• 146 results
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Nobody actually checks if I have made these threads each weekend, which is why they only happen whenever I remember... Which isn't often.

GIANT BOMB!!

(That's you!)

We want to hear about:

• What games you have been playing
  • What you liked and what you didn't
  • What you plan on playing this weekend

So Giant Bomb! What have you been playing?

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By samfo

What? Why?

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@SamFo said:

What? Why?

Perfect.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By samfo

I have been playing FarCry 2, because it was cheap on steam, it's cool

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By matoya

Playing:

Xenoblade Chronicles (A non American cast is fucking glorious)

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance A2

SMT: Strange Journey

I keep wanting to play Starcraft 2, but I just can't be arsed anymore, I don't realistically have the effort and time to put into it. Thank God GSL is free VODS for the weekend..

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By PillClinton

Deus Ex HR. I'm kinda disappointed. I don't like the map at all (can't set custom waypoints, unless you can and I'm just retarded, not enough identification on stuff), the "open world" aspects feel half baked, the voice acting is pretty much crap, item management is pretty annoying, and the slight whispers of RPG depth and customization just feel straight-up half-assed. I don't know, it's just not clicking with me and I feel like I'm kind of slogging through it. I do really love the art and overall design of the world, though. That aspect is very fully fleshed out.

Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Time_Lord

Age of Empires Online when my internet is working and bastion when it is not god I hate my internet at the moment.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By GunstarRed

I had a lapse in sanity and bought Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon after enjoying the trial. That game is far, far too hard to finish single player, Unfotunately everyone playing it online is a complete idiot. It's an OK dual stick shooter that repeats the same lines of dialogue over and over and over and over and over and over again.

If you can get past everyone online blindly charging into hordes of enemies, needing revived and then quitting out its a very, very, very, very easy S-Rank.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrKlorox

Alpha Protocol and Zelda 2. Both annoy me in different ways.

Anyone who has played either will understand completely.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By AhmadMetallic
  • Deus Ex - Wanna beat it before buying Human Revolution. I love it and everything it stands for in the PC scene, some of the best spy stealth action and level design I've ever seen
  • Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad beta - A WW2 Battlefield game, more or less, and you know how much i love Battlefield. It's a PC exclusive, has all the great things that BF3's multiplatform-ness caused it to lose.
  • Far Cry - I really dislike the AI, the stealth approach is not explained well, I keep getting spotted. Love the graphics and the setting (tropical island)
  • Garshasp: The Monster Slayer - Not bad for an Iranian hack n slash game, it's kinda shitty but I like it
  • The Longest Journey - Very interesting story, but I can't stand point & click games.. Here's hoping it grows on me
  • Oblivion - Still playing this, it will never end

This week i'm gonna be playing The Witcher 2 and Vampire: The Masquerade on my new PC. Also will still be playing all the games above, especially Oblivion and Deus Ex.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ShockD

The usual dose of StarCraft 2 plus The Witcher 2 and Deus Ex: HR. There wasn't anything I didn't like. ^^

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#12  Edited By SubwayD

Not wanting to abandon something that I paid good-ish money for, I'm dedicating this weekend to finishing off Hunted: The Demon Forge
Sure, as a game, it's not great but the characters are quite fun and the amount of T&A it has going on is only equalled by the levels of off-brand ork slaying.   

Once I'm finished with that, I'll move to Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Already put in about 8 hours into the game and I'm looking forward to getting back into it! 

On the side, I'm playing Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Been working my way though that that in bed for the last few nights and it seems really cute so far. 

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Tylea002

Constant Burnout Paradise.

Ooh yeah. Perfect for my new HDTV.

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#14  Edited By KillyDarko

Pretty much just Deus Ex: Human Revolution at this point. And I'm loving it!

Amducious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Amducious

Mass Effect (yes, the first one as I haven't had my 360 that long) on my second play-through before I start on Mass Effect 2.

Also played some F1 2010 which is okay, just lacking on some respects.

I intend to play Deux Ex HR which I have thanks to a pal of mine renting it out and passing it to me. (Nice guy)

I'm also going up the local shop to buy some crappy fatty foods to indulge with during my gaming time.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 23

#16  Edited By alistercat

Deus Ex. Gears of War 2, taking advantage of the XP bonus. This weekened's horde mode gives torque bows to wretches. Crazy.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By JoeyRavn

Finished AssBro on the 360, playing my way through Deus Ex: Human Revolution on the PC. I wanted to star L.A. Noire yesterday, but I had to download all the DLC I missed. When it was done, I didn't want to play anymore. I'll probably wait till I finish DX:HR to start it.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@AlisterCat said:

Deus Ex. Gears of War 2, taking advantage of the XP bonus. This weekened's horde mode gives torque bows to wretches. Crazy.

