Gonna be a boring summer...

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By fishmicmuffin

So I am going to have 2 months this summer where I will not have access to good internet (so I won't be able to play games online) and anything other than a PC. I also will not be around anyone that I know. As such, I am going to be extremely bored. I was hoping someone here could suggest some good single player games that I could play to pass the time between the working hours and the sleeping hours. I'm open to just about any type of game, so feel free to suggest anything. My PC isn't the greatest either so I will not be playing games for the graphics.

The one series of games I like more than just about anything else is the Fire Emblem series. However, as I said, I'm open to anything. If you know about a good turn based strategy game on the PC though, let me know!

EDIT: I should probably mention that I do plan on going outside and doing stuff. I am going to be in Albuquerque though, so when it gets to be extremely hot I want the games as something to do while I relax indoors.

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By fishmicmuffin

So I am going to have 2 months this summer where I will not have access to good internet (so I won't be able to play games online) and anything other than a PC. I also will not be around anyone that I know. As such, I am going to be extremely bored. I was hoping someone here could suggest some good single player games that I could play to pass the time between the working hours and the sleeping hours. I'm open to just about any type of game, so feel free to suggest anything. My PC isn't the greatest either so I will not be playing games for the graphics.

The one series of games I like more than just about anything else is the Fire Emblem series. However, as I said, I'm open to anything. If you know about a good turn based strategy game on the PC though, let me know!

EDIT: I should probably mention that I do plan on going outside and doing stuff. I am going to be in Albuquerque though, so when it gets to be extremely hot I want the games as something to do while I relax indoors.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead

Playing video games in the summer is one of the worst things you can do. I often have flashbacks of the summer I had to spend renovating my grandma's house where all I did was play SSX 3 because I didn't know anyone in the area. Go outside; do stuff.

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By mesklinite

Go to a soccer field where you see people your age playing, ask if you can join in. You can substitute soccer for any sport!

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BraveToaster

Go outside and meet people.

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fishmicmuffin

I was planning on doing that as well, but I'm going to be in Albuquerque, so I was hoping to find some games to play on the days when it is too hot to do anything outside comfortably. I'm planning on playing tennis at a local club. But when it gets to be 100+ degrees, relaxing inside sounds pretty nice.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#6  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Download lengthy RPGs off Good Old Games. That, or X-COM off of steam (that's a good Turn Based Strategy Game)

Or you could, you know, go outside. I'm not going to, but you can.

shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shinigami420

Its gonna be the best summer ever!!

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By FesteringNeon

This should be the perfect excuse to head on out, and meet some ladies. :D You've not nothing to lose.

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fishmicmuffin

@bukkookkub: I have a girlfriend but she is going to be in California for the summer. So meeting ladies is out of the question =[

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cloudenvy

@HandsomeDead said:

Go outside; do stuff.

Haha, good one.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chrissedoff

civilization v alone should be enough to occupy two months. you'll be done playing and be like, "oh fuck it's october"

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FesteringNeon

@fishmicmuffin said:

@bukkookkub: I have a girlfriend but she is going to be in California for the summer. So meeting ladies is out of the question =[

If you think she's not looking to score a summer fling, think again! j/k

honestly though, get some phone numbers and keep them as back up. She doesn't need to know until she comes back with her awful story of how she met someone and...

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fishmicmuffin

@bukkookkub: That's not something I would do. Plus, I have no plans to come back to Albuquerque after this summer!

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TwoLines

Heh... go outside...

Inf225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Inf225

@fishmicmuffin: I live in abq, lets chill lol.

But seriously, theres a lot to do here, just go places lol.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FesteringNeon

@fishmicmuffin: You're probably right man. I don't know your situation and not all people are bad. Maybe you could learn the guitar instead, and write her a song?

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By fishmicmuffin

@Inf225: Any specific suggestions? Good places to eat/stuff to do... anything?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

play with your willy

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By Yanngc33

@Axxol said:

Go outside and meet people.

This. Go to summer camp. Too old for summer camp? Get a summer job at summer camp! it's an awesome place to meet people

christ0phe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By christ0phe

Oh christ, stop fucking telling him to go outside.  He didn't come here to hear your bullshit.  Don't post if you're not going to answer his questions. 

Maybe try Knight's of the Old Republic, Warcraft 3, Fallout 1 and 2?  Those are all decently long.  Or maybe try a Myst game, they are long and pretty challenging

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zeforgotten

@christ0phe said:

Oh christ, stop fucking telling him to go outside. He didn't come here to hear your bullshit. Don't post if you're not going to answer his questions. Maybe try Knight's of the Old Republic, Warcraft 3, Fallout 1 and 2? Those are all decently long. Or maybe try a Myst game, they are long and pretty challenging

Aw, but I like the "Go outside" answers, especially knowing who they're coming from, that's what makes it especially funny.

Anyways, to the OP, go with the Knights of the Old Republic games for sure, both of them if you can. The first one is great and the second isn't terrible. Sure you can tell that a lot of content had been cut from that game but people should be used to that by now, that's how Obsidian does things

Tanikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tanikaze

Play roguelikes. Download DoomRL, play it first. Then choose one of Crawl(Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup), Ancient Domains of Mystery, Nethack, and Angband and play the shit  out of it. I recommend Crawl because it has a tutorial. You will not beat these games this summer but you should give them a real shot. They grow on you the more you play.

Also try games from Paradox Interactive. They make really high level strategy games where stuff usually takes a looooong time.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By xMP44x

Read books and stuff? They might also do what you want by giving you some entertainment, and depending on their length and your reading speed they can last longer than some games. I'd suggest some cultural classics, such as Animal Farm, 1984, Atlas Shrugged, War and Peace, and so on and so forth, as well as The Road by Cormac McCarthy. It's meant to be brilliant. I have it but have not yet read it.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By Vinny_Says

S rank Fallout 3, should take you a good amount of time.

karatetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By karatetron

Do an obscene amount of drugs.

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By fishmicmuffin

@xMP44x said:

Read books and stuff? They might also do what you want by giving you some entertainment, and depending on their length and your reading speed they can last longer than some games. I'd suggest some cultural classics, such as Animal Farm, 1984, Atlas Shrugged, War and Peace, and so on and so forth, as well as The Road by Cormac McCarthy. It's meant to be brilliant. I have it but have not yet read it.

I have read The Road, it's awesome. Would definitely recommend it. The only one of those I haven't read is Atlas Shrugged, and I'll check it out for sure.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

All this pretentious "go outside" nonsense is making me sad. This is the forum of a gaming website people, do not deny your own nature!  

Anyway, get the fuck outside and meet new people you basement dwelling virgin, you.