Get the damn trailers off the main page

planetary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By planetary

They aren't news, they are rarely interesting, and they distract me from noticing when real content appears. Let's get an option to customize what shows up on our view of the main page of the site.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By EquitasInvictus

Well, Dave has been hard at work redesigning the entire site, so front page customization/trailer omission might be implemented there. You should probably ask Dave about it directly next time he has the live Radio Dave stream.

JohnnyAutoFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JohnnyAutoFire

I totally agree with this. Trailers don't really belong on the front page anyway, since Giant Bomb is more about original content.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

Usually the trailers are up because specific staff members are interested or excited about them. I prefer this to every trailer that comes out being put up.

planetary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By planetary

Asking Dave is a good idea. Regarding compromise, I wouldn't mind a small sidebar for links to trailers with captions by Alex. But a tweet-sized blurb off to the side is where I draw the line. Some 1m 30s marketing video taking the same space on the flippin' homepage as the next Dwarf Fortress installment is just crazy.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By bushpusherr

I would like for their to be an option for separating Giant Bomb original content from everything else, but I can recognize that they are doing tons of work to the site and that our minor annoyances shouldn't be their priority right now.

You could also do with sounding a bit less demanding.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Trailers are, I imagine, popular content, and no doubt some people watch them all with the same fervour that I devour QLs.

Click Videos and then pick your poison, that way everyone wins

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Humanity

I'd rather have everything rather than the weird categories the new GameTrailers site has implemented where I have to go searching for content.