Giant ROM 2 - The Giant Bomb Game Jam returns!

• 156 results
RobRoyale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Hopefully I Can be done with the "gameplay" part of Tactical Space Fighting Operations: Ship Ball by 3pm so I can spend the rest of that time on art and some sound effects but here's a screenie to show how far i am

zandravandra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Willza92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright. I've got the joke portion of the game done. Now I just need to make the game part. Yay?

carpe_dmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By carpe_dmt

@Willza92 Hey, that's more progress than me. Good on ya

Tigerbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havochq said:

@tigerbot: oh CRAP audio! CRAP CRAP CRAP

I just got around to adding it, like 5 hours after posting that. Still need one more song and a couple of sounds effects, but it's so much better now with what I've got. Also there's only 6 hours left and even though I only have to do like 2 more things that doesn't feel like enough time.

Donuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Hopefully I Can be done with the "gameplay" part of Tactical Space Fighting Operations: Ship Ball by 3pm so I can spend the rest of that time on art and some sound effects but here's a screenie to show how far i am

Sweet art assets!

boatorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Willza92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Willza92

Ok, so my incredibly poor attempt can be found here. Big thanks @havochq for getting this thing together, I had so much fun doing this and I only wish the enjoyment I got from this stupid thing was reflected a little more in the final product. For a first ever video game, I am not going to lose too much sleep though. I can't wait to make my next game, something that is much more "playable!" :)

Can't wait to wake up tomorrow, get through my work day and then play everyone else's games! Cheers duders.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Tigerbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I surprised myself and submitted with 2 and a half hours to go! Here's the link to Metal Gear Ryckert (yeah I know it's the obvious name but whatever it works). It's a quick top down shooter that can get difficult real fast if you aren't careful. Plus it's got a stupid convoluted story!

It was a lot of fun working on this (once I figured out Construct anyway. It does some things in ways I would not expect things to be done). Can't wait to see what everyone else came up with!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

zandravandra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Made it! Every single time (well, both of them) it comes down to the last couple of hours. When I asked myself What Hideo Kojima Does Next, the answer was clear: he's probably going to chill on a Metal Gear Vacation.

No Caption Provided

Tigerbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently the fonts I used aren't working on other computers. Goddamnit.

mrflibble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Finally added my game. It's shorter then I'd like, it would've been longer but I had to cut something that wasn't working.

I did better coding this time I think, if I want to add more characters or attacks to the game it's really simple, the problem is making good art assets. Managed to add screen shake before I submitted at least.

No Caption Provided

TaunT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My submission is submitted and in the books! Happy to get a chance to do this since I couldn't manage it last year. Only regret is that I couldn't get animation character models done in time. Thanks for putting this jam together, it was a blast.

No Caption Provided

Donuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havochq: I'm impressed! I sleepily played through and was surprised how well put together it is.

zandravandra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donuts said:

@havochq: I'm impressed! I sleepily played through and was surprised how well put together it is.

Thank you! This was harder than I thought it'd be, which is getting to be a tradition with this game jam. Learning basic pathfinding and stealth mechanics was fun though! :D

Tigerbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I had to change every font to Arial, but Metal Gear Ryckert is actually good to go now!

This continued the tradition of every game I've ever worked on having horrible issues at the final hour. Maybe I should start finishing things earlier...Nah.

Donuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerbot: Got to wave 8 and died, no restart??? Noooooooo

RobRoyale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By RobRoyale
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Im done finally with Tactical Space Fighting Operations: Ship Ball but due to my work schedule i was only able to do the Multiplayer Version. Oh and yeah Controller only....its been a hard time finishing with so much going on but Im happy its done! Thanks for setting this up @havochq! I hope you duders out there with 2 Controllers and Such can give it a go!

Loading Video...

Tigerbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donuts:

@donuts said:

@tigerbot: Got to wave 8 and died, no restart??? Noooooooo

Nope! I figured it's a quick enough game and since it has some randomness to what upgrades the enemy gets I didn't want to have extra lives or anything. But I also tend to make games that are way harder than I think they'll be, so maybe I should have added more lives. Hmmm...

irony_iron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thurbleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havochq any problem with your awesome jam logo being the loading image for the game?

theflamingdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is done. Metal Gear Cardboard is finally finished... so exhausted... it's been a wild ride fellow duders! Really glad I jumped in this time around, a lot of fun (and pain) was had. Loving all the submissions, and thanks again to @havochq!

Now, time to slowly melt into a puddle...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

BigDaddyTool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Done just under the wire, here's Bomb VS. Beast: Rap Battle.

It's a 2 player rap battle simulator featuring really dumb looking versions of the guys. I hope you enjoy it.

zandravandra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thurbleton said:

@havochq any problem with your awesome jam logo being the loading image for the game?

Go for it! :D

Avatar image for deactivated-640b96c035b9b
deactivated-640b96c035b9b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just barely made it in. Caravella's Critical Crisis

"A game inside a game inside a flashback inside a podcast inside an alternate timeline."

