• 72 results
mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Hey Bombers,

What do you guys plan to play this summer? It's a really dry release schedule, and I love to spend June and July dusting off games from the backlog and digging into some. Often I find myself get fixated on one or two games, though, like Minecraft or some sports title.

So what do you guys think you'll end up playing this summer?

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I'll probably replay Persona 3 or 4 if things get real dire this summer in terms of game releases

DiamondDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@mbradley1992: The lack of game releases usually results in me getting deep into a good strategy game. Last year was Europa Universalis 4, and Crusader Kings 2. This year, I'm straight down the rabbit hole with Football Manager 2014, or as I like to call it, Spreadsheets : The Game.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Diablo 3, Dark Souls 2, King of Fighters XIII, 2006, XI, Neogeo Battle Coliseum, Capcom vs SNK 2, Metro: Last Light, and whatever else comes out on PS+

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de
deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got waaaaaaaay too fucking much uncompleted games in my backlog, so I'll probably be playing those and whatever I'll buy during the summer (MK8, USFIV, Tomodachi Life, and maaaaaaaybeeeeee Watch Dogs, AC:NL, BlazBlue:CP, and P4A2,)

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Corevi

Murdered Soul Suspect and uhhhh some Diablo 3? Not much in terms of game releases this summer, especially not on PC. If things get really bad might import a copy of Kamen Rider Battride War 2.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By Zevvion

I never mind the summer drought. I always go outside. Swimming and whatnot. Also go on vacation. I might buy Borderlands 2 for Vita, so I have something fun to play during flights or rides. I do have some time to play regular games of course in the evening at times. But I still have Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein and Transistor to finish. After that, it's been at least a year since I played Mass Effect, so I might make my way through the third game again. By the time I'm done with that, I'm pretty sure summer will be over.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nasp

i will continue playing diablo 3,especially when reaper of souls comes to ps3.ill probly buy watch dogs and play that.i got a bunch of ps2 games to play again.as someone already mentioned the persona games,i still need to play persona 3 some more.i bought monster hunter for ps2,so that will take up alot of time.thats the main ones even though theres more ill probly play.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smite if you have a decent PC at all. It's a great 3rd person action MOBA and that's coming from someone who thinks other MOBAs are a bit boring. It's better if you can get some friends to play and it's free to play with a good business model.

ftrevelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ftrevelin

It'll be winter round here, so more reason to stay inside playing games! I want to start the season 2 of Walking Dead, I'll see what happened to Diablo 3 after the expansion, I´ll probably play through the Bioshock Infinite DLC, and maybe play through the main story again, loved that game... and also Starbound to scratch that Minecraft itch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're looking for a game with lots of content, Skyrim would be a great choice. If you're into open world RPGs. :-)

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

If you're looking for a game with lots of content, Skyrim would be a great choice. If you're into open world RPGs. :-)

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already sank waaaaaay too much time into it!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mbradley1992: How about Psychonauts? It's about a summer camp so it's a perfect summer game! :-) Also Beyond Good and Evil is awesome!

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

Animal Crossing took up a lot of my summer last year. I think Tomodachi Life might be a great slow burn too.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see myself playing Marvel Heroes and Civilization V on rainy weekends.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de
deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wewantsthering said:

@mbradley1992: How about Psychonauts? It's about a summer camp so it's a perfect summer game! :-)

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS *spontaneously combusts*

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm in the process of playing through Dragon Age: Origins for a second time and then plan to play some amount of Dragon Age II in preparation for Inquisition in the fall. Also intending to finally finish off Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed IV. Provided I actually find the time finish all those, considering my relatively busy work schedule, I'm going to try to play through Metal Gear Solid 3.

Also, DOTA. Lots and lots of DOTA.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steamrickroller: Here's a paper bag. Deep breathes. Deep breathes. lol It is a really amazing game though. I'm going to make my girlfriend play it this summer. :-) She loved the Jack and Daxter games so it's totally her thing.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I really want to see if I can figure out the controls for Vita Terraria and try to build some stuff in there. They're...non-intuitive, but I hear they're powerful when you figure them out.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I'm going to finally jump into the Final Fantasy XIV on the PS4. With no major releases on the horizon I can blow a lot of time in an MMO.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Season 2 of Guild Wars 2's Living World stuff is starting first of July so that might not be a bad choice.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheHT

Witcher 2, and maybe replay the Dragon Age games.

Besides those I've got a tooooooon of Steam backlog to get through. Far Cry 3, Hitman Absolution, Binary Domain, Darksiders 1 and 2, etc. Might replay Syndicate after Watch Dogs.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I'm playing through Final Fantasy XIII right now, and after I finish that game and decide if I like it or not, I have a handful of PS3 games that I'm catching up on now that I own that system (i.e. Metal Gear Solid 4, Demon's Souls). After those? I've been thinking about replaying Dragon Age and Dragon Age II.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will try to finish Sacrifice, and "Iron Brigade"... that's it for me

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I've got Batman Origins and maybe Brutal Legend on my plate, I guess? I'm old and summer is meaningless to me.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm planning on clearing out my new-gen backlog.