Wait, what?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#19  Edited By alistercat

@Sweep: did you not play last week's bonus weekend? I'll believe anything after that.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#20  Edited By BeachThunder
  • Dementium: The Ward - So far, it's pretty good, but I hate the lack of proper saving. Anyway, it has made me realise that touch controls are far better for FPSs than controllers, which makes me wonder why there aren't more handheld shooters.
  • Super Crate Box - Finally unlocked everything =D
  • Oh No! More Lemmings - I just started getting back into this. Every now and then I like to replay Lemmings/ONML.
dpedal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dpedal1

Started LA Noire.  Enjoying it.  Trying to just do a case a day to not burnout on it, as the structure is pretty much the same throughout.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I finally broke down and bought Human Revolution yesterday. I've been dying to play it and I had left over money on a store account that I was really saving for the Zelda special edition, but oh well. Really, really loving it so far.

I've also been playing Age of Empires Online semi regularly.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Capum15

I got back into Fallout 3 (heavily modded PC version), and that game is still incredibly awesome.

I've also played a fair bit of World in Conflict, and a small amount of Minecraft, AI War and Command and Conquer 3.

Mostly F3 and WiC though. Classes are taking up a ton of my time throughout the week, but we got this last Friday off so it made a four day weekend which is nice. I'm probably going to boot up GTA IV (maybe an episode) during the weekend (or The Saboteur/Saint's Row 2), and log more Minecraft and Fallout 3 time.

konradbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By konradbm

Medal of Honour (new one), Saints Row 2 and Metro 2033. Also Deus Ex: GOTY Edition intermittently.

Just finished Shadows of the Damned and am going back to play some games that I missed while I wait for Gears of War 3.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25  Edited By JTB123

Mainly Assassin's Creed brotherhood. Really liked the story and looking forward to seeing how that wraps up but the gameplay is really starting to show its age. It reminded me of when I played MK Armageddon for the first time, the mechanics feel so out-dated and I really hope they step them up for AC3.  

Some Vanquish also, what can I say, that game is still incredible. 

Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By Bobstar

Gears of War 2.

Because...GEARS OF WAR 2

Muerthoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Muerthoz

Just finished up White Knight Chronicles. I had beat the game before but earlier this year I started a new PSN account and the cleared game save was tied to the old account. Hopefully I've done enough to be ready for WKC II. Also, I've been playing some Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3. I only really know the characters from Gundam Wing and G Gundam but playing as some of the other characters has got me interested in watching some of the other Gundam shows.  

On the portable side of things, I started bringing my 3DS to work with me to play when there's nothing else going on. Currently I have Dragon Quest IX in it. Too bad people out here only play games on their phones. I've had my 3DS since launch and so far have 0 streetpass hits.  

I think my nephew might be coming over Saturday and since his birthday is coming up, I'll let him decide what we'll play. My guess is that he'll bring his copy of Black Ops with him but I'll try to steer him towards Borderlands so I can work on getting that platinum trophy again. 

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#28  Edited By SMTDante89

Most of the 3DS Ambassador Games and a little more of Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D. Brought a TV with me to college to play some console games, but the cable doesn't seem to be working for some reason and I can't get the thing to work. It was a (used) gift from friends of my mother so they didn't really explain a whole lot about it. Guess I'll be buying a TV with my first paycheck.

left4doof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By left4doof

Got started on Enslaved  . 
Picked Castle Crashers back up because of the pink knight .

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#30  Edited By kalmis

Been playing Rock of Ages and Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising on Xbox 360. Only couple of missions in on OF. Been playing so much BC2 that it was hard to get into this first. It is completely different shooter. Rock of Ages is simply awesome. Quite casual, but still lot's of fun.

On PC, I've started Fantasy Wars. A fine fantasy strategy from the Russian 1C. Just started this as well so no much to say. Other PC game I am playing is Six Gun Saga, but still on the learning phase with that one.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By kagato

Throughout the week ive been playing:

- Borderlands Game of the Year (Steam), it was on sale a few days ago for £5.00 so i bought myself a copy and gifted some of my friends so id have someone to hang out with ^_^

- Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii), A truely great game but the Wii is unfortunately in the living room which means i can only play after my girlfriend goes to bed so it limits my progress somewhat

- DC Universe Online (PC), Having a lot of fun with this title, especially since the Megaservers came in to effect. The Green Lantern Powers are due to go live next week so just hanging out and finishing up missions until then.

