Have y'all ever romanced someone of the same sex in a game?

• 143 results
laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By laserbolts

yes because lesbians.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#52  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I can't remember ever doing that.

I usually play as male characters, and I have no interest in pursuing gay romance options. Don't know if you would call that homophobic, but whatevs.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Anund

Being a dude, I would have a hard time trying to score with another dude, even if I am playing as a girl in the game. This means that if there is an option I will go for the female love interest regardless of my character's gender. I guess I have a hard time distancing myself that much from the events taking place on the screen, specially when I am the one controlling them.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By PixelPrinny

A.

Married Lydia in Skyrim because she was the only character I felt had at least a (very loose) semblance of a relationship with my character. Sure our conversations amounted to little more than "I am swooorn to carry your burdens, siiiigh" when I was giving her armor to wear, and "Oh look, a cave. I wonder what's inside." AFTER we had just explored it, but the connection was there. It was real! I'm not delusional! Shut up! You're not my real mom!

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#55  Edited By jacksukeru

Doesn't really feel like it counts as a true example since it had a full on "project yourself, please" silent protagonist, but I played as a girl in Dragon's Dogma and ended up "choosing" some waitress NPC that had a couple of lines of dialogue that I liked.

The only reason I went for her is that because of the way the story works you have to pick someone, and there were basically no male characters that I saw as a fit for my character. They were either too old, or jerks (often both), or were lame (that one guy with the questline were he constantly got himself into trouble) or was some random NPC with a decent face but no personality. So instead I just opted for someone my own heterosexual self liked fine, which still sorta ended up clashing with the vague idea I had of who my character was.

Basically "Eh!" is what I'm saying to that whole situation.

Now Dragon's Dogma 2 better be havin' some charming-ass male characters or the adventures of Garoganne will end there and I'll either go male or dream up someone else who's lesbian/bi to begin with (not making you chose a love interest as part of the main story is another way they could go I guess).

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By Milkman

Not that I can remember, no.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By SeanFoster

I voted No but realized I had a husband in Fallout 2 so nevermind!

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@DizzyMedal: Ugh, I hope to never see another gay elf in DA. Freakin' twinks. GIVE US REAL MEN.

Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 25

#59  Edited By Lelcar

I prefer playing as female characters in games, I will always choose that gender if given the option. However, there are two exceptions:

1) Not in a game with romance-building options. Reason being that I just like flirting with the ladies as a man.

2) Not in a MMORPG. Reason being that I don't want people asking me if I'm actually a girl IRL and other awkward and annoying questions.

Generally though, I don't really care and there has been exceptions to those exceptions. That's just my preference.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Poll needs a lesbos yes gay dudes no option clearly; obviously the right answer is "Romancing in games is dumb" with the notable exception of the Witcher 2.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By flasaltine

No because romances in games are dumb and because it is gay.

defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By defaultprophet

No cause I put myself in the role and I wouldn't romance another dude.

bishna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By bishna

I always mean to, during a second playthrough. But typically games that give you the option are like 30 hour experiences, so I just end up playing FTL. I like to imagine that two of my Zoltan crew are getting it on in the engine room though. Where else is all that energy coming from?

xMEGADETHxSLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By xMEGADETHxSLY

lugi

DizzyMedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DizzyMedal

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@DizzyMedal: Ugh, I hope to never see another gay elf in DA. Freakin' twinks. GIVE US REAL MEN.

Fuck no, more twinks! MOAR!

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Spoonman671

I'm pretty sure that's how I got one or two of the trophies in Dragon Age: Origins. It's not like I was going to start up yet another character just so I could get those trophies the straight way.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By geirr

Whenever possible, yes!

It's a tad more awkward when it happens in Second Life though. Hrm.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#68  Edited By Lazyaza

My femshep boned Kaiden in me1, Garrus in me2 and Liara in me3. Probably good thing she died as she'd probably be riddled with some elaborate series of alien parasites.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Subjugation

No, because I'm heterosexual. I have absolutely zero interest in homosexual relations.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By toowalrus

I kissed on that dude in Bully quite a bit. Does that count?

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Iodine

I have romanced same gendered people in games because why not.

The real question is how many of you have romanced pigeons while playing as a human?

Damn you Hatoful Boyfriend, I want my sanity back

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#72  Edited By Little_Socrates

I honestly don't play that many games which incorporate romance relationships, let alone same-sex romances (looking at you, P4.) But I romance the character I'm most interested in, and that tends to be a woman.

And Asari may not count in general, but my attachment to Liara is based on her femininity. I played as Dutch Model Shepard, and we chose Liara. If I play the series again as Lady Shepard, it'll be Liara all over again. As far as that franchise goes, I'm bound to her.

