Have you ever taken a day off work for a Video Game? (Poll)

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Red12b
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Red12b

I chose C, 

I have also just taken a day off to relax and chill out whilst playing Video Games/do stuff around the house... 

Would you take a day off work to exclusively play a Videogame?

(I did not include School, as I believe work is more of a responsibility, but please choose the corresponding answer if you are at school.)

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By c1337us

Not work that I can think of but school yes, many times. My annual leave this year though will be dedicated to lounging around and playing games though. And I have been to launch events though just didn't stop me from fronting up to work. Launch parties aren't too common around were I live anymore though. Not since Ultimate Games closed and Gametraders Carousel become total shit.

immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By immike

I take days off whenever I feel like I need em. I do not feel this way very often and take pride in my work. For that reason, a day off here and there never hurts.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Captain_Insano

Never with the sole purpose of playing a game. I have had the occasional day off work (well my old job anyway) because I felt like I needed some time out and relaxation, and this would often include playing games, but I have never had a day off where my sole intention was gaming.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Evilsbane

Every Halo launch except the first (Edit: not ODST), Gears of War, and Fallout 3 I have been to the Midnight launch and took the next day off for Halo 3 and Gears 1.

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mattjam3000

I did this for GTA 4. Silly me

HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By HypoXenophobia

Never, mainly because I enjoy money. Though, when I bought my first Xbox, I bought Silent Hill 2, and then got sick on the way home. It sucked being bedridden while my new console stayed untouched.

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By DragoonKain1687

I have to go with A, there are no midnight releases here so I cant choose C :( 

Still, I own the place where I work, so I can take a "day off" to play whenever I want. Most of the times I choose not to, I dont trust that much in my employees, somehow, they manage to create problems when I am out.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HandsomeDead

I took plenty of days of school for games. At least in sixth form, I was known as a good enough student and an honest enough lad to get away with it. 'Can't make the lesson on Friday, Gears of War is out, so let mek now what you're doing and i'll catch up.'

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Red12b
@DragoonKain1687:  
My I ask what does your company do?
Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By DragoonKain1687
@Red12b said:
" @DragoonKain1687:  My I ask what does your company do? "
We are the biggest fly fishing distributor down where I live, which is Argentina. XD Took me and my family some time, but now we are doing more than well.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By AhmadMetallic

it hasnt happened to me before to have a great game released on a work day, but if it happens, you bet your ass i'd skip work that day.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ProfessorEss

For Grand Theft Auto 3.

threeve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By threeve

Before I got married I picked up WoW Burning Crusade at midnight, and probably installed when I got home and maybe logged in and scoped out the new area a little bit, but I was at work bright and early the next morning.  Nowadays that kind of behavior is out of the question :)

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Bouke

I've taken time off of work for a bunch of games. Most recent i took a week off to play Forza Motorsports 3 after launch, ended up finishing Uncharted 2 and Infamous aswell!
Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Meltac

Nope, never, and imo it seems a bit silly to do, when it's solely because of a game.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ProfessorEss

When I was playing Fallout 3 there were days where I probably should've taken the day off - instead of sitting at work staring at my screen thinking about Fallout 3.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Yukoei

Took a day off school for both GTAIV and Little Big Planet.

Sinatra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sinatra

I have yet to do it but I would. I almost took the day off for the release of Bad Company 2 but luckily the release of it fell on my day off. I might take off for Halo: Reach when it is released.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zeforgotten

C: GTA IV Midnight Launch and then playing it the day after. 
My boss called and said something like "So you got the GTAIVirus too huh?" (He said the letters IV, not "four") and he just chuckled and said "oh well, I expect a written review with sparkles on it when it's time for the review to be done!".. 

And back in the days I was in th hospital, with my own room which had it's own TV. 
I had to bring my PS2 along because SOTC had just come out. 
Doesn't really count but having food delivered too you while you're in a bed and playing games = Good times

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By Gabriel

took a day of High school off a couple of years ago to play GTA 4

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

If you're desperate to play a game and you're in a relationship - family, girlfriend, whatever - then taking a day off of work is more acceptable than if you were single. If you're single and you're taking days off to play video games, there's something wrong with you. Single men - you know, pizza boxes lying around the apartment, whatever - taking days off when they've got all night to play a game when they come back from work just seems wrong to me. And by wrong, I mean socially wrong. Go to work, people!

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Red12b
@ZanzibarBreeze:  
What if you work night shift? 
Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Nasar7

I have taken a day off from school and played video games and I've been to midnight launches of games, but never one because of the other.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#26  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I have certainly taken a day off Homework to play games, but I have never skipped school for one.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By zeforgotten
@Red12b: Then you are socially wrong, you know! GOD!  
Seriously though, according to ZanzibarBreeze I did something wrong. 
Back when I was single I didn't have pizza boxes lying around my "Apartment" (which is really a house) and it was clean and stuff. 
Apparantly, I wasn't being a socially handicapped person. Which you are when you have a job and no girlfriend or wife, you know.. :P  
Makes total sense, right? 
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By iam3green

no, i have only gone to midnight release. i remember when gta 4 came out i went there in the morning and there was still a line. it was funny. i wasn't expecting people to get it in the morning. i wanted to play the game a little before school but that didn't happen.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@Red12b:  Play during the day. Just like if you worked 9 to 5, you would play in the evening.

The only reason why I slightly condone such behavior if one is in a relationship is that you should be spending quality time with your significant other in the evening instead of playing vidyah games for long periods of time. Unless you've been married for more than two years, at which point spending hours on the couch playing vidyah games on the evening becomes more acceptable.
JWawin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JWawin

A midnight release followed by an all nighter is always a great time!