Half Life Endurance Run?

MadFusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MadFusion

Not gonna lie I think a Half Life endurance run would be awesome.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...and I would love for them to play through about million other games too, but I don't think I'm the one deciding that.

Plus Half-Life isn't really a game they'd have trouble enduring, so it's not exactly a good pick.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Panfoot
Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Danny O'Dwyer did a run through Half Life for some stream a while back when he was at Gamespot (Extra Life, maybe? can't remember). Maybe that'll do it for you.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shindig

That was Danny's Half-Life Half-Marathon. He played through all of them in a weekend.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By TheHT

seems too easy. i'd watch a 4-player playthrough of every left 4 dead campaign (1+2) on the hardest difficulty though. "survival" i think? no ally or item highlighting, along with a bevy of other increased difficulty features.

i guess endurance run's don't need to be hard though, now that i think about it.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

That was Danny's Half-Life Half-Marathon. He played through all of them in a weekend.

it was amazing when he got through Half Life 3 in just under 5 hours.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

There wouldn't be much "endurance" involved. Half Life is like an 8-10 hour game, that's barely more than 1 week of episodes.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

It's not a long game...

Anyways, if you like HL 1 check out the Dev Game Club Podcast because they are playing through HL 1 now.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht said:

seems too easy. i'd watch a 4-player playthrough of every left 4 dead campaign (1+2) on the hardest difficulty though. "survival" i think? no ally or item highlighting, along with a bevy of other increased difficulty features.

i guess endurance run's don't need to be hard though, now that i think about it.

Could be a good fit for 'this is the run' though. Actually I'd really freaking love that.

Anyways, as of right now, the only way I could see the GB folks doing a Half-life run is if Half-life 3 was all of a sudden announced and they wanted to do a marathon leading up to it or something.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've played HL 1 enough times I could probably run it together in my head as a video.. Have to admit though, I really enjoyed Rooster teeth's play-through some longish years back.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shindig

@ripelivejam said:
@shindig said:

it was amazing when he got through Half Life 3 in just under 5 hours.

I like the ending where Gordon Freeman mouths something to Alyx as she leaves Tokyo. I'm pretty sure he says, "Science needs me."

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

Half-Life isn't nearly long enough for an Endurance Run, and it's also neither tedious or difficult enough. They could knock out that whole game in three or four play dates even if they stopped to goof around a bunch. I'm not sure there's much point though, it's not exactly or obscure or inaccessible & there isn't much to riff on.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it's not the same thing, but if you like Danny O'Dwyer, I highly recommend his Half-Life Half Marathon. He played the whole series and was joined by Alexis, Mary Kish, and Eric Tay from Gamespot. Some other Gamespot folks also make an appearance and Drew also shows up on the second day. They drink beers, eat crab, do push-ups, sing and dance. It's pretty much like Extra Life but just with Half-Life.

Day One (part 1)

Day One (part 2)

Day Two

Day Three

Day One Highlights

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Half Life Endurance Run confirmed to start the day Half Life 3 is released.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point for me a Half Life endurance run would be 'try not to get motion sick as you slide these crates around to jump up into this air duct'.

compasscalldoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe if they included Opposing Force and Blue shift, which never seem to get as much coverage as other parts of the HL series.

Honestly though I dont think id be so interested in the endurance run aspect of it as much as I would hearing Jeff + Brad (those two would be the best for the series IMO) discuss 90s shooter history in the same vein as Jeff + Dan talking about Zelda history in the Twilight Princess HD quick look

Nach0Sanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

far cry 2 endurance run on hard

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that the Endurance Run needs to continue the trend of Japanese games only.

Nier, anyone?

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Step 1. Find out if Abby and Ben have any gaming blank spots.

Step 2. Plug that gap with a series.