Good co-pilot games? (AKA dating a non-gamer long-distance)

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Nubster

Hey y'all,

I recently connected with someone who doesn't play games. because of the whole encroaching ruin of human civilization-thing going on outside, we can't meet in person, but I'd still like to show her a little bit of what I'm in to. Does anyone have suggestions for games that are good to play with someone else as an audience participant? I'm hoping for something that's relatively light on gameplay but still engaging mentally. For comparison, games like Her Story or Return of the Obra Dinn would fit very well. Both are games that require no twitch inputs and don't steal concentration away, but are more focused on exploration and deduction.

Thanks in advance. :)

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

If you think they'd find it funny, maybe Contradiction? Maybe a Telltale game, as you could take care of the QTE's, but maybe not, as some of those choice timers are pretty quick. That's a hard one; I'd be interested to hear what you decide on, and what their experience was with it afterwards.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 86

#3  Edited By Savage

Life is Strange or Phoenix Wright.

management

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Persona 5 worked great for me in a similar situation. If you have a PS4 available I would highly recommend it.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Recently played through the fantastic Heaven's Vault and I'd think that'd work pretty well! If you're both down for something wilder, there's also the fantastic AI: The Somnium Files. If you eventually want to try something a bit more gameplay-oriented, Knights and Bikes is a wonderful co-op experience that should be pretty easy to pick up even for those with no gaming experience.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Old school Graphic adventures or turn based games are my suggestions. LucasArts, Later Alligator and Phoenix Wright are good options, as they are games that, for the most part, don't require constant attention and time sensitive decisions.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I think I'm going to go the route of an adventure game suggested here, where we can bounce off of each other and fill in the gaps with conversation.