GotG Round 1: Fallout 3 vs. Just Cause 2

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

Poll GotG Round 1: Fallout 3 vs. Just Cause 2 (728 votes)

Fallout 3 75%
Just Cause 2 25%

Main thread

Full bracket

How much AP does it take to pull off a stunt position?

Fallout 3 (2008)

What the community has to say:

Fallout 3 is a game that anyone who enjoys RPGs can get into. If you are curious about RPGs this is a great place to start. It is an excellent American RPG that will really wow most people who follow the strange and alluring fiction, both through the dialogue and through the design of the world as a whole.

From user review by @crono

Just Cause 2 (2010)

What the community has to say:

Just Cause 2 is a game where the craziest things can happen with just a few button presses. It's an extremely unrealistic game that defies pretty much every law of physics, but the end result is something really special that shouldn't be missed by anyone.

From user review by @natetodamax

Voting closes at midnight GMT / 4pm PST Tuesday.

• 
ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I voted for fallout 3 (but it should have been NV) however I really enjoyed playing Just Cause 2.

this has probably been the hardest vote yet.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Just Cause 2 was fun in extreme amounts and New Vegas was better Fallout game. So right answer is: Just Cause 2.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have to go with Fallout 3 on this one. I had some fun with Just Cause 2 but if someone said you can only play one I would take Fallout 3.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what game is a lot of fun? Just Cause 2.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By ProfessorEss

I would say these are my two favourite games of the generation.

Tough vote but I'm hoping whichever game wins this poll wins the whole thing.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO this should not even be close. Fallout 3 is a masterpiece.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

They're both great games. Just Cause 2 still has such a huge scale and so much to do even compared to games three years on, and there are few to no other games that let you go on crazy destruction sprees the way it does. I have to pick Fallout 3 as the better game though. It was full of technical flaws, was visually sometimes a bit of a letdown, and was not that amazing as a shooter, but the world was so interesting it managed to make up for all that. It gave a very real sense of wandering through this vast wasteland, periodically running into these intriguing little pockets of civilisation, and it took you on a real journey.

DrxLecter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will never understand the New Vegas apologists, by the gods that game was boring. It felt like 1/20 the size of 3 and just completely empty. It also didn't have Liberty Prime... there shouldn't need to be any further discussion.

Just Cause 2 was extremely fun, one of the best pick up and play open world games. It's right up there with saint row for just being able to jump in and do some crazy shit. But it also wasn't extremely varied, and got stale rather quickly.

Fallout 3 was an absolutely masterpiece as far as open worlds go. Hell, I would take a game of just the fallout 3 sewers/national mall over both New Vegas AND Just Cause 2.

triviaman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Despite loving me some Oblivion and Skyrim, I could never get into Fallout 3. I found the way encumbrance and the shops worked in that game frustrating and the whole world was so bleak that it defied my repeated attempts to love it like I still kind of feel I should have.

So I guess what I'm saying is Just Cause 2.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

I'm rocking Just Cause 2. Arguably the BIGGEST and one of the most gorgeous sandbox's of this generation, coupled with some of the best third-person chaos I've ever experienced.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SarcasticMudcrab

Good to see people fighting the Just Cause corner, great game that deserves its props. I have to go fallout 3 tho based on the fact that if you roll a black character your father is black in the game.

Detail motherfuckers.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Now we're starting to hit polls between games I both personally adore. Just Cause 2 was a blast with a ton of magical moments but Fallout 3 was an astounding world top to bottom. My heart says Fallout 3 but man both are great games. Still though, if I must be honest, the writing in Fallout is its own element I don't think JC2 can touch.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Legitimate matchup here, but as much fun as I had with JC2, I was never good enough with the grappling hook to do the real crazy stuff that I think make it some people's choice.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Voted for Fallout 3, it might be my game of the Generation.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

Fallout 3 drops a megaton and wins with 75% of the vote and 713 votes cast.