Hard mode in Shadow of the Colossus Remake

voightkampff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

What’s the difference between Normal and Hard mode in new SOTC? The same as in the original? Then remind me, is it anything else than the colossi having more weak points on Hard? Do you have less stamina, or take more damage?

Do you have to finish Normal mode to unlock Hard mode?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Is there supposed to be anything new about it?

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None as far as I know. Hard Mode in PS4 is the same as PS3 and PS2.

The more weak points thing is correct, and you take more damage as well. Not sure about stamina, been a while since I played it.

HeelBill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IGN has up one of those Prepare to Try series videos where the guy is playing in hard mode if you want to check it out.

voightkampff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Ok, but can you start playing the Hard mode right away, or do you have to finish Normal first? Can’t remember

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

That’s a bit of a shame. The game’s been around long enough Hard should just be available by default. At the time it made sense, as the game was so vague it might have seemed impenetrable with the additional weak and damage points. But the game’s been around long enough now, and the internet is so much more of a thing, that it’s be nice to have Hard available from the jump for veterans.

Unlike a lot of games, Hard didn’t mean harder so much as more intricate, and I’d probably prefer to play it that way from the beginning. I only got about six collisi in during my play of the PS3 version and that was partially due to the basic forms of each enemy feeling too simple, like tracing over old memories.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@voightkampff: @nicksmi56: @nodima: You don't have to unlock Hard mode: You're given a difficulty choice right at the start. They also added an Easy mode if you want to experience it again without the challenge. There's also a Photo Mode in this game so I might use Easy mode to help allow me to set-up great photos. (Source: Austin Walker said so in the Waypoint stream chat when Patrick Klepek streamed it last week).

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@dixavd said:

@voightkampff: @nicksmi56: @nodima: You don't have to unlock Hard mode: You're given a difficulty choice right at the start. They also added an Easy mode if you want to experience it again without the challenge. There's also a Photo Mode in this game so I might use Easy mode to help allow me to set-up great photos. (Source: Austin Walker said so in the Waypoint stream chat when Patrick Klepek streamed it last week).

Oh, cool! There goes a whole lot of words about nothing.

P.S. man was that Klepek stream illuminating as to how much of that game is seared into the back of my skull. Nothing made me Comic Book Guy chuckle to myself more than when he joked about needing no guide to get himself to the first colossus only to wander like a mile away from there, nor cringe harder than when he spent five minutes trying to climb Uncharted-style when everyone knows Shadow of the Colossus was made at a time when vines and moss were the standard climbing material, not architecture! I'm not looking forward to having to master that jump to the third colossus again, though. That jump has haunted me for over a decade.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dixavd: Huh, ok. Sorry for the misinformation, no source I looked at mentioned this, including the wiki, so I assumed it was the same.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By hippie_genocide

This is the first game that is actually making me ponder whether or not I should get a PS4 Pro. That DF video really made me want one.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@nicksmi56: It's okay to assume based on older games but just be sure to let the person know how you got to your conclusion, so as to not spread misinformation.