• 57 results
clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By clstirens

Sorry to resurrect a thread, but Having just looked for such a feature, I do wish we had a "ignore this user" feature.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By toowalrus

@clstirens said:

Sorry to resurrect a thread, but Having just looked for such a feature, I do wish we had a "ignore this user" feature.

There are definitely times when users can seem like assholes, and there are definitely some users who I find so annoying that I just ignore their icons when I see them, but overall the Mods do a really great job at keeping people from making personal insults or being dicks just for the sake of being dicks. An ignore feature would just cause a ton of confusion, when people are replying to comments that are themselves replies, but you don't know that because you're ignoring the post they're replying to in the first place and... yeah, I'd do more harm than good.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By dungbootle

A 'hide post' feature at the very least would be nice

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By clstirens

@TooWalrus: You're probably right about the confusion part. And I agree, 99.9% of the time, the Mods sweep in and nuke the problem.

@dungbootle: Wouldn't be too terrible an idea, really. I don't necessarily know how useful it would really be vs. the amount of time the web team would need to implement it, though.

By that, I mean, if a single post (or maybe two to three) are bad enough to hide them, I generally just leave that topic, since they are isolated there anyways.

That being said, it would be nice to have a "block private messages from this user" in the case of private message abuse, though I suppose the mods would help with that if such a thing occurred.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have never really experienced a huge asshole here to be honest. That being said I do not see what it is not an option.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By ProfessorEss

If yer not seeing the assholes yer not really getting the full internet experience.

Leafhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#57  Edited By Leafhopper

I have built in ones.