Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WrinklyDinosaur

Hey guys, just a quick question, can games bought on GOG be redeemed on Steam? If so, how? If not, can they be imported for easy game managament?

Thanks heaps

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

I only know of one game that is cross redeemable (Witcher 2) and only if you buy on Steam and redeem on GOG.

gloomytangent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By gloomytangent

@GloriousDinosaur: As far as I know, nope. Wish you could though.

You can take GoG games and add them as a non-steam game (under the games tab in Steam) to launch them from steam and use the overlay.

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WrinklyDinosaur

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1: @GloomyTangent: Thanks heaps guys :) Very helpful

dystonym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dystonym

The entire point of GOG is for their games to be DRM free, whereas the entire point of Steam is to be a form of DRM.

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Questionable

GoG.com would not know what to do with à serial key If it hit it in the face

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Questionable

You may want to check here for cheap steam content. And the witcher 2 code is also redeemable on GoG.com

http://www.g2play.net/store/Dark-Souls-Prepare-To-Die-Edition-English-Language-Steam-Key.html

epgpx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By epgpx

@Murdouken said:

The entire point of GOG is for their games to be DRM free, whereas the entire point of Steam is to be a form of DRM.

That is why GOG is better and gets all of my moneh!!

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Why would you ever want to redeem your GOG purchases on Steam? ?_?

Wouldn't that defeat the whole point of buying from GOG in the first place / end up being completely pointless? ._.

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Questionable

@WarlockEngineerMoreDakka said:

Why would you ever want to redeem your GOG purchases on Steam? ?_?

Wouldn't that defeat the whole point of buying from GOG in the first place / end up being completely pointless? ._.

Well personally if it were not for them offering exclusive games like Planescape:Torment i would have gladly kept my entire library on just steam. A long time ago it offered all the RPG classics like baldurs gate and whatnot for a bundle price, i bought everything they had on sale then and never went back.

Steam offers such great features like the cloud saves, automatic driver and update installs and being able to install games from a local application instead of being dependent of their website

Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see GoG having more new games, its a great DRM free service.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By M_Shini

The DRM thing is kinda irelevent for the most part for me since i'm always connected and its just nicer and more convenient to have it on steam with the overlay. And i can play most of my stuff in offline (aside from AC2 and maybe Dead rising 2?) if i really had to but i haven't had too in years.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Questionable: GoG games are not dependant on the website, that's the entire point of them being DRM free. Download the installers and keep them on a backup folder/CD.

I love Steam, but I'll never understand the attitude some people have of requiring every game to be on there, it's slowly destroying the biggest advantage of PC gaming and monopolizing the industry. Not to mention the constant whining from some about DRM ruining games, only for Steam to be praised as the second coming, is ridiculously hypocritical. Even if it's not intrusive, it's still DRM.

If you really want all of your games to be available in your Steam library, you can add them there anyway.