Hey guys, I know a few of you were there for the first beta test of our new feature we're currently calling Giant Bomb Plays but if you weren't here's what it is:
It allows you (the chat) to control a game or part of a game yourselves just like Twitch Plays Pokemon but within GB chat!
Here's what it looks like:
In this screenshot chat is controlling the game Contradiction which is then being streamed on a second video player below GB Infinite. You can click any of the buttons in the play window and the most clicked button after 5 seconds will be executed.
We can allow users to press any key on the keyboard and we can vary the number of seconds between each keypress.
This can also work for games that the GB guys are playing themselves, we can allow chat to press certain keys in that game while someone else plays. For example, we could allow chat to change to a different weapon of their choosing every 30 seconds or so.
This feature can live in any chat, so it's not Infinite specific but it can run there as well.
So my question to you is, what other games do you think would work for this?
What games could chat play on their own?
- We would need to keep people in the game and not allow them to exit on their own (mods may be necessary)
- Game should be playable with just keyboard controls
- Game should not need fast timing because of stream delay
What games could chat play with the GB guys by controlling one or more aspect of the game (switching weapons, jumping, running, etc.)?
- Game should have a function that is controlled by keyboard that chat can control
- There should be multiple options, if there's just one then the chat will just do that every time.
- Do nothing can be an option if need be
- Macros are possible (eg. in hitman one option is change weapons which will press "I" -> "LEFT" -> "ENTER" in quick succession)
Keep in mind that this is just a dumb fun feature. We'll be playing around with it from time to time and it's just meant to be another possible tool in our toolbox of dumb fun stuff.
Let us know what you think!