Hellgate: London is coming back to Steam

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

What? We are truly living in an age of wonders. Hellgate: London, for those of you who never played it, was one of the earlier full-3D Diablo clones, and it was kind of a broken mess when it launched but had a lot of weird charm to it, but you don't need to take my word for it. It's had a weird post-life as a free-to-play game in Korea, and I guess there's some mobile version of it too now. It'll be interesting to see what the heck this even is after 11 years, but hopefully it's at least got some good lootin'.

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Whaaaa?

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I own this game on disk. I actually like HL more than most others. I found it oddly relaxing at the time.

Does this mean they will be booting up the servers again?

Wasn't expecting this but, I don't know, I might pick it up again... for some reason. What a weird thing.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

AWWWW YEEAAAHH premium video gaming coming at cha' hot and ready good video games like hellgate london wooooo

xamon0288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What kind of alternative dimension are we living in lol. But seriously, Hellgate was a fun game back in the day. I had a lot of fun with it and I will probably check it out again, mostly for nostalgia sake. Also will be looking forward to some sort of coverage from you @rorie?

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

ah 2018. Year of Defiance & Hellgate: London

xamon0288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onemanarmyy I forgot Defiance was getting an expansion(?) this year.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Consider me intrigued. If it's F2P or a reasonable price I'll probably check it out. Judging by the steam store page it's going to be singleplayer only with microtransactions so I assume F2P.

deckard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I still remember playing the original release and one of the first mission in this dark fantasy post-apocalyptic action RPG is “Find Little Jimmy’s Wooden Leg.” Literally that’s the mission name.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m sure this has aged like fine wine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bd2957e27c8e
deactivated-5bd2957e27c8e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well time to play hellgate londen then.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda recall playing it. Bland as shit is how I would put it. Passing well beyond the point of "maybe" you should "try" this. But I didnt get far...................

Anthony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought the collector edition and the lifetime subscription for like $150 or something the day it came out. They used to charge money if you wanted more than a few character slots. Big mistake.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Steam description has a heavy emphasis on "Single play", the original game did fully support single player but i think it would be odd to re-launch it now with only the lonely option.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man I remember getting this on launch with a group of friends, sitting down for a weekend and then never touching this thing again. We were so hyped though. Honestly the actual game itself I remember very little about except for the Diablo-clone aspects. I remember the setting seeming really fucking cool at the time, but having zero idea why it fell off me. Maybe this deserves a revisit? This is also kind of crazy too.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

The craziest thing about Hellgate is how little work went into writing the story. Like the entire reason it got so much hype was because of the cool setting and then they didn't hire anyone who knew what to do with it. I beat the story and it made me very angry.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

What a weird thing to bring back, but hey, that's cool.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, I remember playing this when it came out. I enjoyed it as a random time sink, but I also think I was in middle school or something at the time.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

What a time to be alive. Hell yeah I'll dive back into some Hellgate: London. I remember (kinda) enjoying the beta way back when. What better reason to spend my free time on something.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hellgate: Brexit expansion confirmed!

Actually, the only thing I very distinctly remember about the game was how, when conversing with characters, it would only display a single sentence of text at a time even though the text box they popped up was pretty large. You had to arrow through sentence by sentence. I've seen a lot of obnoxious stuff in games, but that one was by far the weirdest obnoxious thing I've ever encountered.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I refuse to ever touch this franchise again. My friend and I bought the original as well as a lifetime subscription...and then the game happened. Totally a buyer beware situation but I just have too much of a gross taste in my mouth after that and anything else bill roper touches post Diablo 2.