Give points for reviews and guides but not images

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mushir

So this is something I was thinking about today.

I think that people should get points for reviews and definitely guides. They take a ton of time to write and also require knowledge of the game.

Also I think that getting points for images should be removed. Now at first 1 point per image may sound like a good idea. But when you can upload that image to multiple groups then the points you earn doubles. Also getting 90 points by just uploading images is super easy and fast. I know because I have done this. And now I feel kinda bad. I don't think I'v earned my points.

Please staff, think about this and consider adding these suggestions to the site.
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Endogene
Twilight said:
"So this is something I was thinking about today.
I think that people should get points for reviews and definitely guides. They take a ton of time to write and also require knowledge of the game.

Also I think that getting points for images should be removed. Now at first 1 point per image may sound like a good idea. But when you can upload that image to multiple groups then the points you earn doubles. Also getting 90 points by just uploading images is super easy and fast. I know because I have done this. And now I feel kinda bad. I don't think I'v earned my points.

Please staff, think about this and consider adding these suggestions to the site.
"
I just upped around 40 different box art images for virtually every street fighter game.
So no.
Also linking images is the goal of this site.

Wait a sec didnt this thread happen 10 a couple of days ago?
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By brukaoru
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DualReaver

Giving points for game reviews would be far worse than giving points for images.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By brukaoru
DualReaver said:
"Giving points for game reviews would be far worse then giving points for images."
Agreed with this. I don't think points should be given for user reviews, that will just make people review a bunch of games they never even played just for points (possible scenario I see happening). I don't see a problem with giving points for guides, though.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gizmo
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By kush
DualReaver said:
"Giving points for game reviews would be far worse than giving points for images."
This is exactly what I was going to say. They should only give points for reviews if it's a separate points system that means nothing besides showing how many reviews you've done etc.
Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Mushir