Guys, I think we need to science Fight Crab, an upcoming Crab fighting game.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MocBucket62

So I've been eager to play some fighting games again, but my current situation isn't the best since I only have a Mac and Switch. The Switch does have a decent library of classic fighters and will only get better with games like Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection, SNK Heroines (hopefully its good) and Blazblue Cross Tag Battle. Sadly it won't be home to what will likely be the two best fighters of the year which are Dragonball FighterZ and Soul Calibur 6. However, all my worries of playing a modern fighter on the Switch have been resolved and I just found a new trailer for what might be the most insane fighting game ever made, Fight Crab:

In this game, you have 2 crabs fighting each other. The crab you play as fights from a rear view camera that's sort of set up like ARMS, but as crabs you can pinch or grab your enemy and wrestle them down or try to deal damage. You have claw meters indicating when they might be grabbed and the lower they get, the more likely you might stun to break off the claws? I wish I knew, but the trailer is only in Japanese and wish there was one in English. The crabs also have a Smash Bros like Percentage system where it looks like they are easier to launch as the percentage gets higher. You can even equip weapons for the crabs to use like swords, maces and revolvers. I believe you can win by either launching the crab off the arena sort of like Smash Bros or pin them wrestling style. Fight Crab is currently aiming for a Nintendo Switch release with no affirmative release date and hopefully this gets more attention. I would love for this to be a Ranking of Fighters game, but maybe its too new to conduct science for?

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Why is this not called Crab Battle

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Are there giant enemy crabs, and do they have weak points?

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

This could be some promising Dan Ryckert content.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

King Crab best Crab. I heard he's running some orphanage.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Is this from the Ace of Seafood devs? It looks just like that game and seems to be operating on a similar level of crazy. If so, definitely count me in.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The whole thing was weird, but I completely lost it at the crab shooting pistols. Sure, why not?

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@xolare: It's a play on Fight Club, except Crab takes in the Club portion of the title.

@vortextk said:

Are there giant enemy crabs, and do they have weak points?

Judging from that last part of thetrailer, sure they're giant crabs. I beleive they do have weak points, but I couldn't translate what was said in the trailer.

@imhungry said:

Is this from the Ace of Seafood devs? It looks just like that game and seems to be operating on a similar level of crazy. If so, definitely count me in.

Yes, this is being developed by Nussoft, the Ace of Seafood people.