GiantBomb Shipping Cost

MugsMugsMugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I bought 120$ worth of merchandise to our store but to my surprise the shipping cost almost the same amount I paid for my merchandise, Is there any other shipping courrier that would cost cheaper but same quality of service? I paid 62.04$ for that shipping service lmfao it broke my heart <3 But still. I ordered already hahah just sayin my opinion and feelings nothing to get mad fellas.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Was it all shipping or taxes too? For me shipping + taxes is indeed about a 50-100% increase in cost depending on the amount of items/weight.

Do you live very far away?

MugsMugsMugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: ahm yes its for the shipping fee only. :( Taxes is 0. I bought 7 items. :)

I think its far away, asia. LOL

EdgeKasey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

ha....no wonder.....not much you can do about that.

I imported a cd from japan and the shipping cost about as much as the cd lol

Same boat as you, except going the other way :)

MugsMugsMugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgekasey: I often order merchandise from other online shop, they don't charge too much.

maybe GB uses different courier. I commonly received package via USPS or DHL delivery.

they charge me low amount of money

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TehBuLL

wait...USPS is in Asia? Global world confuses me so much.

MugsMugsMugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tehbull: nah, USPS is in US. what I mean is those online shop that I shop into uses USPS as their courier of my ordered merchandise.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope you won't be customs-costed to hell afterwards as well !

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would LOVE some GB merch, but the cost of shipping is making me recoil hard. It's really depressing.

MugsMugsMugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@white: Yes, it is depressing but it gives joy and happiness when we have it already. ahaha

@lestephan: I experienced that before, I bought 300$ worth of merchandise somewhere but to my surprise my country's costums charge me almost same as the price of my item. I don't have any choice but to pay for it and claim those packages. then my local post office has some addition charges too. it stressed me out so much.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LeStephan

@beeemugs: yep me too, its the same here in the netherlands, bought a game from play asia a while back for 30 euros and had to pay 25 euros to customs, fucking ridiculous.

And I actually got a tshirt + premium subscription from the site some time ago and got charged for both by customs here! As if the subsciption was also a shipped item! Soooo that would've meant I had to pay like 50 euros to customs for a tshirt of 20 dollars I got for free with a subscription xD....I just went ahead and payed it as theres no fighting that bullshit.....BUT I actually got the money from my subscription back from Rory for the inconvenience which was beyond fucking awesome! I was planning on buying more merch but I just dont feel like spending that much money on the dutch government any more, especially as I've been fucked litterally every time I got a package from outside of europe the past year. Giantbomb can bet their asses they got a premium member for fucking life though!

Well, good luck anyways, hope customs will "miss" your package ;)

MugsMugsMugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lestephan: 25euros :O too big! </3

every time I decided to buy games. I prefer buying digital copy than a real one.

It's hassle free and it will be available asap.

Good luck to you also hehe

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lestephan: That's a European Union tax afaik. Everything coming from outside of the EU and is of a certain value (I think €22 or more if it's a commercial good and €45 or more if it's from person to person) is liable to get taxed.