• 145 results
Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By Sin4profit

I finished Deus Ex HR, great game, terrible boss fights.

I also finished The Ball. It's ok...just what i played while listening to podcasts.

Can't finish Frozen Synapse's single player as the level i'm on keeps crashing to desktop. That game's single player really wears out it's welcome and now that i'm at the end, technical failure is keeping me from finishing it.

Playing some AAAAaaAAaAA'er however the hell ya spell it...trying to unlock all the levels before i call it done.

Still dabbling in EYE and finding the campaign to be fairly weak.

As far as what i want to play...after watching Dave and Vinny messing around in Daggerfall i'm considering downloading the free version and possibly playing some of that if only to see if i can kill a single shrieking skeleton.

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#103  Edited By bonbolapti

Zelda II... finally.

VaiBeatFoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By VaiBeatFoo

gears of war 2 horde mode!

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#105  Edited By teptom

I've been playing Bastion for the past couple days. What a wonderful, wonderful little game that is. I was sorta worried I might not like it, but I'm having a difficult time coming up with any negatives so far.

shadystx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By shadystx

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, PC 

At first the game did not pull me in and I spent several days forcing myself to play it and only played an hour or so a night, But tonight I have just finished a seven hour play session from 10pm-5am, I did not even realise I had been playing it that long until I noticed it was 3am which is always a good sign. 

I am playing as a stealth/hacking character and that's definitely the best fit for my taste, I love Metal Gear games and really enjoy Splinter Cell games so that's been my approach for DE:HR, So far I am doing well, As always patients is the key with stealth games and that has paid off with lot's of ghost/smooth operator points although boss fights have been tough as I have yet to upgrade me armour, Just finished the picus level and that boss was a bitch(little advice for anyone not at that point, get mark and track 1.0 beforehand). 

Played a little bit of The Witcher 2, Had the game for quite awhile now and still have not got very far as I am trying to finish some shorter games before sinking mass hours into it. 

I have such a big back log of games I want to finish and time seems to have run out as new releases are on their way,

Avatar image for oppressivestink
OppressiveStink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By OppressiveStink

Been playing TF2 and Street Fighter 3 online.

I really like TF2 for just the regular ol' gameplay, but goddamn guns and hats have my brain wired. SF3 is good, but my skills have degraded something fierce.

I'm gonna play more TF2 and Street Fighter 3

noiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#108  Edited By noiz

Torchlight - Finally started this after buying it on a Steam sale probably a year and a half ago for $5. Figured I should probably play it before Diablo III or Torchlight 2 come out or I never will. Only been able to play about an hour so far but it seems to be as good as I've heard.

God of War Collection - Loved both of these on the PS2. It's great to be able to revisit them without them feeling really dated.

Might start X Men Origins: Wolverine as my next 360 game though I should probably finally play my copy of Black Ops before MW3 comes out.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#109  Edited By Nev

I recently beat Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I enjoyed the hell out of it, although I agree with what many folks have said; the boss fights were the worst parts of the game.

I am otherwise considering starting up either Bastion, LIMBO, or Dawn of War 2.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#110  Edited By Vexxan

Bought Torchlight last week so a lot of that have been going on. Also got the urge for racing the other day and Hydro Thunder Hurricane has been running warm as well, awesome to play online.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#111  Edited By guiseppe

Deus Ex: HR. Since I hadn't been following it that much before I bought it, I was pleasntly surprised. I loved the story and all the "mini-stories" you can find by hacking computers and reading those personal whatchamacallit. I went for a stealth based playthrough where I tried not to kill anyone. Little did I know that there was an achievement for not doing so, and unfortunately I killed a few people at the beginning. So I plan on playing through it again on the hardest difficulty, and if I'm not done with that by the weekend, I'll be playing that. If I am done with DE: HR, I'll probably be playing WET, which I recently bought for cheap.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#112  Edited By Jost1
afjkidd5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By afjkidd5

I've been playing Deus Ex: HR, Madden 12, and Final Fantasy Tactics in almost equal amounts. I was never good at FFT, so I'm trying to see if I can grind my way through it. I may play Dead Island when it comes out, but I'll definitely be playing Resistance 3.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I finished Obscure a few hours ago. The game itself is rather poor, but it is mercifully short (It barely cleared four-hour's worth of play-time.). As for what I'll be playing next, well, maybe I'll play through The Two Thrones.

