Have they said which other movies they'll be going for this Film and 40's block?

jaisonsharma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My friends and I tend to get together and watch horror movies throughout October, and if possible I'd like to avoid watching a movie the night before they drop an episode on it. Figured there was a chance one of them may have dropped some hints on twitter or in some content I've missed.

betaband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think they've mentioned it. Personally I hope Dan picks Event Horizon :)

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By glots

Haven't heard anything besides that they are each picking a movie individually. I'd imagine this friday's one will appear in the upcoming section either today or tomorrow. Might also hear it in the Playdate today.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I wish they announced them a little more in advance so people could figure out streaming solutions or get a bluray shipped to them on time.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By soulcake

Did film and 40's get any better? the only one i watched was the face off one and that was just endless yelling through each other it didn't give the movie any extra value if they where even watching it at some point. I want to like the feature but i still got a sour taste in my mouth from the last one, which is weird cause i tend to like commentary tracks, MST3K, Red LetterMedia etc.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulcake said:

Did film and 40's get any better? the only one i watched was the face off one and that was just endless yelling through each other it didn't give the movie any extra value if they where even watching it at some point. I want to like the feature but i still got a sour taste in my mouth from the last one, which is weird cause i tend to like commentary tracks, MST3K, Red LetterMedia etc.

Not really ever since the Fast and Furious ones its been a downward spiral. I haven't been able to finish any of the commentaries after those movies. As you wrote, it usually always ends in yelling and other nonsense that doesn't add to anything.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulcake: Haven't watched the last three, but got around to Vampire's Kiss and Bad Lieutenant recently since they were on Prime, finally (I'm not paying extra for this shit). Those were tolerable because I believe Alex only watched either, and the others were more mesmerized with the movies than anything. Face/Off was bad and incoherent because most of them had seen it multiple times.

They just need to stick to movies none of them (or one of them) have seen instead of the more obvious, bro-y action movies.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@soulcake: I mean I'm more in it for the commentary then I am the movie so I'm in the camp that enjoys F&F no matter what more often than not. I've listened to these guys for damn near 10 years and I know their rapport. The fact that they sometimes can't stay on topic or they sometimes go off the rails is a feature, not a bug as far as I'm concerned. I know what I'm signing up for with a movie commentary with them and if I'm watching a movie and want to follow it and get absorbed in it I wouldn't do it with the commentary in the first place.

I get your criticism but in my opinion, knowing how these dudes operate it seems silly for me to sign up for this and then complain that they aren't staying on track the whole time. That's kind of the selling point at least for me. I would rather them be themselves then force something dryer so the movie can be more of the focus. If the movie is good their commentary never really detracted from my experience watching it but that's just me. I get where you're coming from.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hopefully Cabin in the Woods

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I just hope it's more glorious 80s horror cheese. Probably not, since I can't imagine anyone at GBE except for Alex (and maaaaaaaybe Vinny?) would be very familiar with 80s horror, but I'd pay extra just to see them do something like Basket Case or Killer Klowns.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By frytup

@soulcake said:

If you actually give a crap about the movies, you're probably not going to like them yammering over the dialogue. Since they're mostly watching what I consider to be very bad movies, I don't see it as a problem.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@soulcake said:

I guess it depends what you're there for. I didn't get into F&F until the F&F retrospective, half of those movies which I hadn't seen, and had a great time. Same thing with the Nic Cage retrospective, I'd seen the big hitters and missed the others but I loved hearing the crew react in real time to what was going on on screen. It's not like they're watching Once Upon a Time in America anyway, it's not hard to keep up with the movie if subtitles are on. Movies I legitimately liked while watching and drinking along that I hadn't seen, like Bad Lieutenant or, weirdly, Wicker Man, I watched a second time to take them on my own terms afterward.

But I'm the sort of GB consumer that's always caught off guard when the audience doesn't like something, thinks the crew is being aggressive or awkward or impersonal or uncooperative with each other, so I can just add this opinion to that bucket. I won't be watching the horror series this month, but that's primarily because I don't watch horror movies 99% of the time.

I hope Abby has noticed that The Lake House is available on Netflix right now, though. She's mentioned a F&F on that before and I would love to hear her walk Dan and Vinny through its logic.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltsmash: Hitcher should be good 80’s fun, but Premonition...well, it does have that nice looking poster.

I guess we’ll see soon. Maybe I’m just imagining that they had the last one up in the coming soon section a day before already.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

They have done Return of the Living Dead and Premonition and they are about to do Killer Klowns from Outer Space

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Holy shit, they're actually doing Killer Klowns. I cannot wait.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess this'll be a saturday viewing for me, since they still haven't uploaded a new commentary. Gotta sleep through the night without knowing if it'll be Jason X or The Thing...

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like it's Jason X! Im a happy chappy. Looking forward to this.

Im also surprised that no one did The Fly.

Avatar image for genericbrotagonist
GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@splodge: The description says "the first installment of our Vinny Caravella double feature" so we just might be getting both!