Guesses on the 30 Games for an SNES Mini?

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By viking_funeral

There was a Beastcast a while back where the crew tried to guess some of the games that would come out on the (as of now) rumored SNES-Mini. I had some time to kill today and took a pass at what could be on the console, and realized that outside of some Nintendo classics and some Square-Enix & Capcom games I would like to see, I really wasn't sure what would fill out the full 30 games.

Here's what I got. What are some of your guesses?

Nintendo:

• Super Mario World
  • Super Mario All-Stars (?)
  • Super Mario Kart
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Punch-Out!!
  • F-Zero
  • Star Fox
  • Yoshi's Island (?)
  • Donkey Kong Country (?)
  • Donkey Kong Country 2

Square-Enix:

• Final Fantasy IV (?)
  • Final Fantasy VI
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Secret of Mana

Capcom:

• Street Fighter II Turbo (or some version)
  • Mega Man X
  • Mega Man X 2 (?)

So that's 19 out of 30 potential games. There's a bunch I would like to see, like E.V.O. - The Search for Eden or Sim City, but I don't know if my tastes would align with their intended market. Then there's licensing issues. Would Nintendo be able to work out a deal to get Earthworm Jim? How about some of the Disney games? It's an interesting conundrum.

Here are the games that I'm sure won't make the cut, sadly:

• Killer Instinct

It's a Rare property, and I can't see Microsoft letting Nintendo license the game. I could be wrong, and I would like to see it, but I doubt it.

• Mortal Kombat II

Yeah, it would be great to see, but Nintendo likely wants these things to be family friendly. No blood splatter and fatalities. Even the first Mortal Kombat without blood is unlikely to make the cut, in my opinion.

• Earthbound

Doesn't make sense, does it? Nintendo seems reluctant to re-release this game, and the rumor is that a lot of it has to do with the music being very obviously similar to songs by the Beatles and other artists. This should be on the console, but I'm going to say it isn't for the same reason Nintendo is so reluctant to re-release this game into the wild - whatever that exact reason may be.

~

So what are your guesses? I'm interested to see how our guesses compare to the final product, if the rumors are true.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

• Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Link to the Past
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Punch Out
  • Street Fighter II Turbo
  • Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
  • TMNT: Turtles in Time
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Donkey Kong Country 2
  • F-Zero
  • Star Fox
  • Pilotwings
  • Secret of Mana
  • FF III
  • FF VI
  • Mega Man X
  • Harvest Moon
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Earthworm Jim
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Contra 3
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Tetris Attack
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Earthbound
  • Yoshis Island
  • Mario Paint
  • Super Bomberman
  • Super Double Dragon
  • Zombies Ate My Neighbors

I skipped any comic/movie/sports games due to licensing/rights

RikiGuitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Most of these games so far are solid choices! I just hope Nintendo includes a decent amount of co-op/multiplayer games. Since that's basically the only reason why I don't use emulators to play SNES games.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@kingbonesaw: Wait, Earthbound actually came out for the Wii-U virtual console? I may have to adjust my expectations of that game making it to a theoretical SNES-Mini.