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#115  Edited By Dimsey

Wrapped up Deus Ex: Human Revolution which I quite enjoyed.

Bought Arcania: Gothic 4 and Demons Souls over the weekend. I've just started playing the latter. I don't know what I'm doing! Fun!

Also bought Rock of Ages and played a little split-screen with my bro, which was great fun. Also played Back Breaker: Vengeance, Deadliest Warrior Legends, The Bigs 2 and Fight Night Champion while he was about. Lots of multiplayer goodness.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#116  Edited By vidiot
Conzed92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#117  Edited By Conzed92

Tried Half-Life: Blue Shift a few days ago...

And ditched it. I was never that much into Half-Life, and now as the game is heavily outdated and lacks the story of the original, I simply cannot find a reason to play on anymore.

Which is why I turned to FallOut:New Vegas.

And it is awsome! Very, very awsome. Especially when you got Boone's awsome spotter perk, and a dog that attacks everyone senselessly.

Gave up downloading Mass Effect from Steam, it's 10 GB!

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

Supes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Supes

Playing a bit of WOW with the free lvl 20 trial, never really got in to this MMO so wanted to take a peek. Really just waiting for SWTOR.

I am also playing The Witcher 1, about half way and really enjoying it. Picked up the sequel cheap on GOG, but pulling a Vinny and waiting to start that one.

Also my own copy of Deus Ex HR is in the post on the way to me, really looking forward to playing that one.

Also put in a little Borderlands yesterday for the first time in a longtime, still good fun.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#120  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@Supes said:

Playing a bit of WOW with the free lvl 20 trial, never really got in to this MMO so wanted to take a peek. Really just waiting for SWTOR.

How do those trial accounts work? Do you need to sign up for a new account? I already have a wow account with a bunch of level 80 characters on, can I go back and create a new char for free?

Daltonv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Daltonv

I'm playing Empire: Total War. So far,  I really like it,  but it has a huge learning curve. I'm about 30 hours in and i'm still learning things, witch is fine by me, but this game allows for a lot of annoyances for those who don't know how to play. For instance, if you don't know how to move armies around  the campaign map strategically when you are at war there can be  a hole bunch of annoying enemy units spread out raiding your town.  

Daltonv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Daltonv
@GullumF: I'm curious why are you playing it on another console now. Did you just want to play it again and had a 360 copy to try out?
Altagrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Altagrave

Been playing a lot of portable games lately.  Mainly RPGs though.

Order of Ecclesia - pretty darn good for a Castlevania game. Though, I don't like that it's a bunch of different locations rather than a huge map like previous ones.
DQIX - it certainly lives up to it's reputation.
Valkyria Chronicles 2 - I don't mind the school setting and the "slice-of-life" like story it's turning out to be and the gameplay's a decent transition from console.  Changing classes is the worst thing about this game though.

Avatar image for chaoskiller2000
Chaoskiller2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#124  Edited By Chaoskiller2000

I have been playing the 2nd Deathspank and actually just beat it today. I am going to start playing Shadows of the Damned and continue my adventure in White Knight Chronicles. I also may start LA Noire or just wait depends on my mood.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#125  Edited By Kyreo

League of Legends and MK9. I'm trying to beat the challenge tower. I main Mileena and i've always wanted the Flesh Pits costume.

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Dogma

I played Resistance 3 today but the same moment I wrote this I remembered that the embargo for this game is on monday so yeah...I can't say much about it. It biggest strenghts are still the cool weapons. It's not that good on set pieces (nothing really blew me away) and it's really the combat that is the interesting part.

