GOTY Out of the games you've played

• 106 results
SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

To give a better insight on personal GOTYs I though it would be a good idea to list all the games you've played in 2013 and then list your GOTY. This will give a better insight on which games people played and what they thought was better. So instead of having comments like "how could you not think X game was better then Y game", it may be because said person did play said game. Anyway here is all the games I've played in 2013, and my personal favourite.

Remember to only list games released in 2013

Personal Favourite of 2013: Ni No Kuni

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By TheBluthCompany

From the start of the year:

DmC: Devil May Cry

Tomb Raider

Bioshock Infinite

Tiger Woods PGA 2014

Injustice: Gods Among Us

God Mode

Monaco: What's Yours is Mine

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

GRID 2

Hotline Miami (PSN)

Saints Row IV

Diablo 3 (Xbox 360)

Grand Theft Auto V

Pokemon Y

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Favorite Game of the Year: Saints Row IV

Runners Up: Bioshock Infinite, GTA V, DmC, ACIV

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Persona 3 FES?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By bigjeffrey

Dead Rising 3

Gone Home

Grand Theft Auto V

Bioshock

Tomb Raider

God Mode

Injustice

DmC: Devil May Cry

Stanley Parable

Favorite: Dead Rising 3

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By gamefreak9

Very hard choice. Gameplay wise I would say DMC though it got boring fast after the first 3 playthroughs. I haven't play ni no Kuni and would love to, maybe a pc release soon? Anyways my pick would be bioshock infinite, in retrospect, the gameplay is garbage but the story has pushed video games forward.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#7  Edited By Kidavenger

Probably DmC, I'd like to say Last of Us, but I haven't worked up the urge to finish it yet.

Infinite, Remember Me, SR4, Tomb Raider and Brothers were all very close.