Oh, and Journey is remarkable in that it kind of makes you fall in love with your co-op partner if you have a consistent co-op partner for a large portion of the game, regardless of gender. See Jeff's Journey story to know what I'm talking about.

panvixyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By panvixyl

Yeah, 'cause I like to play as a lady and sometimes romance options are limited.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#74  Edited By BeachThunder

Always be lesbianing!

(and the Asari do count, don't lie )=)

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Branthog

Not that I can recall, but I do remember how pathetically desperate Mass Effect 3 was to make sure you got laid that practically every male character either wanted to bang your male Shepard or *seemed* like they wanted to, simply for being nice to them. I kind of found that off-putting in its over-simplistic and aggressive way. Maybe I'd find it even worse if I were gay.

I think it'd be cool to play a gay character or something, though. Imagine playing a less-offensive (to the gay community) sort of Willem Dafoe Boondock Saints sort of character in a Heavy Rain style game. That'd be pretty neat.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Aetheldod

Yes ... but only girls because I play girls in games and I dont like gay men ( How can men like other men? ... men we are so disgusting and shit , but that is just me , so the world can keep turnin)

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#77  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I have not played a ton of games where you romance people. It is practically never done well and most of those games star men. Or I picked a male, like in Mass Effect. The only example I can think of where I even could have done that is playing Cinders. But I shut down Tobais's advanced and never cared to life the royal life.

So, no, I have not.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78  Edited By Animasta

@BeachThunder said:

Always be lesbianing!

(and the Asari do count, don't lie )=)

they are a single gender race.

their offspring are conceived with MIND SHENANIGANS.

they are only women because they needed a hot race to supplement the ugly races of salarians and turians

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By kindgineer

No. In order for me to want to romance them there has to be some sort of sexual attraction; and I'm sorry I don't have any towards men.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By HerbieBug

@Jimbo said:

My FemShep ain't need no man.

Ditto. As a matter of fact, my lady Shepard remained celibate during the entirety of ME2 for lack of available female companionship. I thought for sure tattoo girl would be down for some action but it wasn't to be. D:

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By izzygraze

Nah. I'm a generally heterosexual male. Same as ck1nd, I need to like the character to romance them. If I romanced a male character then it would just be as a lark. But also in all the games that I have played with gay romance options(fable, dragon age, mass effect) the male romance options are pretty lame. Kaidan or jacob? Nope. And I am not onboard with Garrus. He is a badass but that scaly exterior with those devil eyes don't really turn me on. I did consider Zehvran though.

I might have male romanced in one of the fable games though. The female options could be pretty lame sometimes. I did bang a male prostitute in fable but I don't count that as romancing. Especially when it was in an 8 way.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Turambar

@Fredchuckdave said:

Poll needs a lesbos yes gay dudes no option clearly; obviously the right answer is "Romancing in games is dumb" with the notable exception of the Witcher 2.

Did that game have romancing? Thought it was just straight up fucking. Well...Trish I suppose, but that wasn't so much romancing considering it was a per-constructed relationship.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#83  Edited By Rhaknar

Im pretty sure I romanced a lady while playing as a lady in some game, I cant remember which one. And I romanced Alistair in Dragon Age Origins while playing as a female, when Im a male, does that count? Wasnt even weird, made sense for the character.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#84  Edited By Hizang

In out out my friend, although I think everybody who played The Sims did too.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#85  Edited By mike

@Branthog said:

Not that I can recall, but I do remember how pathetically desperate Mass Effect 3 was to make sure you got laid that practically every male character either wanted to bang your male Shepard or *seemed* like they wanted to, simply for being nice to them. I kind of found that off-putting in its over-simplistic and aggressive way.

While playing Mass Effect 3, I felt like the heavy-handedness of some of that stuff may have been in direct response to the flak EA caught for not having any homosexuality at all in Mass Effect 2. It was almost as if they were saying, "Hey! Look how inclusive and diverse we are being!" They tried way too hard and it ended up feeling forced.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By mandude

I think romancing in games is generally stupid and shoehorned in. The only romance option that I ever felt added anything to a game and had some sort of significance was The Morrigan in Dragon Age.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Hunter5024

@MB said:

@Branthog said:

Not that I can recall, but I do remember how pathetically desperate Mass Effect 3 was to make sure you got laid that practically every male character either wanted to bang your male Shepard or *seemed* like they wanted to, simply for being nice to them. I kind of found that off-putting in its over-simplistic and aggressive way.

While playing Mass Effect 3, I felt like the heavy-handedness of some of that stuff may have been in direct response to the flak EA caught for not having any homosexuality at all in Mass Effect 2. It was almost as if they were saying, "Hey! Look how inclusive and diverse we are being!" They tried way too hard and it ended up feeling forced.

They had this same problem in Dragon Age 2 with Anders. I'd hoped they learned their lesson for Mass Effect 3, and to be fair, at least there's an "I'm straight Dawg." option unlike DA2.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#88  Edited By bacongames

@Hunter5024 said:

@MB said:

@Branthog said:

They had this same problem in Dragon Age 2 with Anders. I'd hoped they learned their lesson for Mass Effect 3, and to be fair, at least there's an "I'm straight Dawg." option unlike DA2.

