Your savior has arrived!

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

I agree with him about the shirt definitely... but then again, thats Gamestop for you..pushing fucking items you don't want on you. Though the second video about game reviewers and companies, hes way off line..and maybe somewhere that happens or at some time and place, but it definitely isn't occurring on the top gaming sites,dude needs to actually make a fact in his claims such as that before just saying it.

Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Metasin

can I have those 3 minutes back please? I kept waiting for it to be funny or entertaining in some way, my mistake

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rhombus_Of_Terror

Summed it up pretty well, i only like the first Halo didn't like the second, and i haven't even touched the third, and probably wont. and yes, too many children play this game...

But yeah, youtube really is the bitchiest place in the world.
Jon_Rivera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Jon_Rivera

I love Halo. That game was such an unknown quantity going in; no one knew what to truly expect of it. Halo blew lots of folks away. The stuff that happens in that game is incredible and that visuals were fantasic. It was generally a well made piece that nailed down that fun factor for many people. Then Halo 2 came out... and it fell so short of the previous game. It was pretty much Halo 1.5; some new levels (not as long as halo), not many great moments, updated graphics. In other words it seemed like a framework or shell of a game. Halo 3 then comes out. It's a fantasic game with the visuals, modes, features, and a resolution the the overarching story. But, it still never reached the level of quality or greatness that Halo had achieved dyuring it's time of release. I think Halo is amazing, but that doesn't mean I like the Halo series. Actually, I hope Bungie makes a new game in either the Marathon universe or the Pathways into Darkness universe...

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

If that guy is serious he is a legitimate fucking weirdo.

If that's some kind of put-on it is a work of subtle genius, and I don't know why.

valvefan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By valvefan84

Wow, the comments for the Halo sucks video on Giantbomb.com is alot different than the Youtube comments, nice!

DanCarmichael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By DanCarmichael
valvefan84 said:
"Wow, the comments for the Halo sucks video on Giantbomb.com is alot different than the Youtube comments, nice!"
You can feel your own brain cells dying when you read YouTube comments.
valvefan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By valvefan84
DanCarmichael said:
"valvefan84 said:
"Wow, the comments for the Halo sucks video on Giantbomb.com is alot different than the Youtube comments, nice!"
You can feel your own brain cells dying when you read YouTube comments."
Youtube; serious fucking {that world is OFTEN used on youtube BTW} buisness.
diehard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By diehard

There are some very valid point about Halo in that video.  Every room does look exactly the same.  COD4 indeed was cool.

valvefan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By valvefan84
diehard said:
"There are some very valid point about Halo in that video.  Every room does look exactly the same.  COD4 indeed was cool."

Yeah, I give him kudos for mentioning Halo's most dominant flaw; repetitive level designs.....apart from that he kinda came off as a douche and I have nothing against anyone hating Halo, its just that I feel like this guy is enforcing it or something.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

You know, halo actually is one of those games that is as good as people make it out to be

That fact is basically due to how no one actually knew what the fuck halo was until they played it, and were just blown away

And I dont really see how Halo's main flaw is repedtitive levels.  Halo 1 more so, but even then it didn't feel like backtracking.
However, that arguement makes absolutely no sense when talking about Halo 2 or 3, at all.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Karmum
SmugDarkLoser said:
"You know, halo actually is one of those games that is as good as people make it out to be

That fact is basically due to how no one actually knew what the fuck halo was until they played it, and were just blown away

And I dont really see how Halo's main flaw is repedtitive levels.  Halo 1 more so, but even then it didn't feel like backtracking.
However, that arguement makes absolutely no sense when talking about Halo 2 or 3, at all."
While I think his opinion was quite repetitive, it is his own opinion, so he is technically right in his own mind. I was never a fan of Halo myself, as a matter of fact, I hated Halo 2 and Halo 3. But I think he is way off by saying the original Halo was terrible.