Killzone, Knack, NFS: Rivals, Assassin's Creed IV, Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein. Plus all the PS+ games and other smaller titles like Strider, Transistor.

There are still tons of last gen games in my backlog as well but I'm not going to focus on those and only play them when I get a really strong urge for one.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

My crystal ball sees me playing FarCry 3 again until Assassin's Creed 4 gets a heavy Steam discount.

...I think it also may be seeing a return to The Sabotuer again before 2015. I will beat that game someday, I'm sure of it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professoress: Tragically the Saboteur feels unfinished, despite a superb ending scene.

ftrevelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinboy630: Damn...I have no idea what you're talking about with this "living world" stuff, but you reminded me I bought GW2 long time ago and don't have to pay any monthly fee to go back to playing it, maybe I'll discover what you talking about instead of playing Diablo 3 (which would cost me the expansion). Thanks!

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31  Edited By Giantstalker

War Thunder is one of the best free to play wargames I've ever played, give it a shot if you like planes and/or tanks.

This is quickly becoming my go-to game, sinking easily an hour or more every day into it.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@shinboy630: Damn...I have no idea what you're talking about with this "living world" stuff, but you reminded me I bought GW2 long time ago and don't have to pay any monthly fee to go back to playing it, maybe I'll discover what you talking about instead of playing Diablo 3 (which would cost me the expansion). Thanks!

The "Living world" is basically their buzzword for their 2-week update cycle. Each of these updates forms part of large story arc in the style of a TV series. Season 1 finished up earlier this year and ended with the main hub city getting messed up and the introduction of the new "big bad" which everyone assumes will be the theme of Season 2.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm considering reinstalling the Mass Effect games & having a playthrough as FemShep, because I've never actually played her.

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'm really tempted to get back into The Witcher, though I may start a new game. The last time I played, I think I was just about ready to go into the first major city. Except I was hung up on fighting some monster in a crypt then had to put the game down for several months. From what I remember, I greatly enjoyed the game. The combat could be frustrating but, my god, the lore was so enthralling. Since I hadn't made it too far to begin with, I may just go ahead and restart.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was chatting with a 8 year old boy about Minecraft. I'm debating that, but I'm leaning more towards Boktai GBA or Odin Sphere rebought on PSN.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forkboy said:

I'm considering reinstalling the Mass Effect games & having a playthrough as FemShep, because I've never actually played her.

Wow you're missing out on the best Shepherd right there.

Games I'm playing over the winter, Dishonored, Watch Dogs, 2nd play through of Red Dead Redemption, Brothers and Batman Arkham Origins.

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just finished yet another playthrough of Fire Emblem: Awakening. I can't recommend it strongly enough if you have a 3DS and haven't tried it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

I really want to see if I can figure out the controls for Vita Terraria and try to build some stuff in there. They're...non-intuitive, but I hear they're powerful when you figure them out.

Loading Video...

The controls are probably fine, but this is one of my favourite Simpsons lines that no one remembers.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Definitely Lightning Returns, probably GTA IV and maybe Dark Souls again

plus a ton of accumulated funk in my Steam account. Probably a metric eff-ton of adventure games

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professoress: Tragically the Saboteur feels unfinished, despite a superb ending scene.

There's just something about it.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Putt Putt Goes to the Moon

Avatar image for klragrmndfvrarg
klragrmndfvrarg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By klragrmndfvrarg

Archeage seems cool, if that comes out before this summer, probably that. MMOs are always the biggest time sinks. Besides the price drops of recently released titles and the Steam Summer Sale will help me keep busy anyway.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

jump into a genre you wouldn't normally try. Grab like the top 3 games and go.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

It's lookin' like a Dark Souls 2, Watch_Dogs, and Wildstar Summer to me.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#45  Edited By LordAndrew

I will continue to do what I've been doing. I bought a PS3 in December and have a good number of games for it now, some of them collections of yet more games.

Some of them I can probably burn through fairly quickly, but others are lengthy RPGs.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, summer means I'd prefer to get something I can sink into a bit more. I've been meaning to pick up Banner Saga for a while, that's supposed to be fairly long, right?

Also considering finally taking a crack at Alpha Protocol, figure I can probably pick that up for cheaps these days.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#47 FinalDasa  Moderator

@markwahlberg: Alpha Protocol is fun. Really a good RPG with the depth you want but doesn't take itself too seriously.

I'm leaning towards Persona 4 or Witcher 2. Both of which have sat for too long on my shelf with little play time.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sports title, eh?

With The International coming up very soon, now is the a perfect time to jump face first into the brick wall that is Dota 2.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By splodge

Baldurs gate 2, Dungeon Keeper 2, warhammer 40k Dawn of War. These are the games I will go back to when I want to whittle away some hours.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to try and play those Witcher games.