I played Driver: San Francisco a bit last week. That car swapping ability is neat but I wonder if it will substain through the whole game. I dig the mini map that you can smoothly enlarge by a simple button press.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Ravenlight

Bastion with a side of Bastion. And a sprinkling of Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

As of yesterday, I have an S-Rank in both the PC and XBLA versions of Bastion. There are so many good things about this game, but I'm pretty burned out on it now. I had a great time finishing the Who Knows Wheres (arena mode) with all idols active; I thought these would suck balls, but with the proper loadout they were actually fun.

As for DX:HR (or is it DE:HR?) I'm halfway through by second playthrough. My first run through, I earned the Pacifist (don't kill anyone) and Foxiest of Hounds (don't set off any alarms) achievements and had a blast. This time, I'm just running and gunning and I feel like the game is a much weaker experience. That said, I'm enjoying the feel of using all the weapons. Except for the goddamn revolver; it sounds terrible. Anyone remember the awesome revolver sound for Perfect Dark on the N64? That is the standard to which all hand-cannons should be measured.

After I mop up all the cheevos in DX:HR, there's going to be a gaming drought that will be filled with Team Fortress 2 and maybe some Civ 5. During that time, I will be jonesing hard for Diablo 3 and Skyrim. Here's to hoping I can make it that long.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#128  Edited By Enigma777

Reach. That's about it.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#129  Edited By MightyDuck

I've gone back and have been playing a ton of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit.  I enjoyed the game last November, but I'm liking it even more now.  I've also played both the Madden 12 and NHL 12 demos quite a bit.  Awaiting both of those to purchase soon enough.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ
Oblivion, made a new character to get back into the game and play it properly instead of leaving it many months and rushing the main story. 
It's crazy how much people talk about Skyrim in Oblivion...
sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#131  Edited By sparklykiss

I played League of Legends, my 3DS freebies, and a bit of Catherine. Not sure of League of Legends is for me, but I enjoyed it for the most part. Looking to free up some time for Borderlands and Trenched soon. I've missed those.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#132  Edited By Tordah
  • Assassin's Creed - Beat this for the second time. This time was the 360 version so I also put in the effort to S-rank it. I'm never collecting flags again!
  • Deus Ex - This game sure is looong. I thought I would have time to finish it over the weekend but nope.
  • Alone In The Dark - As bad as this game might be, I feel it's a good starting point for my own personal "Fear Gauntlet". The controls in this game are by far the worst aspect of it.
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By swamplord666

this week mainly frozen synapse and red orchestra 2 beta. both absolutely awesome games!

What I enjoyed in FS is the methodical aspect to every map. Basically the equivalent of programming in what you would do in the skin of each player on the map as in go here, check corner, run across, duck and hold position looking over this area, etc. alot of fun and very different!

Red Orchestra 2 is a breath of fresh air. Alothough it's a bit buggy, The meticulous nature of it is great. Teaches you to move more slowly and observe the environment more. There will be moments where i'll be crawling for minutes on end trying to get to an objective without getting shot. Also holding a position and defending it successfully never felt so visceral. Much recommended to anyone willing to challenge themselves.

This week it's more RO2 and hopefully I can delve more into some Valkyria Chronicles, Super Meat Boy or the Darkness

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Tales of Vesperia - I bought this game recently because I suddenly and inexplicably had the desire to play a JRPG. I played it for a while and it reminded me why I used to love JRPGs, but I ended up putting it down for one reason or another. Anyway, a few days ago I picked it back up and was really enjoying it, but earlier today I lost 3+ hours of time because this game doesn't have autosave and was reminded that, despite wanting to love them, I FUCKING HATE JRPGs. 
  • Castle Crashers - The Behemoth released a Pink Knight DLC pack for free (they donated $1 for each of the first 50,000 downloads to some breast cancer charity) so I ended up playing through a lot of that game again with the Pink Knight. He/she shoots rainbows and stuffed penguins, so that was fun. 
  • Borderlands - A buddy of mine just got ahold of this game, so I'm having a blast playing through that again. (With a friend this time!)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution - And of course I've been playing Deus Ex. It has some seriously shitty bossfights and some other problems, but it's a really great game. 
TheWyotee93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#135  Edited By TheWyotee93

Team Fortress 2- Its a good game and i'm weak when it comes to resisting the possibility of what random drops i'm missing when i'm not playing. 
Deus Ex HR-liking it so far, but i hate having to take the same long route into certain buildings. It's good so far though

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#136  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Since I posted in the last one of these I've played more Mortal Kombat, played a very small amount of Age of Empires Online and started Toy Soldiers: Cold War.