That, and, he said the GameStop EDGE Card was a good deal. Something is wrong there.
Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Subway

Jericho is better than Halo? AHAHAHAHAH

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jayge_

I'm a gigantic Halo hater (nobody dares dispute that), but I would never want to be associated with this idiot cunt. His comments have no substance, his other points on things not entirely related to Halo reveal how fucking stupid he actually is, and I want him to never grace my screen again.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#16  Edited By wefwefasdf

He is an idiot.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DualReaver

I didn't watch the videos, but I'm just going to jump on the hater haters bandwagon and say he sucks.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
DualReaver said:
"I didn't watch the videos, but I'm just going to jump on the hater haters bandwagon and say he sucks."
Yep.  Hate threads are lame.  Focus on game's you actually enjoy, and quit shitting all over the forum.
valvefan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By valvefan84
SpaceInsomniac said:
"DualReaver said:
"I didn't watch the videos, but I'm just going to jump on the hater haters bandwagon and say he sucks."
Yep.  Hate threads are lame.  Focus on game's you actually enjoy, and quit shitting all over the forum."
I'm not a halo hater...
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Systech

This topic is just asking to get flamed. It is very difficult to not flame this topic. So I'll just leave my post at that.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Relys

Halo 3 was pretty much a joke of a video game.

Sequels almost always suck, it's not that surprising.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bicycleham
Relys said:
"Halo 3 was pretty much a joke of a video game.

Sequels almost always suck, it's not that surprising."
Agreed. Halo 3 WAS FUCKING HORRIBLE.
Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rorschach
valvefan84 said:
"diehard said:
"There are some very valid point about Halo in that video.  Every room does look exactly the same.  COD4 indeed was cool."

Yeah, I give him kudos for mentioning Halo's most dominant flaw; repetitive level designs.....apart from that he kinda came off as a douche and I have nothing against anyone hating Halo, its just that I feel like this guy is enforcing it or something."
True Story
Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Randolph

I downloaded HALO COMBAT EVOLVED to my Xbox 360, it's the best game ever made.  But no really, I like Halo.  I just started playing Halo 3 again, it's SP mode is very underrated, and quite frankly, pretty freaking rad.

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ma7moud

The first guys sound like he have never played a Halo game.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mourne
Xolare said:
"Relys said:

Agreed. Halo 3 WAS FUCKING HORRIBLE."
Coming from the guy who has a "shit list" in his profile that includes Gears of War. My guess? You never played either game (at least definitely not for more than an hour, each), and you definitely don't own an Xbox 360.
normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By normajean777
Xolare said:
"Relys said:

Agreed. Halo 3 WAS FUCKING HORRIBLE."
true very true Halo CE was bad ass 2 was good 3 was lame
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Like i said on youtube....i surmise from your videos that you hate halo but heres the thing you aren't forced to play the game so you dont have a right to complain, you weren't forced to take the shirt you could have throw it away, refused it, given it to someone or like the eb guy said burn it but hmmm oddly enough you took it and you still have it...which leads us to believe one simple thing you suck at halo therefor you must hate on it...by the way your opinion isn't really worthwhile if you actually shop at eb/gamestop.

breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By breton
WilliamRLBaker said:
you weren't forced to take the shirt you could have throw it away, refused it, given it to someone or like the eb guy said burn it but hmmm oddly enough you took it and you still have it...which leads us to believe one simple thing you suck at halo therefor you must hate on it...
Really? I mean.... Really?! That's the message you took from the situation?
by the way your opinion isn't really worthwhile if you actually shop at eb/gamestop.
What? Why? We're going to persecute people based on their convenient retail outlets now?
seakae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By seakae

I find it amazing that people watch themselves and they STILL decide to throw this stuff on the internet.

If I want to see repetition, I'll just watch these videos once.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
breton said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
you weren't forced to take the shirt you could have throw it away, refused it, given it to someone or like the eb guy said burn it but hmmm oddly enough you took it and you still have it...which leads us to believe one simple thing you suck at halo therefor you must hate on it...
Really? I mean.... Really?! That's the message you took from the situation?
by the way your opinion isn't really worthwhile if you actually shop at eb/gamestop.
What? Why? We're going to persecute people based on their convenient retail outlets now?
"
yes thats the message i got from it, why keep the shirt? he was not forced to take it he chose to take it and didn't throw it away or burn it that i saw. as for that any true gamer knows that ebgames is a crap place to shop they are forceful the workers dont know crap and its much easier to find games else where and even better online.
breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By breton
WilliamRLBaker said:
yes thats the message i got from it, why keep the shirt? he was not forced to take it he chose to take it and didn't throw it away or burn it that i saw. as for that any true gamer knows that ebgames is a crap place to shop they are forceful the workers dont know crap and its much easier to find games else where and even better online.
So, taking a free shirt you don't particularly like, and was generally forced upon you = you suck at halo? And I don't know what you mean by 'true gamers', but I find myself shopping at whateverthefuck store decides to stock my desired game. I don't care if the employees are 'overworked', or know even the slightest thing about games, I just want them to take my damn cash so I can get home to play.

