Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By archnite
"Ebony East"

Hi Duders!

I'm a recent product of the good old student debt factory - Art School! My time there was an incredible experience, where I thankfully was immersed in a diverse community of some of the best people I have met to this day. With interests and lives that broke me out of the stasis bubble I had been trapped in. But to my surprise there weren't very many people I could relate to about video games, despite being surrounded by creative nerds. That's were you all come in, and where this tribute piece comes from.

This website about "video games," its community, and extended family of personalities kept me buoyed to my passion to this medium. Helped me though some tough times in that way that only an anonymous group of weirdos on the internet can. During the last all-nighter, the final crunch, of the game I was developing as my capstone project; discovering the Quiet Man together kept me from breaking down complete. I feel like there is some kind of irony to that?

"Ivory West"

So then a short explanation on these things and then I'll be off. E3 is my favorite time of year, gamer Christmas and all that. Cool and crazy weapons are one of my favorite things in games. The artists that Bungie brings in to model weapons for Destiny have been an inspiration since the launch of that title, and is the kind of work I hope to be doing in my career. *Fingers crossed*

During the time I was working on these the ESA showed its whole ass and gun violence continued to be a problem in the US. I hope you can enjoy the references despite that. We got some of Dan's favorite the Red 9 from RE4, Lockdown padlocks, ect. Don't want this to turn into a rambling list.

If everything worked right, below should be an embed of the 3D model to gawk at your leisure. There are some fun Easter eggs hidden on there! (no embed - just a link)

https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/mauser-revolver-gb45-special-bede0945248549048384025c9a3e1be6#embed

Finally a little mock up these babies in Unreal Engine!

If you want to see even more: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/EVm2Qv

Sign Off, BYE.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nice work!