spiketail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

https://www.giantbomb.com/survey

So, where did you hear about it?

I finally got to listen to this week's Bombcast where the crew mentioned a few times. Afterwords, checked the main page and didn't see any mention of it. Nothing in the forums, so made a thread. I guess info about it might of gone out on Twitter? And if that is the only place . . . kind of limiting who will see it. And from the tweet, it is closing tomorrow.

Gyratyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the reminder. It's weird that it didn't show up under the Words category or something.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

Thanks! I probably wouldn't have seen this. Although maybe they were limiting its reach on purpose.

fugoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's weird that you say twitter is kind of limiting when it's far and away their most active account where you see updates and news on what's happening. For a long time now actually. If you don't want a twitter that's fine and yeah a tiny little thing on the main page would be nice but ultimately between reddit, twitter, and the discord it's safe to assume y'all just need to keep up.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

@fugoy: some people are old okay? 😠

Not me, I'm unfortunately on Twitter all the time, y'all stay safe tho

AndersWarming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fugoy Yeah, theres plenty of people that - after a few years - only visit giantbomb.com.

I had the same little runaround as the other people here. But, it's kinda comforting, somethings stays the same ;)

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They have a main page but no will to use it. I found ot about the survey in the Sony State of Play. Gotta say, it's cool that they are doing it but most questions touched what I don't care about.

dwerkmd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a Discord notification about it.

All Systems Goku, Mahjong and Going Rogue, pls

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

I actually exclusively use Twitter because of Giant Bomb (I joined for updates on when TNT and the Happy Hour were starting), but apparently not enough to see this. I don't want to start using multiple services just for site news.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Some questions GB desperately need to ask in their surveys are: How/where do you find out about new & upcoming stuff for GB?, and: Do we do an adequate job of putting that info out there for you to find?

It's great that they ask us about programming/content but they continue to put their heads in the sand about messaging and communication.

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reading some of the comments on the locked thread is yet another reminder of how shitty some people are.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@whitegreyblack: I was hoping the staff where more aware of this and that it would be addressed a little better after they started doing that "programming schedule and show notes", but here i am getting info about a survey from a user in the forums who got it from twitter. Was this in the weekly newsletter? Also if i want to tell them how i think they can improve that programming schedule section, i have to tell them on twitter? The fact that there is no aggregator for all the site updates and is spread around various content on the site, and various social media accounts, makes it impossible to follow.

AndersWarming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Just a side note, before this derails completly. I understod on Rorie, that they want things on the frontpage - but, as of now, they lack the option to do so. Guessing theres been quite the technical toss up after the acquisition)

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@anderswarming: They recently made a new section on the frontpage called 'Just the facts'. A survey would fit on there nicely.

AndersWarming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onemanarmyy Yeah, you're right ofc. I understood it as a wish for a bigger rearrangement of the frontpage then what's already build into the cms. Expanding the use of "Upcoming" so it can handle what's right now another click away under "Programming schedule and show notes".

spiketail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the interest of timelines: 1st tweet (Oct 25 - I didn't know about); Bombcast (Oct 26) has the survey mentioned; The thank you tweet I linked (Oct 27 - Also says survey closing tomorrow [The 28th] but only found after looking for any other mention); The Sony State of Play (Oct 27) mentioned at beginning and end. Elsewhere maybe? dwerkmd says there was a Discord post about it.

@gyratyne@eccentrix Glad it was of use!

@fugoy And of the GB audience, what percentage use Twitter? On it, don't use it. Reddit? Why am I going to an outside site for site news? Instagram? On it, don't use it. Facebook? On it, see comment about Reddit. Discord? Myspace? Twitch? By using only a single point of social media to communicate that there is a survey up and ZERO mention on the main page or even the forums, that guarantees it is limited who it will reach when the entire point of the survey is to reach as much of the GB audience as possible. Even then, it will probably be a low percentage of folks who will complete the survey. At a minimum, it should of at least gone out to all duders who signed up for the newsletter.

One thing that I hope @jerf and @rorie can use is the info gleaned from this thread on how to do it better next time. Obviously, people who look in the forums and respond is a niche of a niche. But I have 2 response that they never saw/knew of it (Even though 1 of them use Twitter to keep up on GB news), a response that this thread was a nice reminder, a response that the tweets worked, a response that they heard about it from the Sony State of Play video, and a response that they saw a Discord notification. And 2nd, run the survey for at least a week. 3 days in the middle of the work week makes it far easier to set aside and think you will get to it later.

Personally, I did look all over the main page to see if there was any mention. I looked in the forums to see if there was any mention. Checked the Words section to see if there was any mention. Failing to find anything on the site, I looked on GB's Twitter for anything and found the thank you tweet which had a link to the survey page. After posting about the survey here on the forums, I even checked GB's Instagram to see if there was anything.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Usually sites push surveys on you. GB hides it behind a treasure hunt.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I put Nextlander on creators they should collaborate with, but it wasn't intended to be a dig or anything. I just think that would be cool.

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Done. I need Old Games show. Demo Derby and Game Tapes to return. New shows do nothing for me. As for a collab I said Matt Mcmuscles.

Prometheum5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I missed the survey and it's closed now. I'll just chime in to say I'm a long time premium subscriber and almost exclusively watching UPF some weeks and listening to the Bombcast every week and, that's about it? The new shows and diversification of the content are almost entirely misses for me and that bums me out. Would love to see more game content, Danny's show is the best of the new crop so far. Maybe there can actually be a game dev interview series by Janina like mentioned in the trailer vid instead of whatever strange non-joke Reel Layers is? The last thing in the world I am looking for GB to become is a general 'internet interests' site.