Hear Vinny on this week’s DLC podcast episode 245.

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I’m really liking this trend of GB crew being guests on that podcast considering it’s my favorite non-Giant Bomb video game podcast.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quipido: Thanks, there was no link yet when I posted.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Holy crap, I had no idea they were planning on getting Vinny! This is awesome, can't wait to listen to it! I have a feeling that between Jeff's positivity and Vinny's infectiously happy vibes, this will be the most positive gaming podcast ever.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

I listen to /filmcast casually and I’ve always ignored Jeff’s DLC plug but I guess I need to give it a listen.

FauxHollow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FauxHollow
Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I listened to the episode, considered subscribing, it was a good and fun show, but the ammount and the form of advertising rubs me the wrong way, so I passed. I understand the need to make money, but this is over my personal line. The adds are not announced by music or "let's take a break" or anything, they are just inserted in there and they are long too. Not my cup of tea.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fauxhollow: Ok, I'll definitely give it shot. Do you listen to the /filmcast? Jeff seems like a nice guy but him and everyone except for maybe Devindra rubs me the wrong way on that podcast. I'll listen to one every month or 2 and I'm always reminded why I don't tune in every week.

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quipido: It’s very easy to skip the ads and it’s super obvious when something is an ad.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quipido: It’s very easy to skip the ads and it’s super obvious when something is an ad.

Of course, but when I'm listening to a podcast I am always doing something else, from walking somewhere to playing a game. Skipping ads means I have to pay attention to my phone and that sucks. If you are cool with that then more power to you, my personal line is such that it's just not worth it.

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quipido: I mean, that’s most podcasts now so if I want to listen to them there’s not much choice. The only podcasts I listen to without ad reads are Giant Bomb and that’s only because I’m a premium member.

FauxHollow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquiddragon: Yeah, we see a ton of movies so I listen to the /filmcast regularly. I totally see how they could be an aquired taste. Jeff Cannata is definitely one of the most positive and fun guys I listen to though. DLC is pretty rad week to week. I prefer him over his co-host Spicer, but it's a core staple in my 35 hours or so I listen to at work.

andrewf87462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheers for the heads up on this. I always enjoy listening to the Giantbomb staff, no matter what podcast they are on.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hearing the same ads that I’ve heard on the Bomb/Beastcast, but read in the middle of conversations like it’d be more ”natural” sounding was kinda amusing. Also Gamefly must’ve not updated their ads in a while, because I heard the line about them now having movies also in a Beastcast from 2016 just recently.

Still, this was a fun listen, despite the sorta awkward ads.

BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good episode, but I'm disappointed that they didn't have a Tabletop Time segment with the one Beaster who'd be able to talk about tabletop games at length.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Puchiko

Man this podcast reminds me how much I miss Weekend Confirmed...

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just getting around to checking this out and I noticed Dan was also on it 4 episodes prior.

BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquiddragon: Yep, and Abby was on it back in February! And Jeff was on it back in November 2016!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quipido: I mean, that’s most podcasts now so if I want to listen to them there’s not much choice. The only podcasts I listen to without ad reads are Giant Bomb and that’s only because I’m a premium member.

I still use the normal feed. It's super easy to skip ads. And it's not like a subscription costs anything. Seems like an odd thing to draw the line with personally. But everyone should chase their bliss.