GTA IV DLC Will FLOP Big time! (sales wise I mean)

GearsGamer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GearsGamer360

I own a 360 and love it but I will admit that I think the GTA IV DLC is going to flop, not many people play this game much anymore.. I mean dont get me wrong ofcourse a lot of pepole still play it but its not one of those games like Halo 3, Gears or COD 4 where when I turn on my 360 i see people playing all the time. Infact I have about 60 people on my friend's list and I hardly ever see anyone play GTA IV anymore. I personally hated the game and ebayed it 4 days after it came out. It was boring as hell and the multiplayer felt very unbalanced. It definitley doesnt have the staying power Gears,Halo or COD has.. And not only that but with Gears 2 coming out around the same time of GTA IV, people will have long forgotten about GTA IV because of Gears 2.. I see MS losing money but hey, 50 million to them is loose change in bill gates couch.

banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By banksrob

the point of DLC is to make them play again, which i will...

TLT21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TLT21

I think that its taking to long to come out

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By fr0br0

If people had to force themselves to finish the game's main storyline, I doubt people are going to be running to buy any more missions.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Vinchenzo

The reason it will flop is because GTA IV was a hype machine, and many people now know the game does not deserve the reputation of a great game. Not to me, anyway, and a lot of my friends think the same thing. DLC will not draw me back, I got 100% before May 19th, mail me my golden key and I will be off!

SaucySala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By SaucySala
GearsGamer360 said:
"

I own a 360 and love it but I will admit that I think the GTA IV DLC is going to flop, not many people play this game much anymore.. I mean dont get me wrong ofcourse a lot of pepole still play it but its not one of those games like Halo 3, Gears or COD 4 where when I turn on my 360 i see people playing all the time. Infact I have about 60 people on my friend's list and I hardly ever see anyone play GTA IV anymore. I personally hated the game and ebayed it 4 days after it came out. It was boring as hell and the multiplayer felt very unbalanced. It definitley doesnt have the staying power Gears,Halo or COD has.. And not only that but with Gears 2 coming out around the same time of GTA IV, people will have long forgotten about GTA IV because of Gears 2.. I see MS losing money but hey, 50 million to them is loose change in bill gates couch.

"
Opinions don't transfer to sales flops. I don't think Gears 2 is causing people not to download the exclusive DLC. People will always have time for both.

braniac911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By braniac911

I think if theres new content, people will be like
"Oh yeah, the game was fun, and you can kill random people"
And download it.  I doubt it will flop.  GTA may not have the highest calibur online, but its still an awesome experience.  More of an awesome thing = win

GearsGamer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GearsGamer360

I highly doubt it, plus you have to think a lot of 360 gamers are teens that dont have jobs yet so its going to be hard to convince parents to shell out $20.00 for DLC especially if that gamer has to choose between Gears or GTA IV DLC. I honestly think Gears 2 is easily going to overshadow this, everyone on my friend's list has GTA IV and I NEVER see anyone playing

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By RVonE

I guess most people have indeed moved on since its release.

GearsGamer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GearsGamer360
RVonE said:
"I guess most people have indeed moved on since its release."

Exactly dude! The said thing is Gears is almost 2 years old and i see tons more people on my friends list playing that over GTA and if its not Gears its either Halo or COD 4
sdodd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sdodd02

It'll sell well, shit ton of people bought the game, played through it, and now are waiting for something new, and if they love the game, they will buy something to add more game time to it.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By suneku

I think the longer it takes the more likely it'll flop.. people are just going to move on

halfameatball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By halfameatball

You could be right, I'm not sure I will going back to Liberty CIty any time soon to be honest. GTA IV got repetitive for me so I'm not anxious to get back to the streets.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Illmatic

Heh, I've moved WAY on. Already sold my GTA IV.

Avatar image for disabilityfishy
DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy

ReTarDedFisHy believes that people have moved on because they've already played it, and didn't think it was that great. But he also thinks that DLC will bring people back to play it anyway. Sure, the DLC won't do that great, but it will encourage players to pick it up again, and it certainly won't flop.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Demyx

I'm sure it won't flop. But I have to agree that i would only give it a 9.0 despite the tens its received

cann3dheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By cann3dheat
Scorched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Scorched

it's a possibility
many have forgotten about it

DorianBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DorianBlack

If it's a continuation of some sort to Niko's story and not just more drive-by/car chase missions I'd be interested.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By RedSox8933

it doesn't matter if it flops, if it does, then EA will buyout take-two, and who cares if it flops, its not like they are going to pull it off of xbla, we're going to get it and that is all that matters.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Jensonb

I have to say, I'm surprised so many people have forgotten the fact that GTA is absolutely huge and adored by both core gamers and light gamers. It's a popular franchise and most of its players love it, the DLC will do fine.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By BlackWaterCO
TLT21 said:
"I think that its taking to long to come out"

Wow, I guess you enjoy crappy rushed project eh?
DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By DARKIDO07

I think once the DLC comes out for it more people will pick it up and play it again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought it was a stupid idea. A HUGE games with loads of content, and you add MORE content, almost half a year later?

Pointless to me..

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By roofy

DLC gives people a reason to pick the game back up again. EGM said that the DLC will be a storyline with a biker involved.
rumor mole knows all

Orgazmorater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Orgazmorater

although i see where your coming from, i totally disagree with you, 10 million xbox 360 units, i estimate atleast half will buy the dlc. EVEN though so many games are coming out, from what it seems like the dlc is pretty much gonna be a new story mode and i would take that anyday.

Nobility

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nobility

Since GTA4 biggest selling point was DLC (the other being available outside Sony's consoles), I'm pretty sure Take Two will have any problems selling content and they are bound to make millions if they do it right.

Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Nemesis

If the DLC is amazing I might check it out, though I think it was a big mistake to delay it as I know many people would probably have downloaded it in the summer. Putting the DLC when a bunch of hit games is coming out is not a very good idea, and will probably overshadow it.

Warihay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By Warihay

I consider GTA IV one of the greatest games I have ever played from the story to the immersion of the world. I for one can not wait for the DLC.