GTA San Andreas being ported to VR by Facebook?? I mean 'Meta'??

carpe_dmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Definitely the last thing I was expecting to be announced today, but it makes some sense based on the reaction that Resident Evil 4 port is getting. Shame they'll both be quest exclusive. Any thoughts on how they're gonna handle a game like GTA San Andreas in VR...? Any other games from 2004 you'd like re-released on mobile VR, as apparently that's a thing we're doing now?

DenizenNomad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just keep calling them facebook, they "changed their name" for PR, don't give them the satisfaction.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am going to revert to calling it The Facebook again.

brainjury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

El_Blarfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The *vision* for Facebook is Neil Stephenson's Snow Crash.

From Hiro Protagonist to Zero Protagonists.

VGAPortAuth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VGAPortAuth

It makes a ton of sense to make GTA a VR thing. The janky GTA5 VR mod shows that there's something there, something awesome for just a few seconds every now and again. More than 200 vehicles though..... Not sure how they're gonna get all that done for VR..

About the name change, I'm definitely going to call them Meta instead of Facebook, cause if we keep calling them Facebook, tons of people are going to buy Meta headsets without knowing it's Zuckerberg's baby. If we're all talking shit about facebook, Meta goes free.... And a brand that used to be a thing gets all the blame. That's a horrible strategy for raising awareness. If anything, people should say "zuckerberg's Meta" or "Facebook/Meta" to make sure people realize what's what instead of giving Meta a free pass.

As far as a 2004 ports go, World of Warcraft (once Blizzard has culled the filth). Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines would be really cool. Unreal Tournament 2004 would also be rad. Loved that version.

I'm all in for ports at this point. As porting studios get better at porting to VR, ported games will become really awesome.