Finished 2013

1. Assassin's Creed III
Tried to get this in before the end of the year, missed by 5 hours... Great game, no idea how this became the biggest disappointment of 2012, this was so much better than ME3 (fuck that game). The traversal and combat is the best of the franchise, the scope of this game is bigger than any other non mmo I've ever played, story was great; Conner, not as good a character as Ezio or Altair, but Hatham and every other character in the game easily top all of the other games. Not sure where they go from here, they seemed to wrap up enough that another game won't have much to work with. Only criticism this game has a few of the worse action sequences of the entire series which was surprising given Revelations being the best in the series in that respect.
2. Little Inferno
Very short, nice style, story wasn't as clever as I was expecting.
3. The Amazing Spider-Man
An ok game, the open world stuff was fantastic, web swinging and wall crawling, boss fight were ok, they get better towards the end but nothing spectacular, decent story, combat was fine, finished main story and about half of the side missions/collectables in under 10 hours, so a bit short. crashes after about an hour of play on the PC fairly consistently, it has decent auto save so it only really tick me off one time it happened near the end of a boss fight.
4. Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 2: Strong Badia The Free
This is probably the worst game I've ever played. http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/kidavenger/changing-tastes-and-standards/30-98839/
5. The Cave
Not bad
6. DmC Devil May Cry
There is a lot going on in this game but they ease you into it nicely, by the end I was able to pull off some crazy combos that would have completely put me off at the start of the game. The story is fun with some great over the top moments. Great game.
7. Alpha Protocol
If you like the Mass Effect series (ME1 in particular), you should play this game right away. Good story & gameplay, terrible bosses if you aren't speced right.
8. Gravity Rush
Wow, this game really blew me away, probably my 2013 - 2012 game of the year. I've never played a game that controlled like this, at times it was frustrating but most of the time it felt good; this game really takes advantage of all the unique features of the Vita without throwing them in your face, everything just felt right. Story was a bit too anime in parts but overall decent, more than I was expecting, a lot more. The game was also longer than I expected I think I probably put 12-15 hours into it, I did most of the side missions, but there are still many collectibles I didn't get to. Great graphical style, this game really shows off the power of the Vita. I'd say it's worth getting a Vita just to play this game.
9. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm
I've played pretty much every Blizzard game since Orcs vs Humans and I've enjoyed them all and this one is no exception. The campaign was good, maybe a little easy on normal, Kerrigan is overpowered and makes most missions a breeze. The story was fine. Everything has an incredible amount of polish that you don't see coming from other developers anymore. My only criticism; this game doesn't have that great personality that Blizzard games were known for, you could see it fading in WoL and D3, it's almost completely gone now (watch the credits for Warcraft 3 if you don't know what I'm talking about).
10. Tomb Raider
Loved it, basically 50% Uncharted + 50% Assassin's Creed and that's right up my alley. Great story, characters and amazing action moments, everything is very polished and slick. Multiplayer seems dead on PC already which is a shame but not really the reason to get this game. There was one spot right in the middle of the game and if they had sent even one enemy at me I would have shut the game off and never turned it on again I was freaking out so bad.
11. Batman: Arkham Asylum
Great game, don't know why I waited so long to play it.
12. The Room
I don't like very many mobile games but this one was great; maybe a little on the short side though.
13. Jurassic Park
After finishing The Walking Dead game, I knew I had to play this game even though most reviews said it was terrible; this game is massively underrated, not that it's the best game ever but it is a good game. The story was decent, the action was frantic; it's 100% quicktime events and I wouldn't want to play a bunch of games like that but this one was exceptional. One scene right at the start of the first episode bugged and repeated a lot of dialog, that was the only bug I had, other than that the game played well, some of the button mashing was a bit much but I got through it all without much trouble.
14. Batman: Arkham City
Been awhile since I finished this (damn broken lists...) The boss fights in this game were so much better than Asylum but the trash mobs were a real drag; Asylum had a much better story and I think that makes it a better game overall. After playing both, I think I judged Amazing Spiderman a little harshly while that game isn't perfect either it does do some things better than either of these Batman games.
15. L.A. Noire
First Rockstar game I've ever finished; first Rockstar game I've ever been able to stand playing for more than a few hours. I liked it, by the end I was powering through it, the game is maybe a few hours/cases too long(I did play it through with all the DLC cases that may have been it but they were the best cases for the most part). Some of the story beats were completely out of left field and made no sense, and god damn the traffic AI, worst drivers in any game I've ever played or maybe just the most annoying.
16. Bastion
Another game from my pile of shame completed, much better than I was expecting, story was a bit more cryptic than I had expected, combat was great and intuitive, I felt comfortable using almost all the weapons and never felt the need to go back to the old faithful. The last level was a little anti-climatic. Hated the jumping, guess it will open up new game plus a bit, I just hate falling.
17. Spec Ops: The Line
Don't really like shooters, played this one because it was supposed to have a good story; it was ok, not sure what the big WTF moment people were talking about when it came out was, the whole thing seemed a little messed up but there wasn't a moment that made my hat spin. shooting was good for a console shooter. There were alot of spots that I died and it felt really cheap, the checkpoints were decent so no biggie. Multiplayer is completely non-existant as of now, Sunday evening, zero players online. Jake Busey and Nolan North and all the other voice actors did a good job. Maybe I'm bad at shooters but this game took alot longer than expected, about 10 hours for the campaign when I was expecting 6, glad I didn't push through and try to do this in one sitting.
18. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
I was enjoying this up to the end, the end was ok but felt sort of abrupt/anti-climatic and some of the story didn't evolve the way I thought it would. Finished Pigsy's Perfect Ten DLC also, it was long, almost as long as the main game and it's original levels with completely different gameplay mechanics and a good complete standalone story, if you liked Enslaved at all, play the DLC too.
19. Joe Danger 2: The Movie
This game is better than it has any right to be.
20. Grand Theft Auto IV
Longer than I was expecting, awesome soundtrack, open world felt full of life, some great characters, fuck the last mission, hated the driving, terrible car physics, the mob missions really felt like a lot of filler. Not a bad game but I liked Sleeping Dogs a lot better. Now on to Saints Row 3...
21. Saints Row: The Third
