Avatar image for thomassomething
ThomasSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi,

I recently got one of those $150 xbox consoles. When I went to pick a user name I tried to choose the one I had like 15 years ago and found that it was already taken. I did a couple web searches and found a picture of the avatar for the gamertag and noticed it was the one I made all those years ago.

I tried to recovery the password but the automated system is no help at all. I tried to reach a human to try and get his fixed and can't seem to find a number.

It was very nostalgic to find out that my old gamertag still exists and if there is anyway to recover my old account I would like to do so. Does anyone have any help or tips that could help be get someone at xbox? I would greatly appreciate any sage advise anyone has.

All the best.

-Tom

Avatar image for thomassomething
ThomasSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Finally was able to get someone on the phone. They were no helpful. However, I am stubborn and am not giving up hope quite yet.

HHAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@thomassomething

I had the EXACT SAME issue last month. Got an all-digital console for $120. Tried to recover gamertag that I had a decade ago to keep those achievements. Unfortunately, from what MS has said, there is no way you can recover that account unless you can access the email that was used to associate that gamertag. I unfortunately linked it my college email which no longer is valid .