Has Ubisoft been giving away AC 3 Remastered?

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stantongrouse

I finally got Assassin's Creed Origins, and despite it making my PC have a bit of a headache to run, I've been really enjoying it. So when there was the free give away of AC Unity I thought I'd pick up AC Syndicate and AC Odyssey in the sale too - because I need about 300 hrs of game back log right now.

Anyway, to get to the point, I loaded up Uplay today and AC3 Remastered is sitting in my library. Checked my purchase to see if I'd added it unknowingly but I hadn't. After a quick search to see if I missed seeing an offer nothing seems to come up.

Is this like one of those U2 album on iTunes thing and we all just have it now or do I just have a random freebee?

(Also, in two years time when I finish AC Origins, which do I play next? Straight on to AC Odyssey or try an older one?)

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I believe the AC3 remaster was part of some Odyssey pack, but not available before some time this year.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ares42 Ahhh, that'll probably be it - I got the Odyssey Gold pack thing so it might have been a part of that. Cheers!

cogbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes it is part of the season pass so you did receive it with gold edition. It also looks includes the remaster of Liberation.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it appeared in my XBOX library out of nowhere and I read after the fact it was free if you got all the Odyssey DLC.

Somewhat related: that game (AC3: Remastered) is a nightmare factory, looks-wise. All of the people are terrifying, and the children? *shudder*

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethmode: It's funny you should mention horror children, I got to a story mission in Origins last night where I met a character's family. His son spent the entire meal with these dead, half opened eyes and unmoving smile that gave some truly terrifying mid-90s Japanese horror film vibe. I've found the general jank fine up to then - horses firing up into the sky, man merged with the carpets he was trying to sell, heck, even the textureless animals that happily roam around don't really bother. But that kid, nope, turned it off for the night after that.