God of War Ragnarok camera bug

Thanador12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Has anyone run into a camera bug in the new God of War where the camera just moves for no reason? Last night the camera just spun and spun endlessly. I checked my controller. Did a fresh install and stared a new game and nothing has worked.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2 chaser324  Moderator

Haven't seen anything like this. It does sound more like a controller issue than a problem with the game.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS5? Cause that sounds like stick drift to me.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By AV_Gamer
@thanador12 said:

Has anyone run into a camera bug in the new God of War where the camera just moves for no reason? Last night the camera just spun and spun endlessly. I checked my controller. Did a fresh install and stared a new game and nothing has worked.

Believe when I tell you, your PS5 controller now has a stick drift issue. Welcome to the club. I had my original controller repaired within the warranty because of this, only for the backup controller I bought from Amazon to start drifting even earlier than the original one did. Even Jeff G said he went though a couple of PS5 controllers because of this. It's a wide spread issue, that isn't getting the attention it should. Possibly, because there aren't enough PS5s in enough homes yet. For both my controllers, it was the left stick, but it sounds like yours is the right stick, which is also a pain.

What worked for me was blowing into the sticks, but that's no longer working as well as it used to.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5 chaser324  Moderator

I will also say from some past experience, just because you don't see any drift issues in other games doesn't mean you don't have drift issues. Different games are setup with different stick deadzones. So, some games with larger deadzones may be fine while other games may have issues.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will also say from some past experience, just because you don't see any drift issues in other games doesn't mean you don't have drift issues. Different games are setup with different stick deadzones. So, some games with larger deadzones may be fine while other games may have issues.

This is such a simple answer to something that was driving me absolutely batty throughout my gaming life. I don't know why I never made that connection, but holy shit, thank you because now I feel like a part of me can rest knowing I'm not going crazy when one controller seems to drift sometimes and other times it doesn't.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Efesell

Yeah I had left stick drifting up and it went unnoticed for a while cause most ps5 games are adjusting for it and then I’d play something older it would go haywire.

You can hook it through PC and check how bad the drift might be to be certain though.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

For what it’s worth, I had this issue replaying the original God of War earlier this year as well as Forbidden West. I did a couple easy DIY things I saw online a couple times over a few days and it permanently solved the problem for me.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my bundled PS5 controller had drift within a year, so it happens. luckily the warranty replacement arrived within 3 days of shipping the faulty one out, so it was pretty painless all things considered (didn't even have to talk to a rep, just completed an online form)

TheyAreWrong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I literally made an account to take ur side on this. I love and I mean LOVE how ppl think they no so much and just no that ur controllers doing it nit the game when I can tell u that it is the game. I play plenty of other games fine. It started during the fight with the first half dear half person type enemy. I wonder if it started 4 u there 2. But there's tons of ppl talking about it and y there was a patch already. And not just that but the lock on system and camera r pretty fucked imo. I have found myself fighting ppl and not locking in on em because it's easier. Which is sad because the first game was perfect I think but these problems take this one down a point for me. Still like it so far but really fucked up that they changed shit up.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean it could be a wildly debilitating issue that all of the early reviews missed or it could have been a notoriously common defect with PS5 controllers.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

At the risk of assuming one’s nationality, I just want to commend “TheyAreWrong” for being one of the most American user names I’ve ever seen. Really captures it all.

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

a bit late to the party but i honestly never thought about this .. for as long back as the n64 and og xbox , and ps2 i've had random occurrences that seemed to act like stick drift that just seemed to be if i swapped to my 2nd controller it'd work fine n if i started getting issues on that it would work on the previous again ...other instances of the same controller it seemed like if i lifted the stick a bit n then clicked it back in sorta it seemed to work fine again also at times so i just figured there was some dust er something trapped in there ..... weird

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By AV_Gamer

For people claiming its a game bug issues (and it might be) and not stick drift, there is an easy way to find out. The OP claims its the camera constantly spinning, so all they needs to do is move the right stick, which usually controls the camera, and try to get it to stop. If successful, all they need to do is tap the center of the stick with their finger a couple of times, if the camera starts spinning by itself again without pushing the stick in a direction, it's stick drift.

But, If it is the game, the easy way for them to find out, is to reset the controller in the back, but don't push the PS button to turn it back on. If the camera is still spinning by itself, then it is the game. The game itself has been getting constant updates, hopefully one fixes the issue.