Giant Beastcast: The Midlife Crisis (Episode 298)

atomicfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So the "midlife" crisis topic came up recently and I don't think I had any doubt I was already in this stage of life, but it really did confirm it. The last few years or so I got a little ebay crazy buying up some action figures to add to or complete collections. Taking some advice from Vinny I've paired down on some of the random collectables and figures I had and focused on basically two things (right now). Reinvesting in the obsession of my youth and collecting a bunch of TMNT figures, pretty much focusing on the turtles. And then getting a bunch of the Palisades Muppet Show figures. The Muppet figures came out when I was in college and had negative money so it's been great to find them again and in pretty great condition.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

This isn't the whole display, I actually need to get some better cabinets and unbox the 1990 movie TMNT figures. I also have a cabinet with a bunch of open Muppet figures and sets. These are just some that I decided not to open for now and hang up.

Anyone else out there going through crisis times or just building a collection?

Avatar image for davesavedtheday
davesavedtheday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Oooh, we a collection thread now?

These are my two shelves from May 2019. I have completely blown it up since then and put a couple of the displays (Spiderman, X-Men, those other randoms on the bototm shelves) into storage.

I've decided to focus my collection on Star Wars and that whole collection has grown significantly but I haven't taken updated photos.

I also can't stop doing Gunpla and building the Bandai Star Wars models.

But anyway, yeah. I absolutely love my midlife collection and my wife does too so. Eff it?

atomicfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Man Bebop was such a cool looking character in TMNT

L0stfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t know if it’s for sure mid life crisis, but I’ve played guitar for 15+ years owning one acoustic. I now have multiple electric guitars, two amps and way too much money in pedals.

So yeah probably me as well.

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've spent too much on Pokemon cards the past few months. Justifying it to myself that I'm doing it for my kids but I know in my heart that it's not entirely the truth.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

While we're on the subject, I've been looking for a nice kind of display case for something like Magic cards if anyone has any ideas for that. I have a bunch of old foil SWCCG cards that I wouldn't mind throwing up on the wall somewhere but a lot of the nicer ones are seemingly intended for graded cards (which I don't have) or just look, I dunno, kind of weird, or are just cheap pieces of crap with terrible reviews. I was curious if anyone had any recommendations for displays that might work for non-baseball cards?

atomicfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By atomicfox

@rorie: Not sure how many cards you'd like to display at a time but this company has some nice frame style displays. ProframeX

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

atomicfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Did you end up finding a good display option for your cards?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atomicfox: I wound up going with some of these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NZ6AZG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They're not great but they're ok!