- Darksiders (360), I seriously need to get this finished in preperation for the second game on WiiU, its a fantastic game but ive been playing it on and off forever

- Ocarina of Time (3DS), I usually try to get around 40 mins in when im at work but it depends on how busy i am

iBePeRFeCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By iBePeRFeCT
  • League of Legends - Continuing my on going quest to become amazing at this game
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Loving it so far but due to my work schedule I haven't been able to play it much lately. Hopefully, that will change with the weekend.
  • Half-Life 2 - I won it in Vito_Raliffe's free game giveaway so I've been playing it.
DiscoGobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By DiscoGobbo

I'm mostly spinning my wheels, finishing off some games before the AAA autumn assault begins on Tuesday.

- Finished Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. The last 15% of the plot of that game is so ri-goddamn-diculous I'm still baffled 3 days later. It's the sort of twist where you make a long exasperated sigh and say, "What." to your DS. The puzzles had a similar arc, starting out fun then growing annoying at the end. Not hard, just the kind of puzzles where you either look for the stupid trick, or go through many minutes of mindless trial and error.

- Diablo II. Yo, this game's still good. I'll probably stop this weekend after finishing Act II on Nightmare difficulty. Probably.

- The usual World of Warcraft raiding. Our scrubby guild killed a new boss in Firelands. We also spent 10 minutes before a pull talking about Star Wars: The Old Republic. We have a couple folks in the beta. They're liking it a lot. There's definitely a general feeling of malaise in WoW, like the dead period before an expansion except that expansion is made by Bioware or ArenaNet.

- Started a new game of Chrono Trigger (PS1 port) last night because its Chrono Trigger and thus always worth my time. It's amazing how many of the little details come flooding back as you play an older game. Rescue the girl's cat, don't eat that "lunch" that looks like a trash bag, don't open those treasure chests because they'll be better 400 years later, etc.

Grimmy616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By Grimmy616

Darksiders. Decided to go back and finish that game. Only played 5 hours before stopping for whatever reason. Getting back into it was pretty easy so now I'm just going through dungeons and fightin monstas.

Madden 12. First Madden game since Madden 09. Playing through Superstar Mode again.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By foggel

Rock of Ages!

I ordered Deus Ex, but I haven't recieved it yet. The Chinese postal service is really ineffective, but considering what I've observed here in Shanghai so far I am not surprised.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#36  Edited By beard_of_zeus

I've been playing a fairly wide array of new and old during the week:

• Dark Void - Random, I know. I picked this up from Best Buy for $5 a month or two back, and just got around to playing through it. It's a pretty average game, enjoyable enough. The parts of the game where you are flying around with your sick ass jetpack are far more fun than the parts where you aren't. There's some neat ideas in there like the whole vertical cover system, fightin' baddies as you move vertically up or down the environment. And plus, I was able to enjoy the sweet dulcet tones of Nolan North for a few hours.
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - I picked up that Da Vinci Disappearance DLC on a whim, which sucked me back into that game pretty hard. It's more Assassin's Creed, so you already know whether you like that or not. I ended up playing a decent amount of the multiplayer as well with one of my friends from home; I forgot how fun that is!
  • Devil Survivor Overclocked - I missed the original Devil Survivor on the DS, so I picked up the 3DS incarnation, this being the only Shin Megami Tensei game I had not played yet (I believe). I really like this game, I was not expecting a strategy element to the battles; you move around on a grid like an SRPG, and then subsequently get into standard style battles once characters interact on the grid.
  • Rock of Ages - This game is hella crazy and fun! If you haven't watched the quick look, you should. I played through the whole story mode (which has bosses, by the way! crazy, i know.), and almost have gold on all the time trials (which is NOT easy, by the way). So far, I've been unable to find anyone to play online with as of yet, which is a bummer.
  • Serious Sam: Double D - Picked this up after watching the quick look yesterday; it's pretty much the dumb fun being advertised, which I'm totally cool with. Some of those challenge rooms separate from the main story are hard as fuck; most of them seem to require you killing 100 enemies of some sort with a certain gun loadout, usually while there's about a million dudes attacking you. I had not played a Serious Sam game before this (and this is more of a weird spinoff/re-imagining, so I don't know if it counts), but maybe that craziness is par for the course.
 And.....I think that's all! An interesting game smorgasbord this week for me.
laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By laserbolts

MvC 3 and Deus Ex HR. MvC is probably one of the nicest looking games I've played in quite a while. I like it since it feels much more easier to play than street fighter. Soon gonna hop into the online and get my ass handed to me. Deus ex is probably my runner up for GOTY so far behind portal. I just love the setting and Jensen just feels so badass.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#38  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

@Sweep said:

@AlisterCat said:

Wait, what?

Holy snapadoddles! I need to see that!

