Where the hell is my health on the HUD?

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

This general discussion topic linking bug is pretty funny.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By turboman

For most games, it's on the upper left of the screen 
for Dead Space, it's on your back 
if you don't see it, maybe there's a menu option 

I could get more specific, but I have no clue what game your talking about

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By warxsnake

in before general discussion jokes.

Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper

I think you forgot to tell us what game you're talking about. Unless you recently installed a HUD inside your head.

Also I'll take this time to say I hate the fact there's no HP meter/monitor/counter in the HUD in BF Bad Company 2. You just get bloodshot for a few seconds but your HP doesn't regen (or it does slightly?) and med packs don't make a sound as they heal you unless you're healing another person, it's really hard to tell when you're full up on health or if you can risk running across a street without getting killed by a sniper.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Suicidal_SNiper said:
"  I think you forgot to tell us what game you're talking about. Unless you recently installed a HUD inside your head. "
This is obviously what he was referring to, don't you have one?
CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By CastroCasper

20 bucks says he is talking about Bioshock 2.

Tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Tomarlyn
@kurtdyoung said:

"20 bucks says he is talking about Bioshock 2. "

I'll take your bet and raise you Bad Company 2 

@Suicidal_SNiper said:

" I think you forgot to tell us what game you're talking about. Unless you recently installed a HUD inside your head.  Also I'll take this time to say I hate the fact there's no HP meter/monitor/counter in the HUD in BF Bad Company 2. You just get bloodshot for a few seconds but your HP doesn't regen (or it does slightly?) and med packs don't make a sound as they heal you unless you're healing another person, it's really hard to tell when you're full up on health or if you can risk running across a street without getting killed by a sniper. "

According to a Gamespot preview I read it doesn't regen, I wish there was some kind of indicator.
turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By turboman

some games intentionally don't have health meters, like Call of Duty... it borrows from the "Halo" system of regeneratable health

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@Tomarlyn said:
" @kurtdyoung said:

@Suicidal_SNiper said:

" I think you forgot to tell us what game you're talking about. Unless you recently installed a HUD inside your head.  Also I'll take this time to say I hate the fact there's no HP meter/monitor/counter in the HUD in BF Bad Company 2. You just get bloodshot for a few seconds but your HP doesn't regen (or it does slightly?) and med packs don't make a sound as they heal you unless you're healing another person, it's really hard to tell when you're full up on health or if you can risk running across a street without getting killed by a sniper. "

According to a Gamespot preview I read it doesn't regen, I wish there was some kind of indicator. "
Yeah, it's a pretty fucked up system. It's like they took the old health pack design, took away the indicator, and replaced it with bloodshot that doesn't even mean anything. 
Tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tomarlyn
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" @Tomarlyn said:
" @kurtdyoung said:

@Suicidal_SNiper said:

According to a Gamespot preview I read it doesn't regen, I wish there was some kind of indicator. "
Yeah, it's a pretty fucked up system. It's like they took the old health pack design, took away the indicator, and replaced it with bloodshot that doesn't even mean anything.  "

Agreed. 

If I could see my exact health, knowing for a fact I'm a dead man walking, then I'd know to camp and provide covering fire. You could get shot once by a sniper and not know if it was in the chest or foot, obviously that knowledge is going to affect your survival chances or tactics.