GiantBomb WAS my homepage, I miss it

PureBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PureBacon

I feel as though in the last few months the general quality and quantity of Giant Bomb content has dropped off.

The community is amazing, we love games. The boys at Giant Bomb have recently been adopting too much apathy and general disinterest in seemingly everything that we hold dear. I know i'm not the only one, but I know and hope it will get better!

Yours forever,

The pure bacon.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

It's funny seeing each I Love Mondays and noting how they don't quite know what do do each week.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By falserelic

Like always time changes nothing lasts forever.

PureBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PureBacon

The apathy towards new games, old games, content creation and the industry in general is just bumming me out recently; it may just be me though - if so I am sorry, just wanna talk about it

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

It's been a long summer. Wait until the autumn and next spring for all the good games and the excitement to return.

I've enjoyed the last few months. Flight Club is the best.

Jimbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Jimbles

Even if they can't cover a game just bang out a half hour breaking brad or something - anything.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Brendan

Every summer the same threads get made. Its the slow season, not as many good games are coming out, see you around this time in 2013.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By falserelic

For me this year alot of games didn't interest me. Most of the games I played this year turnout to be a disappointment.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Baillie

The disinterest is making me cry.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By morrelloman

Could just be the Summer. No one is really that busy this time of year. Also nothing really coming out and E3 being more of a place holder than a newsmaker this year. I agree there could be more general content, but I mean they still pump out way more video then I could ever consume. It will pick up when new releases pick up. If you're dumb enough to watch X-play like I am you will notice they are just recylcing e-3 demos and other stories. I think it just the summer. Slow on news and even slower on releases. Even what would be a bright spot, the XBLA stuff, is shaping up to be pretty lackluster this year. Be patient.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Bocam

They might do something with Pokemon conquest this week. That's great?

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Akeldama

We are all apathetic to some extent right now. Between the crew more or less switching to PC gaming and the stagnation of the current console cycle, it is a pretty clear indicator that the guys are ready for something new and exciting. We all are.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CptBedlam

@Jimbles said:

Even if they can't cover a game just bang out a half about breaking brad or something - anything.

They did that recently. And then there was the snes tnt and additional snes subscriber content that I really liked. The flight club and dwarf fortress stuff was great as well.

But I know what you guys mean. It's kinda like that on every gaming site that I visit though. No great games are getting released these days and except for a few stupid scandals there's nothing going on in gaming right now. Not even this year's E3 was particularly interesting, save for two or three games.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By HadesTimes

Summer, Summer never changes... Once August and September hit things will get better. But considering this is something that happens every year. Perhaps some segments with older games that they haven't had time to cover during a busy season might not be a bad idea. But I'm sure they are doing all they can, with Patrick gone and being in a new building; I'm sure things are less than ideal. I've said it before, I'll say it again. Things will get better.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

@Brendan said:

Every summer the same threads get made. Its the slow season, not as many good games are coming out, see you around this time in 2013.

Summer? These threads are made every three months or so.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Phatmac

The fuck is wrong with you people? Why should they be excited about anything this week?? No games are coming out this week so there isn't much to be excited about. I also love that people know what they do on a daily basis as if they don't have meetings or other things to accomplish other than providing content on the site. I'm sorry you feel so disappointed with the GB crew, but I don't agree with this train of thought for a while. Lighten up guys, this has been a weak month for games and it should pick up soon.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bocam

@Phatmac said:

The fuck is wrong with you people? Why should they be excited about anything this week?? No games are coming out this week so there isn't much to be excited about. I also love that people know what they do on a daily basis as if they don't have meetings or other things to accomplish other than providing content on the site. I'm sorry you feel so disappointed with the GB crew, but I don't agree with this train of thought for a while. Lighten up guys, this has been a weak month for games and it should pick up soon.

@Brendan said:

Then they can play old games. They had QL Throwbacks for a reason.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CptBedlam

@Bocam said:

It's not really an old game but I wish Vinny would go back to Lords of Shadow and finish that game.

But yeah, I'd appreciate more classic gaming videos during these bleak summer times in videogaming. How about going back to Amiga or C64 games for a change? I suppose recording that stuff is an issue though...

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bocam

@CptBedlam said:

@Bocam said:

It's not really an old game but I wish Vinny would go back to Lords of Shadow and finish that game.

Is the ending worth it to slog through the last two levels?

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Jams

@Bocam said:

@Phatmac said:

@Brendan said:

I think the QL Throwbacks and the random games they play are more important than new releases. That's the special thing about GB that other sites usually don't have.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By toowalrus

Dave, Vinny and Drew are playing Dwarf Fortress. What more could you ask for?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By JJOR64

It's Summer time folks.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By casper_

over the past few months they have moved office and hardly any games of note have come out so i think the lull is understandable

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Again? Fuck. Stop complaining, if the "quality of the site went down" for you. Find a new one, starting a new topic and complaining never does anything positive. It only makes people leave sarcastic comments and makes them pissed at you. Having read some posts, apparently it's just me. Carry on.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kindgineer

@PureBacon: Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I feel that you are looking back at their "content" with the same rose-colored glasses gamers look back on retro-gaming. The quality really hasn't changed, but I will agree the consistency has. It's a niche site, as much as people like to think differently, about gaming which in it's own degree is a limited field. We want more content, but there is only so much that they can give before we feel they are just throwing content out just to appease us.

