Guitar Hero or Rock Band?

TheTuch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By TheTuch

Guitar Hero: World Tour is coming out with the whole band ensemble (guitar, drums, and mic). Do you think they'll be able to go up against the already established Rock band series or are they just shooting themselves in the foot?

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By DualReaver

I'm thinking Rockband for its DLC that is added weekly.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By xplodedd
TheTuch said:
"Guitar Hero: World Tour is coming out with the whole band ensemble (guitar, drums, and mic). Do you think they'll be able to go up against the already established Rock band series or are they just shooting themselves in the foot?"
at this point it would be hard to shoot yourself in the foot, after what they have done with GH3, extreme difficulty rather then song list.. cmon.
Avatar image for deactivated-590b56fc03f47
deactivated-590b56fc03f47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i think rockband is better if they fix there issues with hardware sucking.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shocker

I'm going with Rock Band 2 I think

wowzers002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By wowzers002

please take this to the rockband/guitar hero forums

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DualReaver
wowzers002 said:
"please take this to the rockband/guitar hero forums
"
Well he'd probably get a better answer from the GD. If he posts in those forums the opinions probably be a bit bias.
dragonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By dragonfire

I plan on getting both although I prefer Rock Band to Guitar Hero. Now that it has been announced that the Rock Band instruments will work withthe World Tour game it would be a shame to not get both. The song creator in World Tour looks interesting and the song selection in both looks good. I do believe, however, that the Rock Band game will sell better as a result of the existing DLC and user base. Either way it is a good time to be a fan of Music games.

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By epic_pets

I like guitar hero alot more.

ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By ieatlions

i think harmonix just makes better music games so my bets on rock band 2 but how are rock band drums be used in guitar hero since rock band 4  pads and GH has 5?

theycallmeryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By theycallmeryan

Guitar Hero.

moez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By moez

Guitar Hero all the way, played it since the second game and im not planning on buying Rock Band for a small fortune.

valiantgoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By valiantgoat

I don't have the room for drums, and am against putting that much physical effort into a game. :P So I've stuck with the GH franchise so far, but I do like Harmonix a lot because they know music and have better songs overall. The thing that makes it even harder for me to pick is the fact that one of my friends is going to get RB2 and another will be getting GH:WT. I don't think I'll be able to pick one until they are about to be, or are, released. I can see myself getting the bundle of one and just the disc of the other though....but money will likely play a factor to.

OblivionGuy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14  Edited By OblivionGuy07

I currently enjoy Rock band much more (duh), but I may not get either of the upcoming games

Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hungry_bunny

Guitar Hero, since it's the only one I've tried.

Mox007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mox007

I will wait and see which is better and has the better song list. Right now I have GH III so I am leaning to GH so that I can do 4 player.

Avatar image for worldsfastestshrimppeeler
WorldsFastestShrimpPeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to have to go with Guitar hero.
Rock band for the DLC.

mthe1337one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mthe1337one

Guitar Hero hands down.  Vicarious Visions have already set out a plan for effing DLC on even the Wii version of World Tour.  and what do we get from the Rock Band devs? nada...

i'd hate to think Rock Band 2 does better than GH:WT in terms of wii console users.

moez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By moez

Rock Band do have a better songlist but i like Guitar Hero more for some reason

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well since some people here are Wii only owners, I would say GH for them, but for everyone else; RB2 FTW.

Dairyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dairyman

Between Guitar Hero 3 and Rock Band, it's Rock Band without question.  It has more songs and better songs.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Shocker
Hungry_bunny said:
"Guitar Hero, since it's the only one I've tried.
"
Well that is just dumb. Maybe you would like Rock Band more if you gave it a try.
xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By xruntime

Rock Band. It does everything Guitar Hero does and more.

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By AlexB

I like Rock Band because of its consistently good DLC. I am kind of against GH:WT atm. I mean how low can they get. Completely ripping off Rock band and adding all the same instruments. the game is called guitar hero, no where in that does it say anything about other instruments. i'll probably still get it i just think they should of stuck to guitar. because overall the guitar is more satisfying in guitar hero than rock band.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlexB said:
"

I like Rock Band because of its consistently good DLC. I am kind of against GH:WT atm. I mean how low can they get. Completely ripping off Rock band and adding all the same instruments. the game is called guitar hero, no where in that does it say anything about other instruments. i'll probably still get it i just think they should of stuck to guitar. because overall the guitar is more satisfying in guitar hero than rock band.

"

Totally agree. It's like Rock Band has created the genre all over again, and now everyone is copying it. I left GH when Harmonix left it, even GH3 didn't feel like GH, so I say viva la Rock band and fuck activision and their advertising crap...
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By AlexB
Sentry said:
"AlexB said:
"

"

Totally agree. It's like Rock Band has created the genre all over again, and now everyone is copying it. I left GH when Harmonix left it, even GH3 didn't feel like GH, so I say viva la Rock band and fuck activision and their advertising crap...
"
haha. I do like Guitar Hero don't get me wrong, i just think the whole copying thing is low. guitar hero does do a lot of things better than rock band (vice versa) I just think it shouldn't be so similar. I think i would be more pissed if the instruments weren't compatible, but since they announced that they were it eased the pain a little.
BigPoppaHerpes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BigPoppaHerpes

I already got rock band, no more gh for me, spent too much on plastic instruments. full album downloads should keep me busy for a while. by the way the guitar hero 3 characters scare me, the singer looks like he could bite my whole head off in one chomp.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AlexB said:
"Sentry said:
"AlexB said:
"

"

"
haha. I do like Guitar Hero don't get me wrong, i just think the whole copying thing is low. guitar hero does do a lot of things better than rock band (vice versa) I just think it shouldn't be so similar. I think i would be more pissed if the instruments weren't compatible, but since they announced that they were it eased the pain a little.
"

Same here, was so hardcore back in the day. But once I realized what they were doing, and just saw the videos and interviews with activision and how it was all such a rip off, I had to pull back.
Xeno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Xeno

Guitar Hero has the brand behind it, Rock Band's been around longer.
I dunno, it's a close call, bro.

I'm a RB fanboy, but the music creation stuff in GH: WT looks neat as heck.

Hughes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hughes

Both. I'll be buying GH World Tour's hardware set though. I have Rock Band, but just the disc.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mourne

Rock Band.