Giant Bomb GotY 2019 Fantasy League Discussions

Fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 6

For any discussion about the Giant Bomb GotY 2019 Fantasy League.

Link to submissions page

Link to Current Draft Status

Link to Discord Channel

Current game scores are based on how many people have included the game in their list and the position that game is on their lists. This will of course be wiped once the GotY content starts but it's a good easy way to have a dynamic scoring system until then =D

Fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Fobwashed

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS NOVEMBER 23rd.

jsake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I should have listened to my gut and put Outer Wilds higher than 4 :'(

yyninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

I think this year is going to be tough to predict. There aren't many games that both the West and East crew talk positively about and I believe it's going to boil down to the games that are the least offensive like last year's pick, Tetris Effect.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there are quite a few safe choices this year that the majority of the staff were pretty positive on, I think everyone loves Apex Legends and everyone that's played Outer Wilds so far loves it, and then behind it you've got a lot of games that at least half the staff or more enjoyed a lot like RE2 and Control. Feel like there are a lot of great games from the beginning of the year that are going to get brushed over though, mainly Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown(which I think only Dan touched), Metro Exodus (which I think nobody really touched outside of the quick look), and Devil May Cry 5(which will probably get mentioned by Jason but then just devolve into remembering DMC: Devil May Cry).

Fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guest lists had a pretty significant impact last year and I think if they number as high as they did then, they'll probably bring a ton of points for games that may be a bit under the radar. I don't think too many people took advantage of the round actions last year neither so I'm gonna make them a little more significant this time around. Hopefully it'll give a bit more of an edge to people who're participating =]

cairnsay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This year seems especially difficult to predict where games may place in the staff list. Aside from being pretty sure Control and Outer Wilds being 1 and 2 (though not sure in which order), everything else seems like a crap shoot. For example, I wouldn't be surprised if you told me Luigi's Mansion was as high as 3, or as low as 9/10. Same with stuff like The Outer Worlds & Fallen Order.

dk3691

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Top 3 has gotta be Outer Wilds, Control, and Apex (in any order). Everything feels sort of all over the place with not a lot of consensus. Everyone seems to like Luigi's Mansion 3 but it being just another one of those might not even be enough to push it into the Top 10. Nobody beat Sekiro (except maybe Ben?). Seems like people like The Outer Worlds but have grown cooler on it as they get further through it. The fact that Fallen Order only got 3 stars makes me think they won't allow it to get particularly high, though I could see it making the Top 10 in some fashion. RE2 will probably get the consensus/nostalgia vote where it seems like everyone likes it enough for it to get into the Top 5.

Based on chatter on Twitter from some people who are likely to have guest lists, Outer Wilds is gonna be pushed even higher, and Disco Elysium might even get pushed into the Top 10 - lots of game devs, freelance writers and such talking about it.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gotta say, I feel pretty good about putting Tetris 99 on my list. I think it will be the dark horse that everyone overlooks.