Have you played more than 75% of the game GB crew discuss/will discuss in GOTY this year?

• 52 results
Geralt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Have you played more than 75% of the game GB crew discuss/will discuss in GOTY this year? (200 votes)

Of course! 38%
Don't be ridiculous! 62%

I was just wondering. For a enthusiast website like Giantbomb, how many of its members actually ready for GOTY deliberation podcast.

I'm pondering over the option of holding the GOTY consumption until I can finish most of this year game...should take about a month.

• 
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I dunno, give me a list.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By hermes

I thought I was up to date (or close), until they started talking about Proteus and some other stuff.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not at all. Certainly won't stop me or anyone else from judging them for their poor GOTY choices though!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

I spent most of this year diving into Japanese games and, more specifically, Atlus's catalog. Nah, not even close. I don't even know what Puppeteer is.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I can't really make an exact count since there is no official list, but I think it's at least close to 75%. Especially since they talked about Puppeteer a lot and none of them had played that much of it (I played the demo). I think I'm as qualified as they are when it come to playing games that came out this year.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

75% of them all? No. 50%? Maybe. Short free things like Bubsy3d.com and Candy Box 1 & 2 help with the averages though.

Have I played 75% of the games that they will talk about that actually interest me? Yes.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

dont think i have, have not played anything this year.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On my list of stuff I want to play and haven't gotten to yet is: Papers, please, Last of us, Brothers, and all next/now gen games and nintendo stuff. Really the only current gen stuff I want to play is resogun and dead rising. I do always love these lists cause I hear of stuff for the first time. So far sounddodger is something I've got to look into.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

The thing is I don't have the gaming stamina of 6 people. I'm only one guy and the dozen or so 2013 games I played this year is high for me personally.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of games that they talk about are games they've been talking about all year. Even though I've played very few games that they'll discuss, mainly any PC game as I don't have the proper hardware to play most PC games, I feel like I've watched them play most of these games to still enjoy the deliberation.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Probably not, I've bought very few new games this year.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ive played me some games. Though, Im in foreign territory whenever nintendo comes into the mix.

dr_mantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I played quite a few, but there were a lot of games. It seems like they themselves haven't played most of them, just one or two of them have.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only major thing I haven't finished is GTAV. Probably never will unless it comes to PC.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

In years past I have played the majority of big games they would talk about. Was nice as it freed me from spoilers and gave me games to root for in their discussion. This year I have not so much done that. Today's categorys are going to be hurting. I don't want games like Last of Us and Gone Home spoiled but I will listen anyway, because who knows when I will get to them.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By probablytuna

I think I'm gonna skip most of the GOTY deliberations this year until I've finished The Last of Us and GTA V. Really don't want them spoiled for me.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Not me. I really haven't played too many of the indie and smaller games this year yet. I'm usually pretty behind on those but then they start hitting big on stuff like Steam sales and I ended up getting them.

Kind of been this way for me a few times in the last couple years and last year it would have made a huge deal on my GOTY thoughts (with Hotline Miami for example, which was better than advertised to be through GOTY talk).

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thatdutchguy

Nope... i only played Bioshock infinite ,last of us, Animal Crossing, Deus Ex HR ,SSX,Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, ICO,Vanquish, Deadly Premonition,Okami HD, GTA5 this year,that's quite a few games but not nearly 75 %

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Nope because they won't mention a lot of the games I liked.

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By erhard

I barely play video games.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only major thing I haven't finished is GTAV. Probably never will unless it comes to PC.

I'm in the same boat. I absolutely refuse to play it until it comes out on PC, PS4 or XBOne

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flacracker said:

I'm in the same boat. I absolutely refuse to play it until it comes out on PC, PS4 or XBOne

It's going to come to PC at least.

Anyways, I loved it on 360 but it would be amazing looking on PC. It's only a matter of time.