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

zandravandra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm off to bed - goodnight and good luck to those who have 23 minutes left to submit! YOU CAN DO IT! :D

(But if you just barely miss the deadline, publish your game to itch.io anyway and DM me!)

thurbleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nice job @bigdaddytool and everyone else who got done on time (and anyone bold enough to try but didn't make it)

got my teams project in just in time too heh. "What Hideo Kojima Does Next" is themed after a children's book and viewed through the eyes of a child. not much "game-play" but i'm proud of it and glad I got to work with some cool duders.

Thanks to @dourin, @fattony12000, and @hypnotoadbrwowrowrow for being game to try this, @havochq for putting this on, and all the awesome people in the GBCommunity for making this an environment where we can do dumb crazy stuff like this : )

1Gorebash1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was literally a second away fully uploading before the the gate closed. Not that I was anywhere near finished mind you.

http://msb.itch.io/kojimas-day-out-

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

Got my submission in 6 minutes before the buzzer. Had to cut out a lot, but I think there's enough of the core concept there to show what I was aiming for.

I hereby present Kojima's Usher, an interactive story about watching movies.

sad_aust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By sad_aust

firewrkninja and I got our game in at the last second, hope people enjoy Battle Tetris Solid 5: The Phantom Kojima. http://itch.io/jam/giant-rom-2/rate/46197

firewrkninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yep. We truly got it in in the last 2 seconds, it says right on the page. Cutting it close. A little rough with the invisible abilities, but fully functional battle tetris gaiden gameplay, complete with three characters, Solid Scanlon, Dirty Dan Ryckert, and Hideo Kojima. In the options you can turn off magic for some regular ol' battle tetris-ing, or you can turn on rensa mode for the funsies. Here's an actually linked link. http://itch.io/jam/giant-rom-2/rate/46197

hermithomeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Oh no!!! I forgot about time zones! ;_;

b33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By b33
Tigerbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maniaccomet: That is legitimately great. I love everything about your game.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#135  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Ahhhh I can't wait to play everyone's games!

@thurbleton@fattony12000@dourin@havochq Great job guys! I'm proud of what we put together! I had a smile on my face throughout! Go, team, go! =D

Best Opening 2015 - Caravella's Crisis. Hot damn, is this a great game!

Jixashauser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Jixashauser

Great job everyone! Do we know if the crew will be playing the games this time as well?

EDIT: Oh yeah and here's my game "Hideo Kojima: Boxtraordinaire". It's a puzzle game in which Kojima has to create boxes.

https://itch.io/jam/giant-rom-2/rate/46279

No Caption Provided

gkozma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@jixashauser: I would also love to know if / when the Bombcrew will play this. Loved watching them last time, and I didn't even submit a game back then. I would truly love to see Vinny play Caravella's Critical Crisis...

Donuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gkozma: I'd also love to know this. Maybe the next UPF? If they're even set up for it that is

boatorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just went through all the games ...

Caravella's Critical Crisis was the best game, but Office Cleaner was my favorite. Metal Gear Cardboard was the best looking game, and Metal Gear Ryckert was the most fun to play. SolidScanlons gave me the biggest chuckle.

But really, everyone did great. I couldn't play about four of them at all, but I'm sure those were great too. :)

zandravandra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just wanted to say congratulations to everybody! :D I'm completely amazed by the submissions, and totally surprised that even with a more restrictive theme than last time, we got 24 games in - that's 20% more than the first Giant ROM! You folks rock! <3

Please remember to rate the submissions - once voting ends, fabulous prizes will be awarded! :D

Thank you so much for participating, and always remember: YOU ARE WONDERFUL <3

MillaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havochq: You rock. Props for hosting this crazy thing, and props to everyone who submitted. I enjoy watching the GB community get creative.

isomac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone has done some interesting looking games. I'll definitely go through them all this weekend!

RobRoyale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By RobRoyale

Am I the only one waiting with bated breath hoping they play all these on tomorrow's UPF? I mean I can't be right! Right?! .............right........

Tigerbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@robroyale: I'm hoping they do, but I'm also not really expecting it. I looked up when they did it last time and it was during the Big Live Live Show. It took them about an hour to go through fewer games, and that seems a little long for a single segment on UPF. But it is that weird time at the end of the year, so who knows.

RobRoyale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By RobRoyale

oh god @tigerbot darn you and your probably dead on logic......now im just blah...........lol

Donuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

finstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#147  Edited By finstern

Hey everyone, work got real in the lead up to christmas =( Didn't get a chance to work on it since my last update, so here's that build!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8sjkRhzPsQlWHdCQll4U0RVRVE/view?usp=sharing

WASD / Mouse = Move / Look

i = Unlock mouse and lock movement

Click = Toggle an object

+ / - = zoom in out (handy for the TriCaster screen)

Not much to do in it but I'm hoping to keep working on it over the holidays.

zandravandra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By zandravandra

@finstern: Cool! When it's done, put it up on itch.io if you can and let me know - I can add it to Giant ROM Zero, where I try to reunite as many out-of-jam GB games as possible! :D

Tigerbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In case anyone didn't watch UPF, I asked if there would be a livestream of the games and there definitely will be, but it sounds like it probably won't be until January.

zandravandra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerbot: Thank you so much! That's awesome news. ^^