Good Job Giantbomb Staff!

Avatar image for jediknight00719
jediknight00719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 7

In the past week there has been a lot of content, with Giantbomb west,giantbomb east and Giantbomb midwest churning out content. I am now having a really hard time running through all this content, there is soo much! But its a great problem to have.

Awesome job staff, really appreciate having new content always ready to watch.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By DarthOrange

Wipe that brown off your nose.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's been nice having Vinny back in more content again. His presence has been missed as of late.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If the last week is the norm, then everyone that bitched should be happy. There was a shit ton of quick looks, averaging at 40-60 minutes, along with all the other usual content.

The only thing I can think of now that would get me to definitely re subscribe is more premium content. I miss unprofessional fridays and power bombcast, but if there's another weekly premium show, I will do a year subscription.

HotelDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The past few weeks I had to ration which videos I would watch before bed because I didn't want to run out of GB videos to watch but I can see now that won't be a problem anymore.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giant bomb is basically my reason to keep living. So I am happy it's so badass again.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gosh! It's like, every week with these threads, man!

(I'm glad, too.)

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Yeah the content explosion is pretty wild.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If the last week is the norm, then everyone that bitched should be happy. There was a shit ton of quick looks, averaging at 40-60 minutes, along with all the other usual content.

The only thing I can think of now that would get me to definitely re subscribe is more premium content. I miss unprofessional fridays and power bombcast, but if there's another weekly premium show, I will do a year subscription.

If you're talking about the thread I think you're talking about, then yeah the main issue was with premium content not overall content. There definitely needs to be another weekly show, and I think the best thing is a lets play type thing. I think it's time @jeff did his own series similar to breaking brad, load our last souls, spelunkin with scoops, etc.

Achaemenid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I'm most exited about is the weird, new things appearing, like Danny teaching Drew FIFA, or Vinny's bot colony stream that was independent of the Quick Look. That's what I'm glad to see more of.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Yeah, it's been pretty awesome

yet in a week or two when there's only a couple videos going up for an extended period of time there'll be at least a few people proclaiming the site's on another downturn.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somedelicook said:

If you're talking about the thread I think you're talking about, then yeah the main issue was with premium content not overall content. There definitely needs to be another weekly show, and I think the best thing is a lets play type thing. I think it's time @jeff did his own series similar to breaking brad, load our last souls, spelunkin with scoops, etc.

I'm talking about in general over the past year, not specifically premium or anything. And it was true, we would get maybe 2 quick looks and then unpro fridays as far as video content. But from the looks of things, that's not how it will be anymore

Avatar image for deactivated-59f6ef1aee50b
deactivated-59f6ef1aee50b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just jumping in here too say i am also excited about the content overload! Entertaining to say the least. Thank you.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Yup!

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By MEATBALL

Things seem to be finally looking up. The last week has been awesome. The rest of the year could be amazing.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's pretty great, with the Tour de France Quick Look and Teach me Fifa. Looking forward to more such content.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's way too much content grumble grumble grumble...

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yeah, it's been great. Especially happy that they now seem to have enough capacity to start covering more niche/weird console games like One Piece and Tour de France again. I feel that those were the first to get dropped when they were swamped.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah i hope it lasts. Vinny seems happier on the east coast

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheHumanDove

I think its a bit sad actually. A year or two ago this amount of content would be the norm. It's been a long time coming

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I think its a bit sad actually. A year or two ago this amount of content would be the norm. It's been a long time coming

...and they're getting back on track. But sure, be completely negative about it. :|

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the past week there has been a lot of content, with Giantbomb west,giantbomb east and Giantbomb midwest churning out content. I am now having a really hard time running through all this content, there is soo much! But its a great problem to have.

Awesome job staff, really appreciate having new content always ready to watch.

Because of your display picture and the excitement you put into your post, I imagined the Objection theme playing in the background the whole time while reading it.

Darson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

At this rate there will be complaints that there is too much content coming out and subscribers will threaten to unsubscribe because there is too much equally free content.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatball said:

@thehumandove said:

...and they're getting back on track. But sure, be completely negative about it. :|

I'm just saying, it's crazy we're at the point where them producing the same amount of content as they used to is an amazing feat. I guess it's a bit negative, but don't get me wrong I'm happy about it

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

For the first time in forever I can genuinely say I can't wait for fall games season to hit. I'm more excited to watch duders play new games than I am to play them myself. MY HEART BELONGS TO GIANT BOMB.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not gonna lie, when we got a Monday Quick Look last week I knew things were changing for the better.

I can't wait until Giant BEAST gets more situated so they can really pump more stuff out. There was so much content last week I could barely keep up.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SomeDeliCook

I haven't kept up, is the East team going to be Vinny and Alex or will they add more staff?

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#content

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep been awesome struggling to keep up if I'm honest!

Karthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@somedelicook: I believe they've said they'd like to in the future, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

RadixNegative2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

What I'm most exited about is the weird, new things appearing, like Danny teaching Drew FIFA, or Vinny's bot colony stream that was independent of the Quick Look. That's what I'm glad to see more of.

This.

I'll never forget the first Random PC Game when Vinny and Dave just decided to play some Daggerfall or when they all played Dota 2 or those set of Pathfinder streams. It's great to have something that isn't yet another formulaic Quick Look or Unprofessional Fridays.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

It's ironic that the office in NY can actually get more done because there's less bureaucracy

slindz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The QL explosion has been awesome, so thanks GB for that, but the premium content seems to be a bit slow, anyone know what plans they have coming up for it?

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By development

Yeah there's straight-up too much content for me to consume right now, but that's great. I'm happy about that. I like to have choice, rather than taking what I can get.

@slindz Nothing specific, but after Vinny and Alex get their equipment and after Dan and Jason are totally comfortable I'm sure the Premium stuff will appear.

dablemont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yep, same here. I'm loving these bunch of quicklooks!

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

It's been one of the strongest weeks or so in a long time, Giant Beast killing it especially.

Also this weeks bombcast with Brad was fantastic listening, that Samantha Kalma should be on again sometime, she was awesome.

BelowStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BelowStupid

It really is a great relief to see the site returning to form after some really difficult times! Keep up the great work guys!!!

KimParnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It been great! I've been especially enjoying the Alex/Vinny QL's.. They work better together than i expected..

mageemagoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this amount of weekly content stays like this i will definitely be resubbin

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The only thing I can complain about is that I don't have the time to watch everything they produce.

There's also a more diverse lineup of content now, which is great.

SolongWrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was just thinking there must be a forum thread addressing this sensational amount of content. Things are looking beautiful. New things are showing up almost errday and I can't even watch all of them. I don't remember this being the case since, well, since Ryan was around, and this seems like a lot even compared to those times.

@darson said:

At this rate there will be complaints that there is too much content coming out and subscribers will threaten to unsubscribe because there is too much equally free content.

I remember there being complaints about over-long Quick Looks taking up too much of people's time, so I wouldn't put it past the Giant Bomb community to find something to bitch about in this situation.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BonOrbitz

Classic Jeff and Brad, enthusiastic Dan, comedy duo Vinny and Alex, Forum Justice Rorie, Newshound Scoops, and the UPF get-along gang have been knocking content outta the box! The steady drip has turned into a gushing flow and it feels great. I'm not complaining here, just suggesting, but I'd love to see more Encyclopedia Bombasticas and some simulator type games from Drew and Vinny. I find them so entertaining and educational, in a way.