated" is the only way for me. That said, I can be really good, or really bad at FPS' when high. Sometimes I can get that really focused state and I'm really good, and other times I couldn't get a kill if my life depended on it. I guess it depends on what weed I'm smoking and the type of stone I have. And how stoned I am.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By penguindust

In the early days of Xbox Live, it seemed that half the people playing Rainbow 6: Raven Shield and MechAssault were drunk, myself included.  I remember lots of online matches with people who were obviously drunk or getting drunk.  We sucked, but it didn't matter because we were all having a good time.  Maybe nostalgia is clouding my memories, but I think there were fewer angry gamers running around then.  Most of us would pop a few brews and just play for a hours straight on.

eyehook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By eyehook
@PenguinDust:  
You are totally right.  I forgot about that.
KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KillaMaStA

I have. It makes games more fun just as it does everything else

I beat a level that I couldnt beat for months before at 3am and totally drunk as well. It was awesome!

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By Cube

I tried to play Virtua Tennis drunk.

I remember putting my face on the 360 controller, in the middle, saying, "what do you want me to do?"

I don't know either.

Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Expletive
@CoolDrMoney said:
" I hear Braid is a good game if you drink beer and get drunk or smoke weed and get high "
tell 'em
MVP1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MVP1101

I can't play GTA4 without being high but i don't know why

Avatar image for equal_opportunity_destroyer497
Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

The weed and videogames combo works very well for me, but I can't do shit in a game if I'm drunk.

Avatar image for fancifulunicorn
fancifulunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By fancifulunicorn

I can remember one occasion that might have involved Street Fighter 2 and definitely involved Megaman X.  I used to play through MMX about every other day before I went to bed but I couldn't get past that damn spider boss while intoxicated. 
MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MeierTheRed
@CoolDrMoney said:
" I hear Braid is a good game if you drink beer and get drunk or smoke weed and get high "
This message has been Soulja Boy approved.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ArchScabby
@Metroid545 said:
" @xyzygy said:
" @SJSchmidt93 said:
Yeah, I actually find it kinda of weird. Like, he can't even pick up a controller without smoking a joint first. It doesn't really make any sense to me... "
its an excuse he could if he wanted to but the addiction makes him think he needs it too do the things he does while high. "
cuz weed is really addicting...
Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Alexander

I find Rez and Uno are good ones. I find myself better at driving games after a few drinks.

jangofett88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jangofett88

You can't go wrong with Geometry Wars 1 or  2

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Devil240Z

I always try to get a good buzz before I play shooters online. really helps improve my aim.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Milkman
@Metroid545 said:
" @xyzygy said:
" @SJSchmidt93 said:
its an excuse he could if he wanted to but the addiction makes him think he needs it too do the things he does while high. "
What are you his guidance counselor?
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By eroticfishcake

I played GT4 when I was a bit pissed once. I came first so I don't think I was pissed enough. It was an interesting experience though.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Metroid545
@Milkman said:
" @Metroid545 said:
" @xyzygy said:
" @SJSchmidt93 said:
What are you his guidance counselor? "
I ain't hatin if thats what your asking
Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Nettacki

I can already tell that The Beatles: Rock Band will be the ultimate game to play to while under the influence. The backgrounds alone should do you in.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i know a guy who plays BF2 while on acid

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MikkaQ

Yeeeeaaah I love playing certain games high, they're mad amounts of fun, but only if it's not too intense, or actiony. I like calmer games, mostly JRPGs while high. That's absolutely the best genre, because all the cheesy japanese melodrama actually starts to feel well written and shit, and you get really into the story of the game. The lame ass grinding gets more fun (I think I can eternally grind if I'm high and have TV on), the battles become wicked, just about everything about them becomes awesome, especially stylised cell shaded ones like Eternal Sonata or something. My new fav is Tales of Vesperia. 

Aaaand Rock Band is THE greatest drunk game ever. The only other game I'Ve been drunk playing was Gears 2, which I didn't even like too much, but they did have those giant monsters attack your drilling trucks, and I was callling them "Robot-Rancors" and "Rob-ancors" and stuff.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Drebin_893

I'm generally outside when I'm baked.