Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Harkat

Yo

I'm extremely picky when it comes to let's play series. I think almost all of them are really boring or even cringeworthy. However, I fucking love the Deadly Premonition endurance run with Jeff and Vinny. I also liked gamegrumps' Sonic 2006 videos quiet a bit.

Can someone recommend something akin to those?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

pokecapn's posse LPs are really funny. It's four dudes and they've done every Sonic game from 06 to Generations, Final Fantasy 13-2, God Hand, Kingdom Hearts 2 and the Mario Party series.

Chip and Ironicus are fantastic as well. The editing is really slick and they've done over 20 games, including the entire MGS series (not just the numbered ones, but the MSX games, Rising and Peace Walker too), Uncharted 1-3, No More Heroes 1-2 and 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand. The first few are really rough though, I recommend starting with No More Heroes and skipping BG&E and Spiderman.

Men Drinkin Coffee are a group that specialize in bad games. They are notable for having a complete LP of Ride to Hell plus the DLC. They do all their recordings live on Twitch now.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By GERALTITUDE

GameInformer's Super Replays are really excellent I think, never mind oft featuring the talents of one Mr. Ryckert.

Their back-to-back playing of Resident Evil and the REmake for GC (both games in their entirety) is one of the greatest things on the internet. Basically it's 1 hour of RE, then 1 hour of REmake. Sorry, I have to keep spelling it like that :D

Not exactly Let's Plays but you may find something to enjoy there.

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

the achievement hunter guys GTA V lets plays are pretty funny

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I remember really liking the Twobestfriendsplays indigo prophecy(really any of the david cage games they did). I also liked their silent hill downpour and metal gear revengeance lps.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Harkat

@corevi said:

pokecapn's posse LPs are really funny. It's four dudes and they've done every Sonic game from 06 to Generations, Final Fantasy 13-2, God Hand, Kingdom Hearts 2 and the Mario Party series.

Chip and Ironicus are fantastic as well. The editing is really slick and they've done over 20 games, including the entire MGS series (including Rising and Peace Walker), Uncharted 1-3, No More Heroes 1-2 and 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand. The first few are really rough though, I recommend starting with No More Heroes and skipping BG&E and Spiderman.

Men Drinkin Coffee are a group that specialize in bad games. They are notable for having a complete LP of Ride to Hell plus the DLC. They do all their recordings live on Twitch now.

you came correct with this shit bro

many thanks i'll have a look at this!

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@harkat said:

@corevi said:

Chip and Ironicus are fantastic as well. The editing is really slick and they've done over 20 games, including the entire MGS series (including Rising and Peace Walker), Uncharted 1-3, No More Heroes 1-2 and 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand. The first few are really rough though, I recommend starting with No More Heroes and skipping BG&E and Spiderman.

you came correct with this shit bro

many thanks i'll have a look at this!

These are good I would also highly recommend KungFuJesus' play through of God Hand here.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I'm slightly biased since my brother runs it, but Rogue Ocean Gaming on the yew toobs is pretty great, especially their recent Rust videos.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Two Best Friends Play / Super Best Friends Play is one of my favorite groups, and I like a lot of the stuff the Achievement Hunter guys do.

enemylandlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Tipping Forties crew taught me how to enjoy watching people play games. They were also how I ended up getting into Giant Bomb. They've been inactive for a couple years now, but some of their LP's are absolute classics. Tales of Symphonia is probably the best place to start. The T40 podcast was also great. The back catalog for T40's stuff is pretty huge so if you get into it, it's a rabbit hole that can keep you going for quite a while.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Corevi
@enemylandlord said:

The Tipping Forties crew taught me how to enjoy watching people play games. They were also how I ended up getting into Giant Bomb. They've been inactive for a couple years now, but some of their LP's are absolute classics. Tales of Symphonia is probably the best place to start. The T40 podcast was also great. The back catalog for T40's stuff is pretty huge so if you get into it, it's a rabbit hole that can keep you going for quite a while.

If we're going to wax nostalgic about LP groups long gone then the Freelance Astronauts are number 1 on the list.

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harkat: I posted a very similar threads a few months ago, but specifically regarding D4. TwoBestFriendsPlay was one of the answers given, and I love them. They remind me a bit of giantbomb endurance runs. My favorite videos are the ones titles twobestfriends play, as they are with Matt and pat. There are 2 other folks (willie and leum) who are pretty good, but the gold is with Matt and pat. Like Ryan and jeff they just play off each other and compliment each other very well.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By nightriff

Uh the Persona 4 ER featuring Vinny and Jeff playing the greatest game ever made. The best content on the site period.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Loading Video...

