Going to be hosting a Mr. Shifty stream with a dev on Tuesday!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Let me know if you have any burning Mr. Shifty questions!

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

People have been clamoring for old shows to come back, so the return of Matt Rorie Plays Mr. Shifty should pacify them for a while.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I laughed about Rorie's Mr. Shifty fandom for awhile, but wound up loving it once I actually played it. One of those games that just feels great to play and doesn't outstay its welcome.

Aside from the clear influences like Hotline Miami and Nightcrawler's teleportation powers, where did the idea come from? I'm interested in the origins of Mr. Shifty and that cool-ass, silly name.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@csl316 said:

I laughed about Rorie's Mr. Shifty fandom for awhile, but wound up loving it once I actually played it. One of those games that just feels great to play and doesn't outstay its welcome.

Aside from the clear influences like Hotline Miami and Nightcrawler's teleportation powers, where did the idea come from? I'm interested in the origins of Mr. Shifty and that cool-ass, silly name.

great question! I'm definitely going to ask some of these!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Mr. Shifty is definitely one if those games that prove sometimes in games "simplicity is bliss." I wonder, in keeping with the simple and straightforward gameplay if there were any mechanics or gameplay ideas that hot axed or if the game's structure and design was set in stone right from the start.

Also, between this and the Mask of the Betrayer interview, maybe Rorie starts a seasonal video series where he talks to the designers of his favorite games.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yes!!! I've been with Rorie all along Mr Shifty is up there as one of the best of these types of games

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Mrs. Shifty, Seed of Shifty, and Son of Shifty when?