Gaming with strangers or friends, wich is better

narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By narley

When it comes to multiplayer gamig, is it better to play with your friends, aproach goals with a strategy, and since you kinda understand each other, you can feel the satisfaction of reaching a goal with people you know and hang out with. 

Or is is it better to play with strangers. You can frag people you've never met, maybe cause a little in - team chaos, and get a few friend invites allowing your friend list to grow with people that are always ready for a gaming sesion.

Im not sure what to say here. I've always enjoyed playing with the same person more than once. You start to know each other's play style, allowing you to use that to your advantage while playing. Making it the more rewarding when you win or reach a common goal. 
But I've also had some of the best gaming sesions I can remember playing Halo for the PC with total strangers. Playing half life 2 online, Uncharted 2 multiplayer Beta, Lost planet 2 Co - op demo, and GTA 4 has been really fun. You get to see diferent skill sets. And when you encounter some random gamer who's also aproaching the game with the same skill level as you, you kinda understand each other, even if you've never met before.
WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

Considering my favourite type of multiplayer games are fighting games, easily friends. Nothing more satisfying than trashing a friend using Dan then doing a victory dance - then getting your comeuppance a few minutes later.

narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By narley
@WitchHunter_Z said:
"Considering my favourite type of multiplayer games are fighting games, easily friends. Nothing more satisfying than trashing a friend using Dan then doing a victory dance - then getting your comeuppance a few minutes later. "

Thats why when I win, I tend to keep my mouth shut. When you're playing against friends, in my opinion, theres nothing more satisfying than beating them, all while shuting up the ones that thought they were realy, realy, realy, realy good. 
I dont like to be the one that has to shut up and sit down afther a victory dance. 
But thats just me. lol. Although its always fun to play with people like that. Makes the time you spend playing more lively and fun.
Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By Atlas

Friends. A million times, friends.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By dbz1995

The greater satisfaction comes from beating up or outplaying your friends.

Nock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Nock

friends are better, most strangers are dicks, and poor losers. no offense to those of you I don't know lol..... sorry....

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By wefwefasdf

Definitely friends.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Griddler

Duh, friends.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Diamond

It's more fun to play against friends but all my friends are poor losers.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zeforgotten

With friends 

deadmonkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deadmonkeys

"Gaming with Strangers" sounds like a name for a Nerdcore group.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By gingertastic_10

I can't play online with my friends :( None of them have a PS3.

zolika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zolika

Friends.  

mattbosten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mattbosten

Friends, in the same room. Nothing beats a night in with a few beers and the latest edition of FIFA/PES.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By KowalskiManDown
@MattBosten said:
" Friends, in the same room. Nothing beats a night in with a few beers and the latest edition of FIFA/PES. "
Don't forget the excessive amount of pizza.
Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Out_On_Bail

Friends, talking shit the next day is probably the best part about it.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Scooper

Friends times a million.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Branthog

I would love to play with friends, but I don't associate with a lot of gamers -- and those who are gamers stick to only a couple games -- Star Craft and Diablo (well, when those are out again, that is). And even then, I only know two people who fit that bill. Most of my colleagues are a little to a lot older than I am and have a lot of responsibilities that cut out a lot of potential gaming time for them, even if they were gamers.

It sucks, but . . . I have to make due with random people online. Makes certain games (SOCOM, for example) a non-starter for me.

Amberella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Amberella

Definitely with friends. And I like to play with some friends more than others as well. Guess it depends on what game I'm playing, but it's still friends. I've only met total jerks when playing online with random gamers. I suppose I have met a few nice gamers as well, but I'm going to stick with friends nonetheless.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By angelkanarias

80 percent of the internet is powered by trolls, so yeah, friends are great. But sometimes you find awesome people online to play with, and it is very satisfying.

narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By narley
@MattBosten said:
"Friends, in the same room. Nothing beats a night in with a few beers and the latest edition of FIFA/PES. "

I've played throught those nights. They're great. And whats awesome, is that you can talk about how bad you beat some one the next day. 

Adding food to the mix is always good though. My last FIFA night came with beers and CARNE ASADA tacos. And a friend shared some wierd sauce he brought from ITALY. I dont remember what it was made of, but it tasted really good.
TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheGremp

With friends (same room): My friends are complete morons.  They have no clue how to play anything, making co-op impossible and vs modes way too easy.  They also annoy the crap out of me.  

With friends (online): I probably prefer this.  I usually send invites to sane people who seem to know what they're doing, and have some good times then.  Only problem is that it gets a bit repetitive in competitive games, as we quickly learn each other's strategy.  

With strangers: This is a tough one.  Most people online (especially on XBL) are pretty dumb.  Every now and then there's a person that puts up a good fight and isn't an idiot.  In that case, I send a request and play with them a bit.

noextralife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By noextralife

For me playing with people it has to be friends, being able to actually work with and talk to people you know is alot more fun than being the only guy trying to complete objectives/work as a team, however when it comes to competitive play I prefer to face strangers, mostly due to me knowing what to expect when playing friends, I enjoy the random skill levels you encounter when playing against strangers, and really when playing against friends they tend to be more mature and take defeat as part of the fun, and really where is the joy in that, its much more ammusing to send some jackass into a fury of homophobic and racist abuse just for shooting him in the face.