DookieRope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: Oh god, the Kennedy bit in their let's play of Majora's Mask. I don't think I've laughed harder at anything on the Internet since.

Feathered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Retsupurae has a sonic 06 lp i think, people seem to like them. Runbutton is a duo I found a few years ago and they're pretty cool, they don't have many subs. They also did a thing where they played through every Sonic game ever made in chronological order, and it's a ridiculous playlist of like 300 videos or something, and I've seen most of them. And now they're doing the same thing with Mario.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Tipping Forties Mario Party stuff is pretty amazing:

Loading Video...

Poke Capn's one was alright though I think they marathoned it too hard or something.

Freelance Astronauts and Do it to it's group were pretty good as well but some of those videos are disappearing due to age/blip shittiness.

Supergreatfriend isn't a group but he's way better than absolutely everyone, so there's that.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Tippingforties is the only suggestion I had in mind to make and I see that's already been mentioned.

Datajack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would also suggest Two Best Friends play as well at either http://twobestfriendsplay.com/ or the main channel "The Sw1tcher" at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSw1tcher/featured

If possible hit some of the main long multi version game titles like Resident Evil, Metal Gear, Silent Hill, or even Dark Souls 2. Very entertaining and also incredibly knowledgeable about some of the weird minutia those families of games usually have.

They do periodical specials as well like the yearly "Shitstorm of Scariness" and "Godzilla Week", and also "Friday Night Fisticuffs" for various PvP titles (well versed in the fighting scene and anime for those interested). The only other content provider I'd maybe consider subscribing to other than Giantbomb for my current cable-tv cutting ways.

Personal Fav:

Best Friends Play I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL57hJfweW_2vnl3jTZcIEOTwxcwvLXqkc

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@enemylandlord: They don't LP anymore but they stream regularly on Hitbox, and Kuvo still does LPs with other people.

cocoonmoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cocoonmoon

Yahtzee's Let's Plays with his buddy are great.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GameInformer's Super Replays are really excellent I think, never mind oft featuring the talents of one Mr. Ryckert.

Their back-to-back playing of Resident Evil and the REmake for GC (both games in their entirety) is one of the greatest things on the internet. Basically it's 1 hour of RE, then 1 hour of REmake. Sorry, I have to keep spelling it like that :D

Not exactly Let's Plays but you may find something to enjoy there.

I'm watching the Overblood playthrough with ryckert and friends now, it's great

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should definitely watch Jeff and Vinny play Persona 4 if you haven't already.

enemylandlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By enemylandlord

@TechnoSyndrome: Yeah I didn't mention the streaming or Kuvos spin off LP's, too much sprawl to make for a quick recommendation but there's definitely quality stuff there as well. I fell off shortly before the move to hitbox, good to see that they've gotten things under a sort of unified banner again.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jerseyscum
Loading Video...

Yes, they are basically the Wayne and Garth of the Let's Play world. It's still hilarious.

(They're also huge Giant Bomb fans. Gotta give them some love here.)

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I can't recomend Chip and Ironicus enough. By far the best lets players out there. Super funny and informative at the same time without ever being annoying.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@enemylandlord: Yeah, I was just mentioning it because it wasn't clear if you were aware or not that they still do make content. Also this conversation made me go load up an old grab bag and it was pretty great. I miss their proper LPs too...

GnosisLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They aren't proper LPs, but I'd recommend watching some of Idle Thumbs' old Twitch streams. Probably ignore the Dota 2 streams and Chris Remo's Spelunky daily challenges. I especially recommend the Crusader Kings 2 videos where they are basically trying to learn how to play from the chat. That series finally convinced me to learn how to play that game.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For something more outside the general consensus here I'd recommend any number of Arumba/Shenryyr/Kailvin group LPs, bunch of elitist douchebags that are absurdly good at Paradox games (though not quite as good as they think). Arumba's forays into the Northernlion/Mathas universe are also worth a look.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's already been mentioned, but I'll go ahead and second Run Button. The chronological LP of every single Mario game (currently ongoing) has some really golden moments.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By confusedowl

Slowbeef and Diabetus's (Retsupurae) LP's of the Metroid Prime series, Dead to Rights, and Snatcher are fantastic. They are the ones that got me into watching Let's Play's in fact.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Highly recommend Two Best Friends play Silent Hill Downpour.

Personally, those are my favorite LP/video game internet dudes. Very very funny.

GnosisLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: I've spent the past 12 hours marathoning the Paradox mini campaign. I'm so glad they forgot about the Sunset Invasion.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnosislord: Ah the mighty aztecs (Nobody expects the Aztec Inqusition!). In another Arumba series showcasing a Game of Thrones CK2 mod Westeros is invaded by the Aztecs as well; they just show up wherever the hell they want to.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@jerseyscum: Made it half way through part three. I couldn't stop man I couldn't stop. I was busting out! I knew that game was bad... but that's just a whole nother level haha

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Anything and everything Retsupurae has done.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I subbed to the Best Friends YT channel but yet have to sit down and watch their videos.

As for myself, I'm a GameGrumps fan but I understand their humor isn't for everyone. Other than that I'm more of a streamer fan because streamers usually are just themselves instead of an internet persona and don't come over as forced.

My favorite streamer at the moment is Bikeman(http://www.twitch.tv/bikeman), He usually plays open world survival games and Korean MMO's like ArchAge and Day Z kind of genre's with some more known steam games on the side. He's a very funny dude and is hilarious when thrown in to MMO's and online survival games as he interacts with other players he meets. He's also very good at improv and being funny on the spot. He used to have a big Twitch Archive of his sessions but because of Twitch closing the door on licences songs he frequently uses he now uploads a couple of highlights to his YouTube channel. Seen here. I suggest checking out his facerig improv, his Day Z videos and his Archage sessions.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two Best Friends are the best YouTube LPers there are right now, IMO. Retsupurae are good but they do a very old-school type of Let's Play (as in, not actually playing) so I think they're sort of entertaining in a different way. There's also not much meat and potatoes LP content from them if you really look at the overall catalog.

Anyone who likes Lets Plays in the slightest should give TBF a try.

T_wester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ratamero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've tried watching twobestfriendsplay's LP of Ground Zeroes but jesus christ, these guys wouldn't stop talking A SINGLE SECOND. I wish more LPers would just stay quiet during cutscenes, or limit themselves to the eventual commentary of what's happening. Being funny is great, but I want to see the damn game.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I did one of those with Resident Evil 5: Check it out. I'm playing as Chris and Chris is playing as Sheva. Perhaps worth mentioning is that there's a lot of editing with camera changes and time cuts, because that's just how I roll.

mattscout007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'll echo the Super Best Friends, but also throw in one I haven't seen mentioned yet. He's a solo LPer, but supergreatfriend (https://www.youtube.com/user/supergreatfriend) is really good. He's much more low key than your typical LPer, but still very funny. He just started LPing D4 as a big Swery fan, but I'd also recommend his older stuff like Illbleed and Spy Fiction. His stream VODs are quite entertaining too.

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By falling_fast

check out the freelance astronauts. they stopped updating a while ago due to real life work getting in the way iirc, but there's lots of fun content

https://www.youtube.com/user/SAMaxwellAdams

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By falling_fast

edit: you know what would be cool? if these forums didn't take like twenty minutes to show yr posts after you make them

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You already mentioned them but I used to enjoy Game Grumps quite a bit. Their run of Goof Troop, and Banjo-Kazooie were pretty enjoyable. I'm also a big fan of their Kirby Super Star run even though the start of the Milky Way Wishes run was rage inducing.

Other than that, I'm not much of a "Let's Play" watcher.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Corevi
@erickmartins said:

I've tried watching twobestfriendsplay's LP of Ground Zeroes but jesus christ, these guys wouldn't stop talking A SINGLE SECOND. I wish more LPers would just stay quiet during cutscenes, or limit themselves to the eventual commentary of what's happening. Being funny is great, but I want to see the damn game.

I highly recommend you check out Chip and Ironicus then. They do two versions of every video, one where they don't talk over cutscenes and one where they do. They've done every Metal Gear game but not Gound Zeroes as it's going to be part of the full MGS5 LP.

ratamero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: I guess part of my rant against that Ground Zeroes LP is that I've just finished watching Chip and Ironicus' Peace Walker LP, and it's really, really good.

billymaysrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By billymaysrip

@corevi: Are you me? Because Chip and Ironicus and MDC are the only LP groups I still follow. It's a shame seeing MDC getting pushed out of SA and the weird drama around LPs on SA, but as long as I stick to the peripheries and enjoy the content, things will be good.

@erickmartins: Could you believe that a lot of people disliked that LP just because of Snarkcookie? Internet people can be weird sometimes. I really wish that Dan and Drew follow the same format as Chip and just play the HD remastered version of Peace Walker co-op. It's so much dumb fun.