Luckily I avoided that altogether by playing as a female in DA2, which I ended up having a "complicated" relationship with Anders.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Ghostiet

Yes, because I generally play female characters, since they have better voice acting and most of the time female characters have more interesting story arcs.

@Hunter5024 said:

@MB said:

@Branthog said:

But there is. The only way to initiate romance is to choose an answer with a golden heart icon. Sure, you get a drop in friendship points, but it's so tiny it doesn't make any difference at this point of the game. Not to mention that the entire point of the DA series is that, unlike ME, it's impossible to please everyone.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By konig_kei

If by same sex you mean my character in game with another character of the same sex then yes cause lesbians and if you meant my real life gender with a character of the same sex then yes cause Garrus is awesome.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#91  Edited By Humanity

Garrus.. our time was special.. with all that lubricant.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By TheHT

I accidentally romanced Cortez, Anders, and Zevran. Also Jack and Liara.

Romance in games is fine, but they should be more clear which dialogue options are 'supportive leader' and which are 'TRYIN A GIT WITCHU'.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Hunter5024

@Ghostiet said:

Yes, because I generally play female characters, since they have better voice acting and most of the time female characters have more interesting story arcs.

@Hunter5024 said:

But there is. The only way to initiate romance is to choose an answer with a golden heart icon. Sure, you get a drop in friendship points, but it's so tiny it doesn't make any difference at this point of the game. Not to mention that the entire point of the DA series is that, unlike ME, it's impossible to please everyone.

You had the option to turn him down, but not because your character is straight. If I remember the moment I'm thinking of correctly your options are basically either to lead him on, or to be an asshole to him. No "I'm Straight, but we can be friends" or "I am totally dating one of the other party members standing right next to us" or "I don't like you that way" options. It was pretty bad roleplaying design.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By xyzygy

C, but not really... I wouldn't really choose the option solely because of it. If there was a completely hateful guy and a really cool girl that my character had to choose between, I'd choose the girl because she's just cooler. It doesn't really boil down to "I'm gay so I will always pick male companions in video games" for me. But with that said, it is obviously a deciding factor and I usually look at romancing the guys first. Just if they suck I don't pick them. If it's a game like Skyrim or something where characters don't really have personalities I have legions of both husbands and wives across the country lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Hunter5024 said:

@Ghostiet said:

@Hunter5024 said:

You had the option to turn him down, but not because your character is straight. If I remember the moment I'm thinking of correctly your options are basically either to lead him on, or to be an asshole to him. No "I'm Straight, but we can be friends" or "I am totally dating one of the other party members standing right next to us" or "I don't like you that way" options. It was pretty bad roleplaying design.

No, the answer when he flirts with you is just a straight "No." You can put whatever you want behind it.

I've played lady characters who've had sex with women, and I've played lady characters who've had sex with men (which are technically someone of the same sex for me). I don't think I've ever played a male character who sexed up a male character, aside from grabbing them cheevos with Zevran. They just haven't presented gay male options that appeal to me in the rare occurrence that I'm not playing a lady already (or there isn't already a lady that I'm crushing on).

I fucked Benny from New Vegas..! Take that, Matthew Perry.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By zaccheus

My female heroine had a wife in Skyrim, which doesn't really mean much... That's the only one I can think of since Asari doesn't count.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Hunter5024

@Brodehouse: I don't think that's right. There's a lot of different conversations we could be talking about, but in the one I'm thinking of there was either a flirty heart option, or a red option, and when I chose the red option my Hawke was a dick and Anders got mad at me. Also I don't think there's ever a choice in that game where Hawke actually gives a one word answer like "No" because it clashed with their divergent personalities mechanic.

Edit: Actually I'm pretty sure it was arrows, not red.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only to get trophies/achievements or if it gave you better benefits like upgrades/gear/xp

RX_78_2_Ver_Ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By RX_78_2_Ver_Ka

Ditto. I romanced Zevran in Dragon Age Origins while I was playing as a male elf rogue 'cuz I wanted that sweet, sweet cheevo. I would've done Alastair on the same playthrough but he doesn't swing that way. :(

Aterons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Aterons

I would have in the bioware games but no matter how hard you try they don't let you fuck the Elcor.

But in all seriousness, no, i only play males in RPG's because you "understand" your character better if you are "more alike" from a thinking pov, that and how female character are treated in general in RPGs being given the role of "eye candy", which kinda dilutes your role as "hero" imho.

In the case that i had a female character i would see no problem romancing a female, hell... i would always do that. In the case of male on male, count me the fuck out.

Than again, the last game that I did a romance in was Dragon age Origins 3 years ago because i wanted to go with Morrigan trough the mirror thingy and return as an all-powerful mage that has a demon child :p