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By DARKIDO07

I don't agree with him at all, Halo 3 isn't the greatest game ever, but it is pretty good. He never made a decent point. Only shoot stuff? That is every shooter out there buddy. Also there is Forge, Matchmaking, Theater, Picture Viewer, Campaign, Campaign with Co-Op, ect. You could totally hate the single player and still love Halo 3. Halo 3 has more re-play value than any other game I know. Saying a game sucks balls doesn't give us any insight on why you think it sucks.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ParanoidFreak

I also love Halo, there aren't many other games out there with such versatile multi-player. Most of you Halo haters just do it because it's the hip thing to do. When I play Call Of Duty 4 if I even mention Halo I get flamed, and it's just silly. It's not like you have to swear alliance to one game or console, you can enjoy them all. As long as this continues to happen in video game culture it will never get as big as movies are.  

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jayge_
ParanoidFreak said:
"I also love Halo, there aren't many other games out there with such versatile multi-player. Most of you Halo haters just do it because it's the hip thing to do. When I play Call Of Duty 4 if I even mention Halo I get flamed, and it's just silly. It's not like you have to swear alliance to one game or console, you can enjoy them all. As long as this continues to happen in video game culture it will never get as big as movies are.  "
Don't generalize me.
roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By roofy

This guy looks really high.
might explain the ranting.

jlaudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By jlaudio7

I agree Halo is a bit overrated, but its still a decent game.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By Karmum
ParanoidFreak said:
"I also love Halo, there aren't many other games out there with such versatile multi-player. Most of you Halo haters just do it because it's the hip thing to do. When I play Call Of Duty 4 if I even mention Halo I get flamed, and it's just silly. It's not like you have to swear alliance to one game or console, you can enjoy them all. As long as this continues to happen in video game culture it will never get as big as movies are.  "
It is "hip", to dislike a game from pretty much the start of the series?
Trickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Trickster

I thinks it wierd that the halo series seems to be either a love or hate relationship, a lot of people say they think halo is horrible, yet will say that CoD4's campaign which is 100% scripted and filled with invisible checkpoints to stop the infinite enemy spawn waves is a totally awesome experience.

btw is the OP the guy in the video?

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Player1

Yep, he kinda came off as a fanboy, but hes entitled to his opinion. 

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BoG

Oh, wow, this guy must post on internet forums, because his arguments are completely unoriginal. I've heard each of those ridiculous arguments before.

Fact is, once you play system link with a whole bunch of friends in a crowded basement with TVs and Xboxes scattered, yell at people in the other room, and enjoy a mountain dew, some pizza, and a bowl of M&Ms, you'll know why people love Halo.
valvefan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By valvefan84

Here are some of his video responses.

t67443

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By t67443

Halo 3 is good. Had good multiplayer a decent campaign and great content.

I have no clue as to why people want to tear it down from how good it was. Certainly it was not the best game ever but it is a very good game that speaks well of it's genre. The fact that people want to tear it down so much for no solid reason just shows that they are immature, like the guy in this video.

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44  Edited By DARKIDO07

Those two middle videos were just stupid. You can mod Halo levels to a point and the only level editor we have seen is Far Cry's. The next one was even more stupid. "Its just shooting." Well no crap, its a SHOOTER. All you do in Call of Duty 4 is shoot people. Please you can't tell me Halo 3 is redundant, boring, and repetitive and then turn around and say Call of Duty 4 rocks with a straight face.

HitNRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By HitNRun

I can tell from the person's face and the expression on it, in the preview shot, that he has nothing worthwhile to say.

You can judge a book by its cover.

Jecrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#46  Edited By Jecrell

Halo 3 was a waste of my money... definitely. I was surprised how unfulfilling and ultimately shallow the experience was.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Alexander

Halo is a good shooter. Not game of the year but it was a blast to play on coop. 

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By zitosilva

What a stupid video...

I must say, I personally don't like Halo... but saying that it's pure crap? Now that is just pushing whatever you want to say about...

It is though your mediocre, average, run of the mill shooter. But it pleases people who like shooters, and I guess that's good enough.

valvefan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By valvefan84

I guess we all shouldn't be too hard on the guy, he makes a great point in this video.
ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ParanoidFreak
Karmum said:
"ParanoidFreak said:
It is "hip", to dislike a game from pretty much the start of the series?"
If you do it just because everyone else is doing it, yes.