Pretty crazy going from GTA4 directly into this, wow what a clash, this game was a lot shorter than I expected, but it was the right length if that makes sense, and there was never a dull moment, it was go go go right from start to finish. I think I'm looking more forward to SR4 than GTA5 now. I've played a lot of open world games this year...
22. Stacking
Cute
23. Scribblenauts Unlimited
This game was a huge letdown, very much a kids game with no redeeming qualities for an adult.
24. Costume Quest
Finished this and Grubbins on Ice, super cute but felt a little formulaic towards the end. Great love letter to old school JRPGs which I wasn't expecting at all.
25. Half-Life 2
Better late than never, this game is a lot rougher than I had expected, especially compared to TF2 and Portal. One bug towards the end really pissed me off and wasted about 3 hours of my time. Weak ending, and terrible squad AI. Glad I finished it though.
26. Half-Life 2: Episode One
Ok the end of HL2 makes a lot more sense now, liked this episode much more than HL2. fuck that elevator part though, scared the crap out of me!
27. Half-Life 2: Episode Two
These episodes get better as they go... WTF that's the end? Now I understand, how can this go unfinished? Valve are bad people leaving it like this.
28. Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands
Just as bad as the first two...
29. Saints Row IV
Blasted through this in less than a week, I think I liked SR3 better, the story anyway, but this game was still great.
30. Red Faction: Guerrilla
Goddamn this game was hard, mostly throughout the middle of the game, the upgrades come very slowly, especially compared to current Saint's Row games. The destruction physics were very good, but not good enough to hold up the rest of this game; extremely forgettable story and boring characters. The last 5 hours of the game are the best, once you are upgraded they start giving you semi-interesting missions. I think I'll wait for a bit before tackling Armageddon.
31. McPixel
Great concept but I really dislike this game. An unholy mashup of funny and everything I hate about point and click adventures.
32. Psychonauts
Great game, last level was a bit of a shitshow but I got through it eventually, good story, love the art style. Glad I played it.
33. Anomaly: Warzone Earth
Really liked the concept, became really annoying towards the end, just finished it on casual.
34. Rain
Easy game with a story that could have been a lot better. I did like the style/art. Fixed camera; not as bad as it sounds, they use it to lead you through the game, but it is annoying in some of the jumping sequences. I liked it, but it could have been so much better, they had a chance to tell a really interesting story in the last 10 minutes and I think they blew it there. Collectibles unlocked for a second run, don't think I will. 3-4 hours long, when watching all the cut scenes, I think it would be pretty easy to do in under an hour on your second time through. I liked the song that they used, didn't like the singer at the end though.
35. Beyond: Two Souls
I enjoyed this, but it's not really a game, even less a game than The Walking Dead was, it's just an interactive movie. I found some secret stuff at the start of the game that never seemed to materialize into anything. The game looks great, and the story was interesting, the ending was insanely insane though and not really in a good way. Shower scenes just as creepy as they were in Heavy Rain... Worth playing but not the GotY contender I was hoping for. edit: went back and replayed the end, it's much better if you don't screw up the black sun event, I'm actually really surprised they let that happen because that ending is probably the worst ending to a game I've ever seen and there is no indication that you've done anything wrong.
36. BioShock Infinite
What an awesome game, I was hesitant to play this before the original Bioshock, but then I just said fuck it, I want to play some good games that came out this year and this one did not disappoint. Great story, the shooting was solid, not too hard, a bit scary in parts. I've played a lot of amazing games this year and this one is right up there near the top. First game I've played since I got my 5850 years ago that made me think it's getting close to time for a new gpu, game looked amazing but in some of the frantic parts I could very noticeably see frame stuttering. Play this.
37. Remember Me
This game was another pleasant surprise, I was semi excited for this before it came out but reviews cooled my interest; ended up getting it on sale, and boy am I glad I gave it a shot. This is one of the most beautiful games I've played this generation. The story was above average and had one of the biggest mind fucks I've ever seen in a game, I think that one sequence would make the whole game worthwhile for most. The combat was well done, but very much a copy of Batman, the custom combo system was interesting; you have to use the combos to survive and do well in combat which is something I think is lacking in a lot of these third person action games. Pulling off a 8 hit combo because you have to or you'd die is pretty awesome when it works out, luckily it mostly does in this game. I was having problems with crashing in the first few chapters, but after verifying the install through Steam, I had no more crashes, so I'm going to blame that on Steam. This game borrows a lot from other games but it does it all well and I think this is well worth playing.
38. 10000000
Not bad
39. Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
Fairly long for a Vita game, I enjoyed most of it, lots of creativity in the level design, more than the Asylum/City. Boss fights in this game are brutal, Batman is very much a glass canon and most of the bosses are packing some heavy firepower. The gadgets are used much better than City and Asylum also, as annoyingly hard as most of the boss fights were, they were all creative and use of all your gadgets is key. A bit heavy on the backtracking, but I did get almost all the collectibles. The in game map is useless, if they make another one of these, some sort of waypoint system would be invaluable at least for places you have already been to.
40. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Shorter than I expected, but not bad, no filler at all which is cool, good game, they get a lot done with a simple control scheme. I like the story but, wow, sadness.
41. Knack
Not a perfect game but I did enjoy it for the most part. I think the difficulty of this game has been massively overstated, most levels I only died a few times, one-shoted a few bosses, once you figure out the patterns it's very easy to do what you need to do. The loot aspect was unexpected and when the loot was flowing it was exciting, there are a few very long stretches that had no loot and those parts of the game were the worst. The story had some unbelievably stupid moments, nonsense, and stuff that even a child would question. This game also had absolutely no humor in it, look at the animation style in cut scenes you'd think there'd be some funny moments, there wasn't. Knack wasn't very impressive looking, when he's small, he's small, and when he's big, he's just a big blob. I think the game was a bit too long, there was a point where it felt like it would have ended very nicely, then the game went on for another 2 hours. I had been playing it in 1-2 hour chunks all week and I was happy, once I hit level 9 I figured I was at the end to I pressed on and it ended up being 4 more hours of me saying fuck out loud every 5 minutes. Once you beat the game, it opens up new game modes and you can start using the alternate Knacks that you unlocked, I'm going to play it through again to try all the new stuff, Not something I usually feel like doing.
42. Contrast
Decent story, the shadow platforming was interesting, definitely some frustrating parts, just like every other platformer ever. I liked the jazz/noir style. Nice tribute level to Limbo.

briangodsoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GTA V

Bioshock Infinite

Rogue Legacy

Tomb Raider

The Last of Us

Papers Please

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Bioshock Infinite is the best game I've played this year and the one I have enjoyed the most. It is the only game I played twice.

Last of Us is a close second, just got sick of the combat and the middle chapters weren't as good as the beginning. But that ending, fuuuuuuck it is good.

Really this year has been a year of backlog games for me, kinda disappointing really where last year was a huge surprise with the quality of games. Would rather go back and play Asura's Wrath or Binary Domain than most games released this year. Here's to 2014 being awesome.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've played two games that came out in 2013: Tomb Raider and Rayman: Legends. I can't really choose between the two since I had a great, completely different time with both. Tomb Raider had a good single player campaign. Rayman was excellent for me and the wife to play through together. If she hadn't done a bunch of levels on her own after I went to bed. Jerk! My wife is a jerk! I'll have to go back and play those levels on my own.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

In playing order...

• Bioshock Infinite
  • Dota 2
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • The Stanley Parable
  • Saints Row IV
  • Call of Juarez: Gunslinger*
  • Papers Please*
  • State of Decay*

*Have barely played these

Stanley Parable is my GOTY, hands down, with SRIV as the runner up. SP was simply brilliant and SRIV, though severely suffering from recycled content and repetitive mission structure, helped knock me out of an extended period of depression. Really kind of shocked that's how the year shook out for me.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zeik

No way I'm going to actually remember everything I played this year (a lot of it blurs together with last year), but I'll give it a shot:

• Etrian Odyssey 4
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Ni no Kuni
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • The Last of Us
  • Tomb Raider
  • Shin Megami Tensei 4
  • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
  • Ace Attorny 5
  • Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  • Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD
  • Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but among those Dragon's Dogma is probably my game of the year. Although I did only finish it recently, so hard to say how much is due to that. Looking over that list though I don't think I enjoyed any of those games more, overall.

I think quite a few of those are pretty great though. It's actually been a surprisingly good year for games imo.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By face15

It's so hard to remember which games came out this year....

• DMC: Devil May Cry
  • Dead Space 3
  • SimCity
  • Antichamber
  • BioShock Infinite
  • FEZ (came out on PC this year so I'm gonna count it)
  • Starseed Pilgram
  • Proteus
  • Tomb Raider
  • The Last of Us
  • GTA V
  • Saints Row IV
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Assassin's Creed IV (Not finished yet)

I've probably forgotten some or included something that didn't actually come out this year but this list seems about right.

