Giant Bomb Documentary

Avatar image for lonelyspacepanda
LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 11

I recently watched the Kevin Smith documentary Clerk and it was a really emotion, wonderful experience. Before Giant Bomb and social media, Smith defined my perception of pop culture and humor. He was a consistent presence and influence when I was a way too young kid to watch his films and then teen. When I stopped listening to Smodcast and following Smith's career, is when I became a daily follower of GB.

All of this made me think a Giant Bomb documentary makes a lot of sense as there already is a storied history behind it. It feels like only a matter of time until it happens, it's just a matter of who and when. I wonder if Jeff has already been approached about it. There is countless footage to go through and, thankfully, all staff are still healthy and available to interview so it'd be a massive undertaking if done right. Of course, for us dedicated fans, we wouldn't learn anything that we don't already know. But that was also the case when I was watching the Clerk documentary: The value there was this realization of "wow, this dude really was a major presence in my life in a way I never really thought about". Makes me be grateful for things before they are gone. Just a thought.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Well, NoClip did an interview with Jeff awhile back. Not quite a documentary but he talks all about GB.

https://youtu.be/JPOvIhdRvQg

Avatar image for lonelyspacepanda
LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 11

I don't see how that's comparable to a real documentary that could go to theatres or at least play festivals. As for as podcasting goes, the 10th anniversary episode they did ticked some of these boxes as far as retrospective interviews from all then-staff-members. Not quite the same though.