Have you ever given away/received a game?

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mosespippy

I don't mean as a gift for Christmas or a birthday. I just mean as a "Hey I got this thing I don't need anymore, do you want it?" sort of deal. I was looking through my collection recently and noticed a few games that I got for free and some that I gave away.  

Back in the day I bought a collection of EA games, which I believe was called The Blue Box or The Blue Collection (There was also a Red version). It had 10 EA PC games. One of them was Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. A few years later I bought the Need For Speed Collection, which was NFS2 up until NFS6, which I consider to be all the good NFS games so far. So I had two copies of Hot Pursuit. I had a friend whose mom was rather strict and wouldn't let him play shooters or anything with violence. I gave him my spare copy of Hot Pursuit. The PC version of Hot Pursuit 2 is garbage compared to the PS2 version. I bought the PS2 version and gave away the PC version to another friend. 

I've also received games for free just because people didn't need it anymore. When I was in high School I had a friend who had a mod chip in his PS1. He could play burnt off games. He got Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 for Christmas, burnt off a copy for himself and gave me the original. I had already played the PS2 and Gamecube versions, but I didn't own them. Sure the PS1 version is inferior, but I'd rather have it than nothing.  Another game I got for free was High Velocity Bowling. I had a clan mate who was a Qore subscriber. At one point Qore gave away download codes to it's subscribers but he already owned a copy, so he posted the code to the clan's forum. 

Right now I have 2 copies of Valkyria Chronicles, but no one I know well has a PS3 to use it with, so I'll hold onto it for now. I'll probably give it away eventually.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

I won that Serious Sam HD thing a while back.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By unchained

I was given SOCOM: Navy Seals as a gift from my brother-in-law. While gesture was very kind, I really didn't care for that game. I hold onto it though because it is a gift. 

Chirag4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Chirag4

Friend of a friend gave me some wrestling game on the Gamecube that he'd gotten off his grandmother. Turns out he didn't even have a Gamecube so I got the game. Pretty cool of the guy.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MeierTheRed

Yes i have given away games before.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By SteamPunkJin

Ended up with 2 copies of Dragon Age due to a shipping error - gave one to my friend but he promptly sold it like a dickhead.
Have a second set of RB1 gear laying around with a similar fate in mind, but I want it to go to someone who isn't just turn around and sell it for Bioshock 2 of all fucking things -_-

And apparently I don't have nice friends, never gotten a game, code or shit from them. Assholes.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By BraveToaster

I gave Drakengard 1 and 2 to my sister and I regret it.

lsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lsummers

I was given Age of Empires, which is what got me into pc gaming back in the day.  Since then I've given out a few, one being Star Wars: Demolition for the playstation.  

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By melcene

We gave our entire RB1 bundle to our neighbor down the street when we got RB2.  He was the only person we knew that would really appreciate/enjoy it, had a 360, and had the space for it.  What's funny about this is we HAVE had to go knock on his door and ask to borrow the drumsticks back, or the mic back when something happened to ours.

Videogames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Videogames

Yes, I have friends who play games and probably have about 12 xbox 360 games from various friends laying around, and I probably have 12 of my games laying around at friends houses.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iam3green

i let my friend borrow left 4 dead for xbox 360. we both worked at the same place over the summer and he kept on forgetting to bring it in. he kept the game. i'm still kind of mad about it and not, because the PC version is better. i got left 4 dead 2 on the PC i thought it was so much better. 

valve is nice and gives free stuff to their PC people but not xbox 360. the other week i was playing xbox 360 saw there was left 4 dead 2 DLC. i looked on the PC to find out that it was free. i was happy about that.

Voldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Voldy

I always let one of my friends borrow my games, but he is not really a gamer and has a crappy laptop, this partly because he has dyslexia and dyspraxia. He prefers to play on his Xbox though. He's just recently completed Jedi Academy and Age of Empires for the first time... he really needs to get a decent gaming PC.