Anyway, my GOTY at the current moment is GTA V. I have hard swings between that and BioShock Infinite though; so ask me again in an hour and it will probably have changed.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Probably Pokemon Y or Link Between Worlds. But Infinite and SR 4 were really good as well.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidavenger: Nice list! Agreed with almost all of your points especially AC III as I just finished it this year as well.

afjkidd5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ni No Kuni has continued to hold my top spot and I don't think it will be dethroned at this point.

bmehlers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played many games from this year, as I am really behind and played a lot of older games. I bought Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider over Black Friday week and will play those soon. So far, GTAV is definitely my game of the year.

Here is my short list:

1. Grand Theft Auto V
  2. Injustice: Gods Among Us
  3. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
  4. God of War: Ascension
donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By donchipotle

Tomb Raider

Remember Me

Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Guacamelee

Metal Gear Rising

Those are my favorite games of the year. So Tomb Raider for GOTY.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I'm not going to list everything I've played this year (partly because I don't remember it all). I'm still working on my final top 10, mostly the order of the ten games I have in mind. I can say, without a doubt, that Gone Home will take the top spot for me. No other game this year stuck in my head, making me think about it day and night, like that game has. A game that I hope sets a precedent for story-focused games in the future.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I've only played a handful this year. I can think of 8. I may grind through the downloadable games I bought over the year and since neglected before the years out. Right now my GOTY is Tomb Raider.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#21 Mento  Moderator

I've really no idea, still got a few games to try first. Was hoping Sly Cooper 4 might've been it, but that game's kind of a step down after 2 and 3. I think so far it's between SR4 (which is too similar to the previous game to make me feel okay about putting it on top) or Rayman Legends (ditto).

I think I'll wait and see if I get Mario 3D World/Link Between Worlds for Xmas. Might not decide anything until the very last second of 2013.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a bunch of old stuff rereleased on new systems this year, where I played them.

• Limbo (Vita)
  • Fez (PC)
  • Hotline Miami (Vita)
  • Spelunky (Vita)
  • GTA Vice City (PS3)

The best game I played from this year was probably Candy Box. I have Remember Me in a pile of games to play and Ni No Kuni is on sale this week so I'll get around to buying that. Most of my year was spent playing older games. Persona 4 Golden, Persona 4 Arena, P3P, Sleeping Dogs, AC: Brotherhood, Saints Row The Third and Rayman Origins were the highlights.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

2013 games or just games from any year?

PD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

Right now it's

• Gone Home
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Pokemon X

I've played a bunch more stuff but haven't gotten around to organizing them in order. But these are definitely the top 3 out of what I've played this year.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By MetalBaofu

Off the top of my head, I think I might have had the most fun with Black Flag. I need to go back over all the stuff that came out this year, though. I may just be leaning towards Black Flag because it's so fresh in my mind. Either way, though, Black Flag would be high up on the list.

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kedi2

Finished:

• DmC
  • Dead Space 3
  • Tomb Raider
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
  • Resident Evil: Revelations (360)
  • GTA V

Owned but not played yet:

• Zeno Clash 2

Favorite: DmC

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen.

I've played a lot of games this year, but that one is the bestest.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

In no particular order (I'm sure I'm forgetting some):

• DmC: Devil May Cry
  • Stanley Parable
  • Brothers
  • Gone Home
  • Ni No Kuni
  • Saint's Row 4
PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-DmC: Devil May Cry

-Tomb Raider

-Metro: Last Light

-Outlast

-Contrast

I would say Metro: Last Light is my GOTY choice. Playing it on PC and it was just an amazing experience, and holy shit the end.... that was crazy. My runner up is DmC. Ninja Theory really have a winner on their hands. Also shout out to Contrast for an amazing and heart warming/throbbing story.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In roughly chronological order and I'm definitely forgetting some stuff I didn't like so much...

Metal Gear Rising Revengence

Ni No Kuni

Bioshock Infinite

Monster Hunter 3U

Etrian Odyssey 4

Dragon's Crown

Wonderful 101

Super Mario 3d World

Zelda: Link Between Worlds

Pokemon X

GOTY: Wonderful 101

Runner-Up: Metal Gear Rising Revengence

Platinum Games so godlike this year.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I'm not going to list all the games I played, but I will say, The Last of Us is my favorite, it's also the only game that I could say is one of my favorite games not only of the generation, but ever.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gunpoint

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#33  Edited By Sooperspy

The Last of Us. It may even be my favorite game of all time.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I keep saying that Fire Emblem Awakening was the best game this year, and it is, but I have a lot of fun when playing Tomb Raider. It will come down to those two.