• Mortal Kombat- On the negative side, I am a bit frustrated that you can't set up a straight one-on-one match against a bot outside of the story mode, challenges etc., I don't like that I'll have to buy an online pass and unlocking stuff in the Krypt feels like a bit of a slog punctuated by the annoyance of the Krypt monster. On the plus side, the characters and stages look great, the fighting feels great, it's still appropriately over-the-top and I've been surprised by how fast I've improved at the game, even if I'm still somewhat of a fighting game noob.
  • Age of Empires Online- I like that it's free-to-play and the general structure of the multiplayer seems very original. That being said I just didn't get a buzz out of the gameplay and I think the art style might be a bit cartoony even for my tastes.
  • Toy Soldiers: Cold War- Like the first Toy Soldiers it still has a pleasing balance between third-person shooting and tower defence-style strategy, but it's aesthetically more impressive (it certainly opens with quite a spectacle), the new units are great fun to control so far and the special powers have been a satisfying addition to the game. The game has a good sense of nostalgia and the military toybox come to life concept is still pretty cool, although WWI is maybe not my favourite theme. It kind of sucks that if you choose to repair or upgrade a unit you have to wait until it's done to sell it. The game also seems to be a bit about getting a sense of how the missions play out before you can get really good at them.
See you guys next week.
Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Gerhabio
Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Dead Space: Extraction on the PS3. Ugh... As a huge Dead Space fan it is a massive disappointment so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been trying to grind through the Challenge Tower on Mortal Kombat lately. Challenge 300 makes me want to hurt cute things.

Otherwise, I've been working on my first go-through of Deus Ex: Human Revolution little by little. I really like the game, but I feel a boss fight coming up, and the game's boss fights are more tedious than enjoyable, so I'm sort of putting it off.

Juno500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Juno500

I'm about 20 hours into Tales of Vesperia. It's enjoyable so far.

Allison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Allison

I booted up my Wii and played a couple hours of Monster Hunter Tri online.

There's still a surprising number of people that still play, coupled with just as many people who haven't burned through all of the (relatively limited) content. It's kind of nice to just pop in and kill some steel chinned lizards and water dragons without too much of an issue.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#142  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

A metric ton of Donkey Kong Country Returns. It's so damn good. I'm crazy about it.

I plan on playing some Disgaea 4 when it drops. Actually, scratch that - when Disgaea 4 hits, you'll see me become a complete and total recluse for about four months. It's been nice knowing you all. Send pizza, beer, and love.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#143  Edited By TomA

I'm playing alot of things. 

Red Orchestra 2 beta: Loving it, i can actually use tactics to win:) Need more people to play with btw, steam name:terrytate42 
LoL: As always 
TF2: Finally got some deus specs to complete my future mercenary sniper outfit. 
CS:S 
Machinarium 
a bit of LOTRO 
Ultima IV 
Quell on my ipod touch 

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#144  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

Alpha Protocol.

It is slowly spinning me down a drain of rpg despair/delight. Now I'm eyeing KOTOR and Morrowind just to get my oldschool fixes.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By fenixrevolution

Played and finished L.A. Noire. Feel kind of in the middle on the ending. Going through now for the collectibles.

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#146  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

Deus Ex 3, I'm not sure if it actually tracks how much time you have logged in it, but rest assured I'm getting my money's worth out of it! Also I'm still chipping away at my P3P save, who said the PSP was dead? So many good RPG's.

As soon as I finish those I have an unopened copy of Xenoblade which is just begging to be played.