It was maybe my best looking game of the year and I was a little dissapointed not to hear it brought up on GOTY. I think I'd probably just have to put Bioshock Infinite over it.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know about 75%, but for the first time I feel like I don't have to worry about spoilers.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm typically about two years late when it comes to playing games, so hell no. I at least know what most of the games actually are this year though. I have plenty of spoilers to worry about though as I'm still working on Infinite and Tomb Raider and I'm still very far off from purchasing The Last Of Us.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played a lot of games this year. Enough that I don't care about spoilers. I don't know about 75% of them though

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By BBAlpert

The only thing I'm worried about being spoiled (which isn't even a story thing) is whatever "that one scene" is in DmC Devil May Cry that they were hinting at. Whatever "that one scene" is, I don't know, but from the way they talked about it, it sounds pretty incredible.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I played, like, 3 games that might possibly be in contention for something (tomb raider and blood dragon and antichamber)

so no

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I mean, I haven't done the math but yeah, probably.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i bought a ton of games this year (not really AAA titles and not all released this year) but barely have completed any. it's a really bad problem. i think (one) of my new year's resolutions will be to clear the crap out of my backlog and not buy anymore damn games until then. :D

also i just started playing DmC and hell if isn't damn entertaining, regret not picking it up sooner.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, not even close. I have to budget my game purchases, so i typically only get one game a month? sometimes skip a month, sometimes two games in one month. But yeah. There are a couple games i did not play but i can follow conversation about them. The Last of Us, i watched on youtube, some guy edited together all the gameplay and inventory stuff so it watched alot like a movie I also didnt play Bioshock Infinite but ive had that game so ruinously spoiled for me several times that i said screw it and just spoiled the rest for myself.

I could list off the games that i did and didn't play but i don't think anyone cares. But no, theres alot of games i didn't play but would like to. And alot of games that i look at and have no interest in.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My current blindspots are Assassins Creed IV, Super Mario 3d World, Saints Row IV, Guacamelee and The Swapper. I've played basically everything else I'm interested in that seems like it might come up.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Yah, but then again sometimes I feel as if I play more games than the Bomb Crew does and I don't even get paid for it (I mainly do it because playing games is fun).

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I've probably played half or something like that. Actually maybe a little less. A lot of the big hits this year were very much not up my alley.

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played about 2%. Busy year.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By laserguy

I dont play 75% percent of what I buy.

Geralt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Geralt

The fact that 2 out of 5 people here have played more than 75% (or somewhere around that) of the major and "important" games released this year is pretty impressive.

I'm quite surprised to be honest. Last year I've managed to play every top 10 games (the site list) and the feeling you get when listening to the deliberation podcast was something else. I missed that this year. Life just got in the way.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Oddly enough, the podcasts have been a good motivator to stay current on games and finish the more story-intensive ones. I probably would've stupidly skipped Bioshock if it wasn't for these.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#42 jeanluc  Staff

I've played a far number of games this year (39 to be exact), but I still missed games like Brothers, Beyond Two Souls, etc. So I don't know, maybe? I try to get gaming in whenever I can, but college has been really weighing me down this year.

maverick1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nope and it sucks cause I don't want any spoilers until I play them. oh well guess I'll just miss out on the discussion.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a job.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played most of the top contenders, 75% is like HoF ballot stupidity though.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played probably %75 of the mainstream releases they talk about. When it comes to all the indi and browser stuff I'm more miss than hit for lack of available time and proper platform.

hint: I don't have a PC

mclargepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

I think the only ones I haven't played at all are A Link Between Worlds and Metal Gear Rising, and none of the XOne games. There are definitely games I missed this year but they don't seem to be coming up often at all.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#48  Edited By cornbredx

I've only not played one or two.

Otogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not at all, to the point that I think I've only played Saint's Row IV this year. I've been mostly going through older games via mods or on GOG. Can't afford new consoles, can't afford most new retail games (or even slightly older retail games) and even games like Swapper, Paper's Please and Gone Home are just games I can't get.

Tell you what, though, it's been a great year for Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 3, Fallout 1, Civ V, Kentucky Route Zero, Arcanum, Chivalry and Under a Killing Moon.

Zornack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the only thing I haven't played yet that they've discussed is The Stanley Parable, which I'll probably play later tonight. I'm sure it'll come up in Best Moment/Sequence and I'd rather not have it spoiled.