GoXLR question

HIMSteveO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By HIMSteveO

What does the GoXLR setup do for podcasting/streaming? Is it a demonstrably setup better than using a Blue Yeti etc.? Is that difference justified by the price? Just curious if it would be worth it for podcasting/recording etc.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2 chaser324  Moderator

The GoXLR is a mixer (it's not a microphone so the Blue Yeti comparison doesn't make sense), so it allows you quick access to be able to adjust the levels of multiple separate audio channels.

For most casual streamers/podcasters, it's probably going to be overkill and unnecessary. If you are looking to up the production and do some sort of more elaborate streaming setup, then you might want to look into some of the entry level mixers like the GoXLR - which is still pretty expensive but not obscenely expensive like the high-end professional mixers.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

The GoXLR is a mixer (it's not a microphone so the Blue Yeti comparison doesn't make sense), so it allows you quick access to be able to adjust the levels of multiple separate audio channels.

For most casual streamers/podcasters, it's probably going to be overkill and unnecessary. If you are looking to up the production and do some sort of more elaborate streaming setup, then you might want to look into some of the entry level mixers like the GoXLR - which is still pretty expensive but not obscenely expensive like the high-end professional mixers.

A more affordable alternative would be the Elgato Stream Deck. If you find the base model far too limiting, then consider the XL model.

thevole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I’m not a streamer, but I got a Stream Deck for general use/productivity. I’m really happy with it! Definitely worth the price of admission.

HIMSteveO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've essentially got a Stream Deck Mini on my keyboard, and I only really use one of the keys to start and stop recording. I was more curious if the audio quality is much better etc.? Seems like it's not though...