Does Blood Dragon really count as a full game this year?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Does Blood Dragon really count as a full game this year?

It's a separate executable, that's what I've decided to go by now anyway.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

Rayman Legends, no contest. Though that Zelda game was really, really good. And Super Mario 3D World looks awesome too.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

Mm, that reminds me, I should make a thread for this year's Giantomb Community GOTY thing.

I'm reworking some of the old code and changing how it stores the data, so hopefully this year I can provide even more analytics.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Star Trek game. Oh yeah.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Ni No Kuni
  • Injustice
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • State of Decay
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • The Last of Us
  • Tomb Raider
  • The Bureau
  • GTA V
  • Dragon's Crown
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
  • Metro: Last Light

and the winner for me is Brothers

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hotline Miami

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we're counting older games, Killer7.

This year, Assassin's Creed IV or Killer is Dead (I'm serious).

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SharkEthic

What I played

• Dota 2
  • The Last of Us
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Tomb Raider
  • BioShock Infinite
  • Gone Home
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Don't Starve
  • Papers, Please
  • DMC: Devil May Cry
  • Gunpoint
  • Divekick
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  • Monaco: What's Yours is Mine
  • Dust 514
  • Metro: Last Light
  • Assassin's Creed 4
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  • The Stanley Parable
  • Guacamelee

Best game

Dota 2

Runner up: The Last of Us

Worst game

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've finished a fair few games this year there are some highlights, GTA 5, Infinite, Saints Row 4, and Dead Rising 3 were all really fun, as was the Stanley Parable.

But I am amazed how much I like AC4, There have been only a few times when the inherent ACness has come through and spoiled my enjoyment, and that's pretty amazing for a game I've put at least 30 hours into.

As at this point my GOTY is AC4.

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By D_Bones

Hmmm this year was a lot about catch up for me so I only played a single game from this calendar year so I guess Ni No Kuni takes it. If i'm picking my personal GOTY out of everything I've played all year (regardless of when released) then probably FTL or Skyrim takes it.

matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By matti00

Haven't had a chance to play as many games this year, but I'm really liking these 3 for an end of year list.

1. Bioshock Infinite
  2. Gone Home
  3. The Stanley Parable

There's been some other smaller games that I haven't had a chance to get to, and I really like AC4 but haven't finished it yet. A pretty good year, wish I could have gotten to more stuff.

biggiedubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

OR

No Caption Provided

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Worst game

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

All right, I'll bite. What makes you say that? I haven't played the game myself, but a lot of people have praised the game very highly. What about the game made you dislike it so much.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Games (so far) of 2013

• Gone Home
  • Tomb Raider
  • The Last Of Us
  • Dota 2
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengence
  • Proteus
  • Saint's Row IV
  • Remember Me
  • Battlefield 4
  • Beyond: Two Souls
  • Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel
  • Device 6
  • Year Walk
  • Boson X
  • Strata
  • Poker Night 2
  • Persona 4 Arena (released here 2013)
  • Spartacus Legends
  • Ascend: Hand of Kul
  • Rymdkapsel
  • Star Command
  • Dead Island Riptide
  • Ridiculous Fishing
  • Gears of War: Judgement
  • The Banner Saga: Factions

Listing games like this at random, part of me feels like I should have played more. But the list would probably be longer if it wasn't limited to 2013 titles. Granted, there are some titles I have in my backlog to buy. But I think this one is pretty accurate. I have a hard time really narrowing it down to one specific game though.

Possibly my maybe game of the year, but don't take my word for it just yet.

No Caption Provided

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, it’s The Last Of Us. I’ve not played too many games this year (mainly due to finances), but TLOU blew me away from beginning to end. Oh God that ending. I think its Naughty Dog’s masterpiece. Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, The Stanley Parable and GTA V were also really, really good. I have to say that I've been slightly disappointed by Rayman Legends and what I've played so far of Saints Row 4, although that’s mainly due to lofty expectations set by their predecessors than anything else.