As for me I have only really been playing 3SO and a little bit of SSX3.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#39  Edited By Yummylee

Dante's Inferno, Lords of Shadow and Singularity. They're all pretty mediocre, imo. Singularity's the one I enjoyed the most, though I just wish it would end at this point.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Franstone

Sat down and finally finished the Mass Effect 2 and Starcraft 2 campaigns this week. 
Working on a list of games I haven't finished yet. 

Played a little Team Fortress 2 
Some Dirt 3 

Prob gonna finally finish Dragon Age 2 next. 
Then on to a few other RTS games I need to finish. 

Edit: Forgot, Ocarina 3D as well...

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mylifeforAiur
  • Obscure - I rented the game because I wanted to play something scary, but the game's not very frightening. The characters are obnoxious, the game's 'scary' atmosphere feels forced, the voice-acting is pretty grating, and the story is...well...bloody garbage.
Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42  Edited By Yanngc33

Super Stardust HD

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Yummylee
@mylifeforAiur said:

• Obscure - I rented the game because I wanted to play something scary, but the game's not very frightening. The characters are obnoxious, the game's 'scary' atmosphere feels forced, the voice-acting is pretty grating, and the story is...well...bloody garbage.
Ha, weird coincidence since I also tried that recently and pretty much gave the same response :P I was enamoured with the game because of all the reviews stated it was pretty similar to the old RE's... only real resemblance is the camera angles, though. =/ Oh and of course the whole ''searching for key items'' shlick, though the combat and story are way below anything RE has delivered.
TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#44  Edited By TehFlan

I was playing the Master Quest mode on Ocarina of Time until the 3DS ambassador thing hit. Now I'm playing the original Legend of Zelda. They're both pretty good games, obviously. I'll probably play more Zelda this weekend, maybe some Zelda 2 or Metroid.

Piranesi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Piranesi
Dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Dethfish

I've been playing Skate 3 and Red Dead Redemption for the past week.

Skate 3 is just more Skate. I think it does a few things worse than Skate 2 but overall it's pretty fun. The park creator is cool to mess around with once you figure it out. I like all the little jokes and nods in Skate 3 towards peoples problems with Skate 2. For example, Reda, the camera man from 2, tells the new guy for 3 not to talk too much because people don't like it.

Red Dead is a good game but it's just really hard for me to get that into it. I kind of hate the wild west setting so that is probably what's messing with me. Also, I fucking hate those cougars. I have literally died like 12 times from them while trying to do the knife challenge.

Because of the Fear Gauntlet I might start playing Dead Space 2 soon. It will be hard for me since I am a complete chicken shit when it comes to games/movies. It was hard for me to play Bioshock because I'm such a wuss.

apoptosis61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By apoptosis61

my GLORIOUS ambassador games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mylifeforAiur

@Abyssfull said:

@mylifeforAiur said:
Ha, weird coincidence since I also tried that recently and pretty much gave the same response :P I was enamoured with the game because of all the reviews stated it was pretty similar to the old RE's... only real resemblance is the camera angles, though. =/

Yeah, I was hoping that the game would be fun in co-op, but it's still rather unwieldy due to the fact that it's too easy for you to hurt your own companion whenever you're trying to defeat the various enemies. Eh, I'll keep playing through it, if only so I can delay playing SH3... I'm too scared to play it.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#49  Edited By mracoon  Moderator
@Sweep

@AlisterCat said:

Wait, what?

We stop playing for a week and they add all this crazy stuff.

As for what I've been playing, it's mostly DEHR and some random boggle clone for Android.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Yummylee
@mylifeforAiur said:

@Abyssfull said:

@mylifeforAiur said:
Ha, weird coincidence since I also tried that recently and pretty much gave the same response :P I was enamoured with the game because of all the reviews stated it was pretty similar to the old RE's... only real resemblance is the camera angles, though. =/

Yeah, I was hoping that the game would be fun in co-op, but it's still rather unwieldy due to the fact that it's too easy for you to hurt your own companion whenever you're trying to defeat the various enemies. Eh, I'll keep playing through it, if only so I can delay playing SH3... I'm too scared to play it.

Oh yeah, I think I killed that white bread gangsta fucknut by mistake soon after he joined the scooby gang... or maybe I subconsciously did on purpose! Whatever, I don't think I can share your amount of willpower with this. The combat is really rather lame, and like you said the story is terrible with no real draw to keep you going. The main characters I couldn't give a single shit for and I imagine if I play longer then they'll all ''accidentally'' move in the way of my cross-fire. The differing abilities between them is a joke, too, since most of them of nigh useless. If you're playing with a mate then maybe it isn't so completely unbearable. 

Honestly, though, I'd just say you skip straight to SH3 - fears be damned. B-) Brilliant game, and my own personal favourite across the entire lot.