I am hoping that the degree of their situation with the lack of proper technology in their new studios is as dire as they claim. I feel that if it's true, we should see not only a boom in the quantity of content soon, but the quality as well.

Here's to hoping! Also, bacon.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vodun

@PureBacon: Name a new game which hey haven't done something about. Name one which you feel they missed out on. There's fucking nothing of any interest coming out this week and it's been the same the last couple of weeks. You can't get blood from a stone man.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By FreakAche

As someone who mostly comes here for the Bombcast and the forums, I'm usually relatively unaware of these apparent content droughts.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CL60

@Vodun said:

@PureBacon: Name a new game which hey haven't done something about. Name one which you feel they missed out on. There's fucking nothing of any interest coming out this week and it's been the same the last couple of weeks. You can't get blood from a stone man.

Pokemon Conquest. There is one. And there are more.(I even seen Pokemon Conquest on somebodies desk in an I love Mondays.)

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CptBedlam

@Bocam said:

@CptBedlam said:

@Bocam said:

Is the ending worth it to slog through the last two levels?

Yup, the last few levels are really short. The last one is literally just the final bossfight if I remember correctly.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jimbo

I haven't been paying much attention since the sell-out, but I don't think you can blame GiantBomb for the rut the whole industry is stuck in right now. Same people making the same shit over and over and over again. We've barely even been lucky enough to have that this year - 2012 has basically been a wash for gaming so far.

A decent secondish-tier game in the last couple of months would have cleaned up.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bocam

@Vodun said:

Pokemon Conquest, Never Dead, Ys Origin, and Revelations 2012

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This happens every once in a while, especially when there aren't that many interesting releases. And then these kinds of threads pop up.

I would love to see them just put in some random games and record them play some every now and then, of course it is kinda difficult since they don't have a large vault of games to fall back on (like the one GameInformer have, and uses for their Replay shows) - I could just imagine the glorious content Giant Bomb could bring if they had access to a vault of games like that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@zudthespud said:

Flight Club is the best.

I feel like that and the BombCast are the only things they have going right now though...

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Vodun

@CL60 said:

@Vodun said:

Pokemon Conquest. There is one. And there are more.(I even seen Pokemon Conquest on somebodies desk in an I love Mondays.)

No Caption Provided
Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bocam

@Village_Guy said:

This happens every once in a while, especially when there aren't that many interesting releases. And then these kinds of threads pop up.

I would love to see them just put in some random games and record them play some every now and then, of course it is kinda difficult since they don't have a large vault of games to fall back on (like the one GameInformer have, and uses for their Replay shows) - I could just imagine the glorious content Giant Bomb could bring if they had access to a vault of games like that.

Jeff has a lot of games

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By napalm

The quality isn't really down, it's just the content that's down... and it's been this way for the past three or four months. Not much content going up, not much original content going up that isn't related to a newly released game.

I'm sticking with Polygon, personally. They're pumping out a ton of original and awesome content.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By iamjohn
PureBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PureBacon

No need to be defensive guys. I love the bombcrew as much as I love games. This has nothing to do with a slow week the summer or the move. The air smelling of 'meh, why do this' is just a vibe that is fresh and unrelated to summer. Obviously people change but please don't derail by sticking up for seen disinterest in the focus of the site. There are other sites, but at one point. This was all any of us needed or wanted. The greatest take on video game journalism must continue because I love it. It just need fuel Injections of games they love. New or old. Fake or real. We need some God damn LOVE. No hate.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#39  Edited By KowalskiManDown

That's the thing, we will literally accept almost anything. Bust out another train simulator quick look, or I dunno... PLAY SLENDER! I would love to see the Bomb crew get the shit frightened out of them on camera. In fact, I'd say Slender would make for a good Breaking Brad.

WE ARE GIVING YOU IDEAS GUYS, PLEASE TAKE NOTE!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By fattony12000

Six player Baldur's Gate II co-op playthrough please.

Vinny

Dave

Drew

Brad

Rorie

Someone

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GreggD

The one sentence responses consisting of "Summer rut" are the best. They could easily jump back into Doom II for Breaking Brad, do some QL throwbacks, check out the new Flight "Alaskan Adventure" DLC, the list goes on...

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By ThePickle

I blame GameSpot and the lack of Matt Rorie.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By CL60

@Vodun said:

@CL60 said:

@Vodun said:

No Caption Provided

Good response. You really showed me.

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By C2C

I think it's just how dire this summer has been with new stuff. There are video features that I am surprised they have not gone back to, but I don't hold that against them as that gives me more time to work through some of my backlog.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By thatdutchguy

GB IS and allways be my homepage.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#46  Edited By sjschmidt93

Yeah, whatever. Having a videogame website as your homepage is stupid anyway. I enjoy "New Tab".

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Vodun

@CL60: Dude, they talked about it on the ILM. Ryan has it and will do something if they have time. Not that it's exactly a monumental release.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#48  Edited By RIDEBIRD

Summer

DaveC524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DaveC524

ENDURANCE RUN TIME! YAAAAAAAAAAA?

Samael2138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Samael2138

@DaveC524 said:

ENDURANCE RUN TIME! YAAAAAAAAAAA?

This.

I, personally, would watch another Persona 4 endurance run, just because that game is awesome!!!!!