have you ever fallen from gaming?

jeanespinosa21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So i just spent probably like 200$ this summer playing games because about three years ago i was so done with games i just felt like it was fps after fps and it didnt really grab me like it used except for ac1 and 2 and uncharted i stayed away from gaming and after what happened to the AC franchise i left even more but after playing the last of us i had to buy more of these games and i got back into gaming which thank goodness because its been a great year for games! So have you ever been bored with games?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

No, not really.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah, one year I stopped playing games for about 6 months. Probably back in the middle of the PS2 era. No real reason. Now I might take a week or two off, but usually get a good 10-20 hours in a week gaming. More if I'm heavily invested in a game.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there definitely are times i feel so burnt out either because i spent a lot of time on a really good game or just got extremely tired of the same games over and over again. They usually last a week or two until something comes along and sparks my interest in gaming again.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Yep, it happens to everyone at some point. Once you reach a certain exposure to anything it can lose some of it's appeal. That's when it's time to put your hobby on an indefinite hiatus and come back at a later point with a fresh perspective.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sure. It ebbs and flows in my life.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Happens to everyone except me, seemingly. Or maybe I just haven't hit that point yet? At 21?

Dalerax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been in a gaming funk for years. A funk where I love following gaming news and watching other people play, but just can't bring myself to actually play. I really can't put my finger on why that is, and it drives me crazy.

It started when we had a daughter in 2009, but she's old enough now that I have the time available to play... and still can't do it. I put over 100 hours into the Mass Effect trilogy recently, which was a nice change of pace. I'll play some games like Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider, but I only average a few hours a week of gaming. Meanwhile, my backlog gets bigger and bigger.

One reason I have found that I don't want to game as much is my lack of friends to do it with. I'm trying to alleviate that by being a part of communities like this rather than lurking on the forums. We'll see how that goes.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Strife777

BLASPHEMY!

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dalerax said:

I've been in a gaming funk for months. A funk where I love following gaming news and watching other people play, but just can't bring myself to actually play. I really can't put my finger on why that is.

And this is me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Been playing games for more than 20 years and I never stop.... I think I have a problem?

I might not buy a new game for a couple months, but that just means I play old games while I wait for something to catch my attention.

And I agree; the fps boom a couple years back was dumb.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

There was about two years worth of time where I didn't play games. I'm pretty certain the whole of 1999 was video game-less.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah, there was a period between 2005 to 2007 where I played absolutely nothing - and it isn't like I didn't have any consoles, I had a Gamecube, PS2 and Xbox sitting right there. I was just burnt on video games for some reason. I still actively followed gaming during that time, just had no desire to play anything.

Possible reason: Leading up to that lull, I was just out of high school with a crappy job and a lot of time on my hands so I played a lot of Halo 2, Project Gotham 2 and Tribes Aerial Assault (PS2) online. The hundreds of hours I spent playing each of those games ended up burning me out on games period for awhile.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only when I'm moderately or more depressed. Which is weird. There will be random months where I just can't get into ANYTHING and stop playing games, but then when things are better in life I get really happy and enthusiastic about games, to the point of literally saying, out loud, "I FUCKING LOVE VIDEO GAMES SO MUCH GODDAMNIT" to my friends.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This has yet to happen to me. I could feel it starting up but when the new consoles were announced it made me even more interested so I avoided it. I have no idea what I would do with myself if I completely stopped playing games. I don't have that many hobbies and I don't hang out with friends very often so I'd be lost.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes, But GTA 5 will be the saving grace.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait. This is not a thread about Kinect-based injuries?

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No I never have, and I doubt I ever will.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I skipped the latter half of the PS1 generation and the entire PS2/Gamecube/Xbox generation because of school and no money after finishing school. When I finally started holding down a steady job, catching up with an entire generation of games in a matter of months was awesome! Except for Jak II, that game can go fuck itself. So incredibly frustratingly hard. I loved the first Jak, barely managed to finish the second, and never played the third because of the maddening difficulty of the second.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Specific games, sure. But never gaming as a whole.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think so, I have times I feel less/more like playing but never nothing. However, with the life expenses I'll have this fall (winter tires for the car) and my growing interest in photography among other things, I am pondering cutting back on gaming related expenses in order to afford more lenses and such things. So I am contemplating making much more controlled purchases next generation and only going for one game at a time that really holds an interest instead of my "let's buy a ton of games and try to play them all at the same time" philosophy of old.

ASIAN_LAWYER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i fell this year, too lazy to get back up. funny how i join a video-game forum during this crisis.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I don't spend every waking moment to play video games, and I have taken an occasional hiatus from actual video game playing in order to stay productive with other outside activities. One thing I don't shy away from is keeping up with video game news. I don't want to feel out of the loop when it comes to something being announced or interesting articles that might keen my interests.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All about that Grand theft auto son!

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8