GB member for years, first time premium

regmcfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Hey, so I have my birthday on Thursday (yay) and one of my friends, out of the blue, gifted me a year's membership to premium GB. awkwardly timed given there's a week free just gone up, but hey, I got a year.

So, I've been following GB since inception, and have seen all non-premium endurance runs etc and pretty much listened to every podcast at least twice (they keep me going when I'm walking around Tokyo).

However, if I am just coming in, what would be the best premium content for me to dip into? There's a wealth of UPF, for example, so if there's any stand out episodes, that'd be cool to know. I'm completely in on Steal My Sunshine due to my love of Mario / shitty rules for games, so that's covered. But if there's anything I should definitely see, please let me know. I've been pretty good at keeping up with best of giant bomb too.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mellotronrules
regmcfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my goodness I forgot about MGS. That's straight to the top of the pile. THANK YOU

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

There are a lot of these recommendation topics you can find but I'll throw a few out there...

Mario Party Party 5 - if you like watching people suffer (especially Jeff)

TNT Fortune Street - older but similar to Mario Party with less suffering

GBE Mega Date - this one is great and features Vinny, Alex, Abby, and Mary Kish

Demo Derby - this is one of the best

This is The Run - Vinny and Dan try to beat Contra

This is The Run - Vinny tries to beat Dan at Soulcalibur

Use qlcrew.com and search for Gang Beasts or just sort by Best Videos you'll find some good ones too. So many good UPFs too. Happy Birthday and enjoy!

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

PROJECT BEAST: Kerbal Space Program is amazing

regmcfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you folks so much

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I second project beast. I have no interest in kerbal, but that series was amazing.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Capum15
@hb said:

PROJECT BEAST: Kerbal Space Program is amazing

I third this motion. VINNY!

Load Our Last Souls (Vinny playing Dark Souls 1) and Giant Bomb: Unplugged were fantastic as well. Those were what got me to subscribe in the first place (well, that and finally having some extra money to toss at them).

Edit: Also the current Steal My Sunshine and The Exquisite Corps series are incredible.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Jeez, still 13 pages to go through in the Premium video category.

LostOddity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Second metal gear scanlon and Kerbal.

Also Breaking Brad Demon's Souls. I have no real interest in those games but that was a fun series.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3
deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

Random PC Game: Phantasmagoria is one of my favorite not-an-Endurance-Runs on the site. There's a great playthrough of the sequel as well.

Seconding this suggestion! I also recommend checking out all the other Random PC Game videos.

I really miss Dave...

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By clagnaught

Some of this is copied and pasted on another thread, but I am only including premium content:

• Mario Party Party: Do you hate yourself? Then how about a party. (This series has the highest highs and lowest lows. I can only recommend Mario Party 1, 2, and 5, unless you want to go all in)
  • This Is The Run: There are multiple videos for each game, but they are relatively short (especially in Giant Bomb terms). Right now there's Contra and Soulcalibur.
  • FMVinny: There's been some good FMV games on the site, like Contradiction: Spot the Liar! and Tender Loving Care.
  • MegaDates: I enjoy these in particular: 06/30/2017 and 05/12/2017.
  • UPF: Lately I catch UPFs as they are live or don't watch all of them, just because how everyone is 2 hours long. That said...take a look at the one from 10/21/2016.
  • Giant Bomb East have done a couple of play throughs I really love. They're older and all that, but I just really loved seeing these guys play Until Dawn and Life is Strange.

The other two I would add to this post are Metal Gear Scanlon and Murder Island. While it is a new series, I am also loving The Exquisite Corps.

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I wish we didn't have this thread every week

regmcfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry if it's spamming threads, but thank you for everyone patient enough to respond. I've been doing a lot of catch up on this is the run. SOUL CALIBUR!

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onlykris said:
@shagge said:

Random PC Game: Phantasmagoria is one of my favorite not-an-Endurance-Runs on the site. There's a great playthrough of the sequel as well.

Seconding this suggestion! I also recommend checking out all the other Random PC Game videos.

I really miss Dave...

I'm going to third this. I really enjoyed the Random PC Game videos with Dave, Vinny, and also Drew whenever he'd show up.

RIP Ynniv Humbleskeep, friend with the dragon and red head that looked like a hobbit that could slowfall up.

I'm also going to add Unplugged: Pathfinder.

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/giant-bomb-unplugged-pathfinder-part-01/2300-8028/

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Beast in the East mentions? For shame.

Avatar image for smackosynthesis
Smackosynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Scanlon, Breaking Brad Demons Souls, any Vinnyvania, all the current east coast stuff, and Murder Island. Lots of good stuff right now. Also Mario Party Party.

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to recommend the Bioforge playthrough. It's so dumb and great.

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Kyle

Mario Party Party and Metal Gear Scanlon are some of my all-time favorite Giant Bomb content.

I think Demo Derby is also premium and that's fantastic.

Backflips 'n Bioforge needs to be seen to be believed and The Olympic Games Olympiad was a fun, short Ryan series.

Honestly, just click on the 'Premium' category, start at the beginning and just go through, skipping over stuff that doesn't interest you. Can't really go wrong.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I have to say Bioforge and Phantasmagoria I and II are very underrated around here. Those are must watch.

Otherwise, Metal Gear Scanlon was great until V, Breaking Brad Demon's Souls was very good (and I think Demon's Souls is fantastic in general). A lot of good stuff.

cashbasket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're even remotely into Dark Souls, I highly recommend watching the "Load Our Last Souls" series. Hell, even if you're not into Dark Souls, it's still quite funny.

bryson_shaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I also just joined the bright side last month or so. Best choice I could of made. I watch it more than Netflix, so I would say I am pretty happy.

I have really liked Steal My Sunshine and Murder Island

I look forward to watching Metal Gear Scanlon and the Mario Party ones.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Dixavd
No Caption Provided

Happy Birthday @regmcfly

• One of my favourite UPFs is the 10/31/2014 Halloween stream partly because of all the amazing gifs that have spawned from it. What a joyous stream that was.
  • The most recent Blue Bombin': Mega Man 5 - Part 03 is amazing in its own right. Even if the series isn't your jam, definitely watch this episode (especially if you've enjoyed the Beastcast).
  • While not a series, there were a bunch of great Hitman videos last year with many of them being premium-only (if you're into seeing mostly Brad and Dan fumble their way through 2016's Hitman missions).

Have Fun (and a great Birthday) <3

regmcfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wanted to update everyone as to where I am two months in. Thank you again for all recommendations. I have now consumed all of This Is The Run (Soul Calibur was absolutely the best for me), and the full Blue Bombing - great stuff. Mario Party Party is also now done - I can feel their misery. However, my favourite so far has been Steal My Sunshine. I'm saving MGScanlon for Xmas, but just wanted to say thank you again to everyone for the awesome picks. Also that Halloween stream was amazing.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Oh gosh, there's just so much. I really envy new premium members these days. Glad to see people here have covered a lot of the good stuff.

Catlicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaff said:

Just wanted to point out what a gem this was. Seeing the early GBE crew getting hooked on what they expected to be an awful FMV game was awesome. Definitively on my top 5 of the site. I love our current GBE crew but it sure was fun to have Austin around.