GotY 2014: #6 South Park: The Stick of Truth

ht101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Edited By ht101

With today's entry, we are taking a look at the funniest game of the year, South Park: The Stick of Truth. To make this a little bit easier for myself, it will be called South Park: TSoT from now on. Once more, if you've missed any of my other posts for Game of the Year, check them out at these links:

#7, #8, #9, #10 and HM

South Park: The Stick of Truth

No Caption Provided

South Park is one of the best TV shows on right now. With their ability to make fun of anyone and everyone, it's a show that I really love. When this game was announced, I wasn't sure what to think. On one hand, Matt and Trey were both involved with this game. On the other hand, most South Park games have been hugely disliked and just seemed to be terrible games. Fortunately, this game was both hilarious and fun to play.

Let's talk about the story first. As you may have noticed, most of these games on my list have been praised for having a great story and this one is no different. From the start where you meet Cartman and gang and then moving onto the various things like meeting Al Gore and trying to find ManBearPig, being abducted by aliens, being shrunk and scarred for life, to the ending, this game played like a 20 hour South Park episode and nothing seemed to drag the story down. Everything that happened was wonderfully presented and the best part of the game, your trip to Canada, was an amazing suprise. There are so many terrific moments in this game but I don't want to spoil any of them because they are all hilarious and many of them are shocking.

Now, let's talk about how it plays. If you have played any of the Paper Mario games and enjoyed them, you will love playing this game. From having to direct Cartman when he lights his farts to just timing the shots of the arrows from Kyle(I think), it keeps you invested in the game and always keeps you coming back to play more. The idea of having the battles be ones you can avoid if you want to and gain the upper hand in are also great. It gives you the power to truly determine how the fights play out. The various boss fights are really fun and force you to use all of your powers and abilities to your advantage. Even walking around the world is fun because you are running into various characters from the South Park universe and they normally always have something hilarious to say.

No Caption Provided

Unfortunately, there was one thing in the game that kept me from having it higher on my list. The first one is that since this is a South Park game and they love to push the envelope, they sometimes went too far in my mind. There were two parts that made me somewhat uncomfortable and, while I loved this game and felt it was super well made and very funny, it kept this game from being any higher on my list.

I'm now halfway through my list so come back tomorrow to see what will make the top five of my list. Be prepared for a fight that also involves a delicious Mexican dish. Thanks for reading.

HT101

xXCrazyCostaXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Game of the year. Period.