Overall though I enjoying playing with friends against strangers in a team based game.

P4KO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By P4KO

100% Friends

narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By narley
@NoExtraLife: 

What you say makes alot of sense. I can see why you enjoy gaming against strangers.

Also 

@TheGremp:

I had verry similar opinions regarding multiplayer gaming when I first started with online play and such. I still share a few of your opinions though.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By meteora

I predominately play with friends (all of whom are online), because it feels like I'm part of a social group. However this wouldn't be possible if I didn't play with strangers first. I rarely play with strangers nowadays and only add new friends through networking (a friend of a friend of mine). There are some pretty cool strangers but most are just idiots, annoying, making random noise, trash talkers or dumbasses on XBL.

Though in my opinion on PC platform I get trolled more often than not... at least sometimes on XBL someone else will tell the other guy to stfu instead of tagging along.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#27  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Definitely friends. You are awesome friends!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By AhmadMetallic

since i dont have friends, i only play online with strangers from across the globe..

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PureRok

People I'm acquainted with.

I won't say friends since I haven't had anyone I'd consider a friend for about nine years now.

JellyFish_Gsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By JellyFish_Gsus

I dont like playing online unless it is with friends

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By Pie

Strangers, most of my friends are not that good at games and as fun as beating them down continously is I like a challenge

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32  Edited By zyn

Friends.  You can easily have a laugh.  But I do play with friends of friends, who then become my friends (most of the time).

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#33  Edited By Lazyaza

Only multiplayer modes I exclusively play with friends is co-op, everything else I'm good either way.

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DCFGS3

Well considering a lot of my friends simply don't play the same the games as I do, it's always strangers. However I do love the occasional nights we hang out with the old N64 and hit up Smash Brothers with a few drinks....then we watch a LotR marathon.

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By izzygraze

Friendly strangers. Depends on the type of multiplayer game but I generally find a server with good people and play with the regulars. MMOs, I find a good guild. I find it tough to play online with my gaming friends. I'm so used to doing whatever I want online and it becomes kind of a drag having to stay online because we're playing a game or go to this server and that server because their latency is dropping.

JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By JB16

Friends easily, Left 4 Dead wouldn't have been half as fun for me if I wasn't goofing off with my friends in the game. Dieing on expert had never been so fun.

Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By Ramyun

Definitely friends, nothing like seeing the look on their faces and baggin them out BIG TIME when you beat them.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pause422

I dont really see how this is even a question, I thought it was a joke at first. No idea who wouldnt say friends though.

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By thecleric

Friends, unless it's a versus thing and I'm way better than the friend. I feel bad crushing them, sometimes I'll let them get in a punch or something.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Kohe321

Friends against strangers. Or better yet, if you have enough friends gathered to play one game, friends versus friends.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#41  Edited By Yummylee

Friends most definatley, playing with people you don't know doesn't have as much satisfaction to totally hand out some woop-assss to =P 

Plus going into matchmaking with team based modes is always a hassle with sometimes your entire team bein totally uncooperative or whatever, with people you know your assured to know how to play and whos best at which position and whatever.
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42  Edited By Kazona

People I know.. I think..

narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By narley
@pause422 said:
"I dont really see how this is even a question, I thought it was a joke at first. No idea who wouldnt say friends though. "

Lol. Maybe I should have started the post with KNOCK KNOCK
MasterMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MasterMind

friends strangers are always annoying and talk ish and say racist ish becuz u cant see them wich makes them pansies

belaraphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By belaraphon

friends for sure.  there is nothing better than a playing a  game with a few buddies and being able to talk about the high points afterwords.

tamerxero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By tamerxero

I don't like playing online with anybody BUT my friends.  With the amount of, for lack of a better term, idiots online, the chances of getting on a team with someone who's just going to try to kill you, or take your loot, or mess up your overall gameplan is high.  I don't need a Leroy Jenkins wannabe screwing up my game.  Besides, I play mostly co-op or fighting games online, so it's fun to go back and talk to friends about how great our plan went, or how bad I beat their ass the previous night.

Avatar image for nevereatnirnroot
NevereatNirnroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By NevereatNirnroot

some really poor games are somehow amazing when played drunk with friends. 

track and field anyone?
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#48  Edited By Claude

I like playing online with my Wii. So, strangers with no communication is the best.

narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By narley
@Claude said:
"I like playing online with my Wii. So, strangers with no communication is the best. "

Thats probably why I Enjoyed Halo on the PC so much. Because when i played it, no one had a head set, in fact, Im not sure if the game suports voice chat. 
Geting the other team's flag and runing back while the rest of your team covers you is so much fun. Even if you never agreed to do any of that.