Got me Demon's Souls.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By kaos_cracker

so i purchased this yesterday after reading some reviews about it and learned that its a great game but crazy hard. But still having PSN down, could be kinda bad. Since PSN is down, should i wait for it to come back so i'll be able to read notes and things left by other players or should i just get started now?

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By SMTDante89

If you play online (when PSN is back online) people can invade your world to fight you (though they'll be within ten levels of your character's level).  Since you're new to the game, I would probably go ahead and start now to get used to the controls and gameplay.  However, people can't invade your world until you finish the first level (not the tutorial) so, it's your call.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Enigma777

Play as much as you can now before you start getting raped by black phantoms. 

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By LordXavierBritish
@Enigma777 said:
" Play as much as you can now before you start getting raped by black phantoms.  "
I've never been invaded by a Black Phantom.

Ever.

I don't know why.
AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By AlexW00d
@LordXavierBritish said:
" @Enigma777 said:
" Play as much as you can now before you start getting raped by black phantoms.  "

Ever.

I don't know why.
"
I have, once, I won :D

But nah man, play it now as much as you can. I think a lot of people play offline anyway so they can do the World Tendency stuff, although I'd say don't do that on your first run through.
Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Enigma777
@LordXavierBritish said:
" @Enigma777 said:

Ever.

I don't know why.
"
They only invade cool people's games. :P
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By ProfessorEss

Good luck brave adventurer.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee
@LordXavierBritish said:
" @Enigma777 said:

Ever.

I don't know why.
"
It happens considerably more frequently in the New Game+'ssssss.
kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kaos_cracker

Is there still an online community with this game too? i just thought i'm really late for this game

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Grissefar

It's not a HUGE difference but playing online makes it a little bit easier your first time through since notes will guide you a bit.

Just take it easy and you should be fine offline.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Godspeed. 

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By onarum

I think that for a new player the benefit of death marks and notes far surpass the danger of black phantoms.

Besides, you can only get invaded if you're alive, not in soul form, which is what you'll spend most of your time on I assure you ;)

You find pretty early in the game a ring which gives you more HP while in soul form, and you also do more damage in soul form by default.

Stray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Stray

Playing offline is still pretty solid. The only downside I see outside of playing with friends or asking for help is not getting messages from other players. Some are really helpful.
Usually I play offline anyway. I don't enjoy the PvP part of the game because my PvP loadout is different than my normal loadout. And since I dont want to carry tons of extra gear a weak char anyway, its just a headache having someone enter your game and every time you beat a boss.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By BraveToaster

Now is the best time to level up, so you're better prepared when you're invaded.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kaos_cracker
@onarum: thanks for the tip
luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By luce

I play my first playthrough solo so you should be good.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By CL60
@LordXavierBritish said:
" @Enigma777 said:

Ever.

I don't know why.
"
Were you playing most of the game dead? That's what I did, I got the ring that gave you the majority of your health when you were dead and just played like that, because nobody can invade you, plus I still get all of the blood spots and messages. Which are incredibly helpful.
powerpc127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By powerpc127

If you can play alright with PSN down, then you'll be able to dominate when PSN gets back. I'd say go for it. If you get angry, shelve it for a bit until PSN is back.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

@CL60 said:
" @LordXavierBritish said:
" @Enigma777 said:

Ever.

I don't know why.
"
Were you playing most of the game dead? That's what I did, I got the ring that gave you the majority of your health when you were dead and just played like that, because nobody can invade you, plus I still get all of the blood spots and messages. Which are incredibly helpful. "
I actually played a good deal of the game alive. The first time I got my body back I was extremely careful not to lose it again, and when I did lose it I took it as an opportunity to go help someone else rather than just going off and adventuring on my own. I actually beat most of the bosses encounters both as and with the aide of a Blue Phantom.

I haven't put that many hour in yet, but I spent a solid amount of time with it and was alive for at least half of that.
Stray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Stray

Playing through the game in soul form kinda sucks if you're a pure mage. You don't really want to use any rings besides the ring of magical sharpness, and thief's ring so you don't get OHKO'd constantly. The extra health really helps through the game until you get second chance and warding which is quite a while unless you're cheating.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By onarum
@Stray said:
" Playing through the game in soul form kinda sucks if you're a pure mage. You don't really want to use any rings besides the ring of magical sharpness, and thief's ring so you don't get OHKO'd constantly. The extra health really helps through the game until you get second chance and warding which is quite a while unless you're cheating. "
That's true, my play through was mainly in soul form because my character was pure melee, I did try to stay alive after beating the bosses for as long as I could though, but eventually you end up dying one way or the other, I just didn't bother to use the stones to live again since soul form worked quite ok for me anyway.
Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#22  Edited By Brackynews
@kaos_cracker said:

" Is there still an online community with this game too? i just thought i'm really late for this game "

People on the main DS wiki are still pretty serious about it. Like with a MMO you can just make a new character and start over fresh if you end up getting overpowered and bored.
I'm Level ~50 in my first playthrough, so give me a PM and maybe we can arrange some co-op time when PSN comes back. (I do have a headset.) I've been soloing it so far which is both satisfying and infuriating.
(For those that remember 1-3, tonight Penetrator killed Biorr and then me on my first attempt, more angry at myself than the game but I finally cooked him. :)

(edit: Level 70 now)
(edit: Level 80, holy shit I love 4-4!)
PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23  Edited By PerryVandell

Just don't chuck your controller at your TV and you should do just fine.